• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well that gif is infuriating. Not only do the subtitles not match what he says (this is pretty common with tumblr gifs to be fair), but it already has english subtitles on!
It matches the end of what he's saying, as he is speaking in Korean. It was made from a skilled fansub team that subs the spoken words and also overlays translation of the graphics of the show, which happen to be quoting him.

Santiako

Giving back to the thread

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beyond Divinity -- MB-9C375B6FE432FE15 - Taken by Consequence

It feels weird to have the console warriors rip each other apart over the resolution that the Metro games are going to run on their machines. that might be the most that those gamers have ever talked about metro, hah. I guess publicity is publicity.

Knurek

I had no expectations for Hard Reset, so was really surprised about how fun it was to play. Certainly interested in Shadow Warrior now. I'm trying to find the OST for Hard Reset, but I think that's going to be a tough task.

Official version doesn't seem to be available anymore, less than official ones are easily findable with google.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I hate those "type in the characters above" in the new steam guard and in general. Can never get them right

Dr Dogg

So haven't stuck my head in the OT but hows Transistor? A few of you folks were having doubts about the gameplay and/or story/narration. Has it lived up to your expectations so far?

It feels weird to have the console warriors rip each other apart over the resolution that the Metro games are going to run on their machines. that might be the most that those gamers have ever talked about metro, hah. I guess publicity is publicity.

Numbers, numbers, it's all about the numbers. I stuck my head in the preliminary Wolf:14 Digital Foundry thread and it's funny to see people arguing about the game without even owning it and a fair few folks who haven't posted in the OT either. Also the screenshots DF used as bloody hideous and not really a good representation of the game that I've been thoroughly enjoying. One of them had a massive tear line through the middle of it, that alone should be an indication to take their articles with a big pinch of salt.

I'm not going to lie I like my games pretty and willing to spend through the nose to do so but I'm not going to let someone else try to quantify it to me with a vast amount of numbers. I can judge and tweak these things much better myself.

Official version doesn't seem to be available anymore, less than official ones are easily findable with google.

Damn that's a shame. I was hoping there was a bandcamp link or something I wasn't aware of.

Really? The game bored me to tears, gave up after a couple of hours.
It would have been twenty thousand times better if they shaved like 6 hours off the length of it.

I felt like Hard Reset could have done without the 'Extended' content the Steam version came with. It felt like it was an hour or two too long, but I enjoyed what it was - explosions and destroy robots.

Pretty refreshing, in a strange way.

nexen

Damn that's a shame. I was hoping there was a bandcamp link or something I wasn't aware of.

I felt like Hard Reset could have done without the 'Extended' content the Steam version came with. It felt like it was an hour or two too long, but I enjoyed what it was - explosions and destroy robots.

I liked Hard Reset. Well the first couple of hours anyways. So much repetition.

Any of you ever wondered what Steam BPM and Battleblock Theatre looks like to a video card?

Ar6gD8S.jpg

It's pretty much FEZ II.

Touch wood I've had no MegaTexture problems thus far but I do have a shit load of System RAM, VRAM and disc space to cache them all in.

Well I'm in a quandary as I want to get it done asap so I can finish up KiD and get ready for Watch_Dogs but I'm having waaay too much fun. Taking my time to some extent and only on Chapter 5. Getting an Auto Shotgun in Chapter 4 was fun but then getting 2 and dual wielding them was just insane. Sliding around amongst a shower of blood and gibbs!!!

I think even with a decent amount of System RAM, VRAM and disc space for caching you can still catch id tech 5's LOD load-in for the mega-textures if you try hard enough. I remember seeing a lot of videos like that back when Rage came out and was a giant shit show for quite a few people. Maybe still is, Brink never seemed to quite get fixed for some. And then there's how low resolution some of the megatextures look if you're really up close. People who get giant boners off of taking close up screenshots of bricks and rocks were sorely put off by that.

I'm in no rush for Watch_Dogs myself, half tempted to wait for a sale or GotY/complete edition before buying that. Transistor and Killer is Dead can wait, cos I got one thing and one thing only on my mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YM3AYZaTZ0#t=29

DocSeuss

I had no expectations for Hard Reset, so was really surprised about how fun it was to play. Certainly interested in Shadow Warrior now. I'm trying to find the OST for Hard Reset, but I think that's going to be a tough task.

Let's put it this way: I didn't like Hard Reset.

I LOOOVED Shadow Warrior.

It's that much of an improvement. Best sword in video games.

It would have been twenty thousand times better if they shaved like 6 hours off the length of it.

I think you meant not-shaved-and-did-the-opposite-of-shaved.

I think the first few hours were the problem. The game's level design gets progressively better.

Card Boy

Banned
Any of the Lego games on Amazon region locked?

I want these

LEGO Batman [Steam] - $5.00 (75% off)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes [Steam] - $5.00 (83% off)
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 [Steam] - $5.00 (75% off)
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 [Steam] - $5.00 (75% off)
LEGO Lord of the Rings [Steam] - $5.00 (75% off)

Salsa

that State of Decay mod isnt as good as I thought.. it does make the shadows a bit lighter but also desaturates a bunch of stuff. Tried messing with the SweetFX settings but I dont have the patience to make it better. Eh, think i'll stick with vanilla and all the gamma up

Exuro

So when GFWL shuts down in the summer everyone that's bought Dark Souls/buying it today due to the sale is SOL yeah? Wonder if Valve will remove the game from Steam and hopefully light a fire under from/namco to port it over to steamworks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wonder why death to spies 3 has to go through greenlight if the first 2 are on steam

Is it this one?

It is blinking but still don't seem to want to connect, when I hold down the 2 buttons.

YEs -- I can see from that that your SCP server cannot see your bluetooth dongle. If it's working, you should have a hex string after "host address:" and then as you add controllers, you will get either "reserved/connected/charging" under the numbers.

Try to update the bluetooth driver.

Who's directions are you following?

I used the ones from the Scarlet Crush SCP server and they worked like a charm even though my BT dongle wasn't detected and I had to manually load the drivers using the workaround.

Dr Dogg

I think even with a decent amount of System RAM, VRAM and disc space for caching you can still catch id tech 5's LOD load-in for the mega-textures if you try hard enough. I remember seeing a lot of videos like that back when Rage came out and was a giant shit show for quite a few people. Maybe still is, Brink never seemed to quite get fixed for some. And then there's how low resolution some of the megatextures look if you're really up close. People who get giant boners off of taking close up screenshots of bricks and rocks were sorely put off by that.

I'm in no rush for Watch_Dogs myself, half tempted to wait for a sale or GotY/complete edition before buying that. Transistor and Killer is Dead can wait, cos I got one thing and one thing only on my mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YM3AYZaTZ0#t=29

Hahaha. It certainly looks better than the other idTech 5 games. It feels like the main texture sheet and the smaller virtual textures are much more consistent. In some areas the game looks like living breathing concept art. Then there's the gameplay to match as well.

I think I might be sticking with Wolf until the end of the Bank Holiday weekend (might fire up KiD to check on the state of the port and help out in the OT with any tweaks) and mop up most of the chievos for some PlayFire cash. Plus I might do a Fergus Timeline Playthrough if I get the time.

This is BEAUTIFUL.

How hard should I hit with a hammer my GPU to get that effect?

Crank up your clock speed in Afterburner/Precision to maximum and watch in joy/horror*

* I take no responsibility if you're silly enough to try this as you will cook your card and probably crash your system. Don't do it Copons!

pahamrick

Final bump so anyone else who doesn't have this gem can enter if wanted.
ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
The Saboteur Origin Key -- MB-DBC1D10DD2FA6CF5

t1400829385z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Murdered Soul Suspect latest trailer got me hyped, might bite day 1 with a nice GMG voucher

The best part of the Saboteur is running over cows. Very few times in my life have I had so wide a smile as when I did so for the first time back on the PS3 when it originally came out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Murdered Soul Suspect latest trailer got me hyped, might bite day 1 with a nice GMG voucher

Might be cheaper to buy an AMD voucher (not sure, haven't looked for one)

EDIT: yeah, definitely. They're going for $25 on eBay. It comes with 2 games, and this is one of the choices.

Rhaknar

I dont know anything about Killer is Dead, im watching the ps3 quicklook now and...what the flying fuck is going on in this game :D

rtcn63

I played Saboteur ages ago on 360. I enjoyed it for the most part, but stopped at this one thing where you had to travel from one end of the map to the other- it felt like it took years. And I think I died somehow, forcing me to have to redo it... and I said fuck that.

Might be cheaper to buy an AMD voucher (not sure, haven't looked for one)

EDIT: yeah, definitely. They're going for $25 on eBay. It comes with 2 games, and this is one of the choices.

Shame the rest of those games have been cheap enough that I own them already... $25 for two games would be choice for the most part.

I can definitely notice the speed up in ES, btw. Great jorb!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shame the rest of those games have been cheap enough that I own them already... $25 for two games would be choice for the most part.

I can definitely notice the speed up in ES, btw. Great jorb!

Thanks!

I'm buying a new video card for my son (and he doesn't care about the games being on his own account since we family-share anyway), otherwise I'd pick up a voucher on eBay for Murdered: Soul Suspect and Payday 2.

Anyone else having the issues of when searching a game on steam(browser) actually clicking on the page link doesn't work? I have to use the keyboard to highlight the game whose page I want to view, and then hit enter.

capturekcsgm.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237470/

Bit of a hidden deal, Battle Worlds Kronos got a base price drop and a 20% discount to $16. I'm a huge Battle Isle fan (I used to wait hours for the AI to finish its turn back in the day), so that was the tipping point for me to jump in.

Apparently it is a bit brutal, but that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Where else can people with 700 dollar graphics cards talk about getting the console version because they don't know how to use a computer. Such a waste!

Is a new console generation after all which refuels all the console warriors, hopefully in a year or so such silliness will die down.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom