• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
So when GFWL shuts down in the summer everyone that's bought Dark Souls/buying it today due to the sale is SOL yeah? Wonder if Valve will remove the game from Steam and hopefully light a fire under from/namco to port it over to steamworks.
100% chances that its already being ported to Steamworks. I dont know how this is still a qustion

Copons

Crank up your clock speed in Afterburner/Precision to maximum and watch in joy/horror*

* I take no responsibility if you're silly enough to try this as you will cook your card and probably crash your system. Don't do it Copons!

I don't even know if there actually is a video card installed in my rig, let alone modifying something something something like you said. :D

On an unrelated note.
I kinda need a city-builder-random-civ-like fix (after the too easy 1849 experience), and while I'm waiting for a discount on Anno 1404 (apparently the only store selling it for Steam is Steam itself so I guess I'll have to wait at least for the summer sale), suddenly Age of Wonders came up.

Now, I don't know anything about it, but reading descriptions it seems a hybrid between rpg, turn based strategy and a civ-like. In this case, how balanced is between the three?

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Oh man that Vanguard Princess Idie Gala bundle has already paid for itself twice over with selling cards. :lol

Pachimari

Last ditch effort: restart your pc and try again
Doesn't work.

YEs -- I can see from that that your SCP server cannot see your bluetooth dongle. If it's working, you should have a hex string after "host address:" and then as you add controllers, you will get either "reserved/connected/charging" under the numbers.

Try to update the bluetooth driver.

Who's directions are you following?

I used the ones from the Scarlet Crush SCP server and they worked like a charm even though my BT dongle wasn't detected and I had to manually load the drivers using the workaround.
I have no idea.

I were told the SCP-DS stuff I had were the same as DSTool but they have different interfaces. =/

Also, Windows 7 says, that my Bluetooth dongle's driver is up to date.

maneil99

capturekcsgm.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237470/

Bit of a hidden deal, Battle Worlds Kronos got a base price drop and a 20% discount to $16. I'm a huge Battle Isle fan (I used to wait hours for the AI to finish its turn back in the day), so that was the tipping point for me to jump in.

Apparently it is a bit brutal, but that is exactly what I'm looking for.

looks alot like Red Alert 3

MUnited83

For you.
Are we expecting it to be released before July 1st though? I would think they would have announced it by now.

All signs point to the closing date being postponed, and even then I think the game will still be playable (no online though). But with Street Fighter getting a steamworks port and Ace Combat too, I don't see how Dark Souls which is one of their best selling titles wouldn't get a port too. Neither port of those previously mentioned titles really got any type of announcement either.

Anteater

I think I'm getting better at sonic all star racing transformed, got my first gold on hard! The flying shit sucks tho, and I don't know how to dodge items.

On an unrelated note.
I kinda need a city-builder-random-civ-like fix (after the too easy 1849 experience), and while I'm waiting for a discount on Anno 1404 (apparently the only store selling it for Steam is Steam itself so I guess I'll have to wait at least for the summer sale), suddenly Age of Wonders came up.

Now, I don't know anything about it, but reading descriptions it seems a hybrid between rpg, turn based strategy and a civ-like. In this case, how balanced is between the three?

It's heavily skewed towards the RPG & combat aspects, rather than city/civilization management. However, the devs have said they are planning to beef up that aspect at some point as well as introduce more varied victory conditions.

(Edit: was talking about Age of Wonders III here - can't comment on the earlier games)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I asked my brother to get me one. I just redeem the voucher there and I get the 3 games right?

Yeah, depending on which one he got. Bronze gets you 1 game (from a more limited list), Silver gets you 2 games, gold gets you 3.

You have to register with AMD then enter the code from the voucher. Then you select which game(s) you want and they give you Steam keys.

Doesn't work.

I have no idea.

I were told the SCP-DS stuff I had were the same as DSTool but they have different interfaces. =/

Also, Windows 7 says, that my Bluetooth dongle's driver is up to date.

DS4Tool is an offshoot of the Scarlet Crush project -- and there's now an offshoot of the DS4 tool since inHextster or whatever his name was stopped updating DS4Tool.

This is the all-in-one thread for scarlet crush original version that works with DS3 and DS4:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

There's some instructions about how to get your new SCP service to pair with your DS4 in the OP... however, if you don't have your bluetooth driver installed properly, it's not going to work like that anyway.

However, I suggest you check out that thread and it's instructions to get an idea of what you might need to do.

Pachimari

DS4Tool is an offshoot of the Scarlet Crush project -- and there's now an offshoot of the DS4 tool since inHextster or whatever his name was stopped updating DS4Tool.

This is the all-in-one thread for scarlet crush original version that works with DS3 and DS4:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

There's some instructions about how to get your new SCP service to pair with your DS4 in the OP... however, if you don't have your bluetooth driver installed properly, it's not going to work like that anyway.

However, I suggest you check out that thread and it's instructions to get an idea of what you might need to do.

That's the very first thread I followed and were I downloaded everything to begin with, yet that didn't help out. I don't understand the list* of supported bluetooth dongles either, and how I can find out if mine is supported.

USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D
USB\VID_045E&PID_3500
USB\VID_0461&PID_4D75
USB\VID_046D&PID_C709

That's the very first thread I followed and were I downloaded everything to begin with, yet that didn't help out. I don't understand the list* of supported bluetooth dongles either, and how I can find out if mine is supported.

USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D
USB\VID_045E&PID_3500
USB\VID_0461&PID_4D75
USB\VID_046D&PID_C709

You run the setup -- and if your bluetooth driver isn't replaced as part of the setup process, then you follow the "my dongle didn't get updated post" found here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInp...-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller?pid=334141#pid334141

In their example pic, you can see that it mentions replacing the USB\VIDxxx whatever and then "Bluetooth Driver" is listed as things that were installed.

My guess is, if you've tried a bunch of setups for these various tools, that they're now installed and conflicting with one another. I would try to clean them out and start from scratch if it were me. I would then follow the post I link above to ensure my BT adapter got the driver replaced. I would then run the SCP setup and then follow the instructions linked or given in the OP for connecting the controller of my choice.

Copons

It's heavily skewed towards the RPG & combat aspects, rather than city/civilization management. However, the devs have said they are planning to beef up that aspect at some point as well as introduce more varied victory conditions.

(Edit: was talking about Age of Wonders III here - can't comment on the earlier games)

Thank you.
I was talking about AOW and AOW Shadow Magic (basically the two in the 1$ tier of the bundle), but oh well, I have 1 week to decide, and even if right now I'm not in the mood for some heavy strategy, who knows.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Killer is dead quick look completely turned me off the game, looks boring as shit and the usual anime weirdness seems lame this time. Definitely a pass for me until a sale

Murdered Soul Suspect on the other hand shot right up to my most wanted game ATM after the latest trailer

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've somehow purchased 350 games this year so far. I've spent a little more than what 3 full price games cost with tax. Completed 28 games during that time period, so I guess we can conclude I'm losing the backlog battle.

Grief.exe

So when GFWL shuts down in the summer everyone that's bought Dark Souls/buying it today due to the sale is SOL yeah? Wonder if Valve will remove the game from Steam and hopefully light a fire under from/namco to port it over to steamworks.

Microsoft obviously quietly pushed back the unofficial shutdown date to give developers and publishers more time.

Recently Namco announced two things, they were somewhat veiled in PR speak, but we know the following.

1. Dark Souls, and other GFWL games will continue to work until the shutdown date
  2. Namco is currently pursuing 'other options.' Which translates to Steamworks.

It still baffles me how much traffic the console resolution threads get.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, then I had an epiphany.

I just came to an interesting realization.

We spent the past 5 years on GAF getting told that frame rate is irrelevant and you can't see the difference between 600p and 1080p from your couch.

Now we have hundred page threads arguing 900p vs 1080p...

The hypocrisy is truly laughable

iF6PqbgFWmW12.gif

Grief.exe

Tropico 5 Review is up on Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-23-tropico-5-review

Tropico 5 features a number of improvements to its long-standing formula and there's a lot here to like. The humour and in-fighting of your aides provides a lighter tone missing from other management sims, and there's a degree of satisfaction to be found progressing through the distinct eras. It also looks more vibrant than any previous entry. It works well for now, then, but Tropico 5 is clearly more concerned with introducing new concepts atop the old than it is with overhauling its base mechanics. Looking ahead to the future, this long-running series would benefit from having the fires of revolution lit beneath it.

Backlogger

So who is going to beat Steam's Dark Souls weekend deal price? Too bad Amazon isn't including it in their sale. At least 75% off would be appropriate.

DocSeuss

That score is identical to the Tropico 4 score, if I'm not mistaken, and Tropico 4 is one of my most played games of all time: there's some sort of weird RTS/City Builder tax where they're never really allowed to have more than 8/10 for some reason. Nobody ever really explains why. I mean, that Eurogamer review? Literally all they have are problems with building (I'm not a big TB fan, but he indicated building was greatly improved) and army self-preservation--and everything else is greatly improved over the previous game, apparently... yet it gets another 7/10. So: "it's got a couple faults the last game had, but it's way better in a lot of ways. Here's the same score."

It's like the series is capped at 7/10.

I just came to an interesting realization.

We spent the past 5 years on GAF getting told that frame rate is irrelevant and you can't see the difference between 600p and 1080p from your couch.

Now we have hundred page threads arguing 900p vs 1080p...

The hypocrisy is truly laughable

iF6PqbgFWmW12.gif

Wasn't it CBOAT who said that the resolution difference is really important to Sony? And we know Sony's hired astroturfers in a big way this whole campaign (eg all those 'lol microsoft so weak' image macros last year). So it wouldn't surprise me if a big part of the resolution wars are simply a marketing attempt on Sony's part.

At least it's better than the fucking abomination that is Omerta.

I liked Omerta, and it seems tremendously improved now than when I originally played it.

Tizoc

Yeah, depending on which one he got. Bronze gets you 1 game (from a more limited list), Silver gets you 2 games, gold gets you 3.

You have to register with AMD then enter the code from the voucher. Then you select which game(s) you want and they give you Steam keys.

Well I only want Murdered, but if I luck out and can also get Banner Saga as well, those 2 games for $25 (or less since the bidding price is currently $21) would be a freakin' bargain.

Tizoc

Killer is dead quick look completely turned me off the game, looks boring as shit and the usual anime weirdness seems lame this time. Definitely a pass for me until a sale

Murdered Soul Suspect on the other hand shot right up to my most wanted game ATM after the latest trailer

Why not give the Two Best Friends play video a watch? They enjoyed the game-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5oy-KidkI0

KiD is a simple action game and the only 'anime weirdness' in it...well it mostly amounts to Mika. Everything else is just Suda51 Acid.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It is only hypocrisy if it is the exact same people.

It's not even necessarily hypocrisy if it's the same people; if someone believes something, and then later comes to realize their belief was false and now believes something else, that's not hypocrisy, that's progress.

It also wouldn't be hypocrisy if someone thought 1080p was MUST HAVE but 1440p was irrelevant; that'd just be a diminishing returns argument.

I would say that I have definitely observed individuals who seem to be very myopic with regards to their understanding of things; constantly dismissive of others positions and priorities, but updates their own position as soon as their own conditions change, and doesn't seem to be accountable for their own past positions or able to easily understand why they used to think something or why they changed their mind. ;)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Who doesn't want to play Furry Trap?

I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't this.

furrytrap_screenshot.jpg

I've somehow purchased 350 games this year so far. I've spent a little more than what 3 full price games cost with tax. Completed 28 games during that time period, so I guess we can conclude I'm losing the backlog battle.

I like whenever someone says something like this because it makes my -67 games bought to finished ratio seem way healthier in terms of backlogs.

It's not even necessarily hypocrisy if it's the same people; if someone believes something, and then later comes to realize their belief was false and now believes something else, that's not hypocrisy, that's progress.

It also wouldn't be hypocrisy if someone thought 1080p was MUST HAVE but 1440p was irrelevant; that'd just be a diminishing returns argument.

Very true.

I would say that I have definitely observed individuals who seem to be very myopic with regards to their understanding of things; constantly dismissive of others positions and priorities, but updates their own position as soon as their own conditions change, and doesn't seem to be accountable for their own past positions or able to easily understand why they used to think something or why they changed their mind. ;)

Such is the rules of the game! But I also think there are just as many PC people playing it.

Has anyone played FF8 on PC? And if yes in comparison with FFX, FF7 how good is it?

FF8 is a bit love/hate, but I think love is still more likely. Compared to X or 7? Can of worms time there, all three are excellent in their own way.

The port is fine, just expect some low res textures and cutscenes so certainly a must play/try at some stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom