• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seems these updates happened a few weeks after Jshackles paid a visit to valve...coincidence?.......

lol

Seriously though, this update to the market is pretty solid, and very well done. I only wish I could have had a part in it.

DocSeuss

jshackles, I hope you consider, when Valve finally does that "steam is an API, anyone can set up their own storefront" thing... well, setting up your own Steam store.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles, I hope you consider, when Valve finally does that "steam is an API, anyone can set up their own storefront" thing... well, setting up your own Steam store.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to. I'm starting to think that they spoke a bit out of line about the "user-generated storefronts" thing.

It seems like with the new API that allows sites like Humble and IndieGala to redeem Steam keys on your behalf that they've all but eliminated the need for such stores.

Now, anyone that has an agreement with the publishers/developers can make a website that sells digital games that automatically redeem to your Steam account. That seems to be the goal that Valve was after. Valve is making the residual income from those sales with the Steam marketplace in the way of trading cards, profile backgrounds, and emoticons.

I would have already started building my own (proper) store that sells Steam keys if I had the proper amount of time to make such a dream a reality.

I would have already started building my own (proper) store that sells Steam keys if I had the proper amount of time to make such a dream a reality.

All games cost + 1 cent.... except for UK and Australian buyers of course, who pay a lot more. Because sometimes it is nice to fit in.

jshackles

All games cost + 1 cent.... except for UK and Australian buyers of course, who pay a lot more. Because sometimes it is nice to fit in.

I'd love to have a store where I could set a fair price on games, rather than being at the mercy of a publisher or developer setting the price based on their misunderstanding of a particular region or currency.

Sadly, publishers and developers usually don't want to let you sell anything for them unless they can set the price themselves. Seems to be the way the industry works, but it sure would be nice if I could shake that old way of thinking up a little bit.

Man, do people having it programmed or hotkeyed to buy cards under a specific price or something? Cause sometimes my cards, they go within microseconds of me posting.

Aww yiss.

bridge_by_intheflorsh-d76b15z.gif

Thanks man!

... I was going to go on a badge crafting spree.... but shit....

Salsa

every time I exit a game and I read "Witcher 2 NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAMOS" without the proper capitalization all I think is this

tumblr_loepld8Bqp1qi0cpb.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like your hopes for separate apps for Metro Redux are true, JaseC. :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286690/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287390

tumblr_ml4j9bwqpo1rmyauarz.gif

Will buy after the Summer Sale, along with Gauntlet and More-door.

Maybe dumb question, but if I'm in a foreign country, will I have any consequences if I sell/buy stuff on the steam market? I have a few bucks of steam credit but I dont want to get my account locked

No. If Valve didn't want international users using the Market the matter of disallowing them access would be trivial.

Vardhan

I'm interested in purchasing The Witcher and its sequel with the card money I got. Got a question though. Is playing The Witcher necessary to understand the story in The Witcher 2?

Finally passed Chapter 6 of Half-Life 2. I was trapped on that level for a long time. I finally just gave up and looked up a video. It turns out that I kept overlooking a lever I was supposed to use. After that, it's been a smooth ride.

Right now
I'm in a new car with some kind of laser gun on it, and I just got a rocket launcher. I died against the flying gunship
, so I just decided to quit for the day. Still having fun with this game.

Yakkue

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SOL: Exodus -- MB-D4AF39CD70230175 - Taken by Kaper. 3 entrants total.
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-31BB5705ACF295DC - Taken by Ingueferroque. 4 entrants total.
1000 Amps -- MB-4F67E5C80B84B8DC - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.

t1400827983z1.png

... there are people that are actually selling their regular non-foils for $450.

whut.

some people just don't care. Although, some people are crazy, and buy cards at really high prices. A card that's normally going for 1 dollar, someone puts it up for 6, and someone buys it, god knows why.

EDIT: didn't thought of that before. good reason. I feel stupid now.

Knurek

I've somehow purchased 350 games this year so far. I've spent a little more than what 3 full price games cost with tax. Completed 28 games during that time period, so I guess we can conclude I'm losing the backlog battle.

Just stop treating it like backlog, start treating it as a library of your personal favorites you're slowly building up (for future generations).

Salsa

someone sent me a key for 1000 amps yesterday through steam chat. I was in Big Picture, and since im a lazy bastard I just took a picture of the TV with the code with my phone.

well, my micro SD card broke today, and I lost the picture, and I cant remember who it was that was sending me the game

dont be lazy

edit: in my defense big picture is a mess and if I had exited it I probably would have lost the chat window

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I know I have a backlog, but beyond the fact I don't pay attention to it. Far too much stress to worry on the idea of "having to beat something" and instead I choose to focus on "I have lot to try out when I'm done with my current games".

What is the point of Last Light Redux?

Testing out the new engine and techniques and getting a bit of money out of it.
-------------------

Edit: Many thanks Yakkue

Salsa

and after 15 hours State of Decay is getting boring and repetitive, bummer.

edit: I missed the Teleglitch DLC, what a dumbass

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm interested in purchasing The Witcher and its sequel with the card money I got. Got a question though. Is playing The Witcher necessary to understand the story in The Witcher 2?
I was able to follow the story and character motivations in Witcher 2 just fine without playing the first.

jshackles

Gauntlet is ridiculously cheap as a 4-pack with Russia bucks. It's something like $8.75 per copy.

If you'd be interested in a 4-pack, I'm in.

Would also be down for a cheap copy of Guantlet if someone can score a good deal on the 4 pack.

Sober

I was about to bite on the The Chronicles of Riddick sale on Amazon, but then I looked at the comments. Now way José with the DRM issues :(
If you desperately want it on Steam but not the DRM, a gaffer told me to buy the GOG version (no DRM), install that over the Steam directory and it is supposed to play fine.

kurahador

Ah jeez...Archeblade developer is closing down apparently. They just released the final patch which basically removes all the pay-to-win feature and unlocks all the stuff to paid customers.

JaseC

I think I'll jump on Planetary Annihilation if the Weekend Deals are a bust since the Early Access version will apparently include a bunch of extras (additional unit, OST, wallpaper and artbook).

Gauntlet is ridiculously cheap as a 4-pack with Russia bucks. It's something like $8.75 per copy.

If you'd be interested in a 4-pack, I'm in.
Would also be down for a cheap copy of Guantlet if someone can score a good deal on the 4 pack.

I suppose I could swing it now. ;) USD$7.92 per head. Just need a fourth. Edit: Sorted.

JaseC, you already have it, I checked for you.

winkcldzu.gif

Deques

I got two Steam keys for Out There Somewhere, one Voskhod version and one classic version. But when I tried to redeem the second key it says that I already it. Does that mean that they gave me two keys for the same game?

Dr Dogg

Attention game collection completionists:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/21600/
Capcom's Age of Booty is a mostly online-only game whose online servers are being permanently disabled next week. This makes it an extremely high risk of being delisted from Steam. JaseC, you already have it, I checked for you.

Another Gamespy casualty then?

I've got it on 360 and I do remember the Single Player stuff being a bit thin on the ground but that version did have 4 player local multiplayer. Don't know of the PC version does but I think I recall the reason I didn't pick it up was that it had limited activation DRM. Still if it's for collection purposes go nuts but I did have a bit of fun with it when it came out, reminded me of an old PS1 game called Overboard!

JaseC

I got two Steam keys for Out There Somewhere, one Voskhod version and one classic version. But when I tried to redeem the second key it says that I already it. Does that mean that they gave me two keys for the same game?

Yeah, the devs didn't actually make a DDE on Steam, so you get the same sub regardless of which key you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom