• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

I just figured out that, being a local co-op game, you can assign the other player slots to keyboard controls and an extra controller if you have one. It makes getting the most valuable achievement absolutely trivial.

I was thinking to do that. I was just lazy to find extra controllers

SparkTR

May be a bit off topic but has anybody played Warhammer 40K Fire Warrior on a 64-bit machine? I cannot get my copy to work, currently the second 'classic' game I've encountered that refuses to run (the first being Requiem Avenging Angel). I'm half tempted to build a cheap 32-bit XP machine to get them running.

Is there a list somewhere of games on Steam that do not bind to your account when installed? I opened Steam on my laptop yesterday, and saw that in my library I have 507 games under "all games", but on my desktop I had 510 games under "all games".

I remembered that I had Free to Play (the documentary) and Alien Swarm installed on my desktop, so that's 2 of the 3 extra games. But I can't figure out what the third would be. Is there any way of doing this without having to tediously go through the list one-by-one to see where the difference is? I'm nearly certain that I don't have some other free game installed...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a list somewhere of games on Steam that do not bind to your account when installed? I opened Steam on my laptop yesterday, and saw that in my library I have 507 games under "all games", but on my desktop I had 510 games under "all games".

I remembered that I had Free to Play (the documentary) and Alien Swarm installed on my desktop, so that's 2 of the 3 extra games. But I can't figure out what the third would be. Is there any way of doing this without having to tediously go through the list one-by-one to see where the difference is? I'm nearly certain that I don't have some other free game installed...

Pretty much Steam's entire free-to-play library behaves like that; only a select handful of games use the free licence system. There's no easy way to narrow down the candidate short of cross-checking what you have installed.

Pretty much Steam's entire free-to-play library. Only a select handful of games use the free licence system.

It's weird though, cos I'm certain that there's no other free-to-play game on there. TF2 and Dota 2 are bound to my account (as I got them before TF2 went f2p and before Dota 2 officially launched), and I scanned the games and can't see anything else. Maybe I will have to go through the list to figure this out. It'd have to be something installed, I'm guessing. As otherwise the game count shouldn't be affected.

Edit: unless a game was removed from libraries recently? Something like what happened with Order of War: Challenge (though it's not that game). I wonder if a game I bought that I had installed ages ago could still be sitting on the desktop but no longer in my "account", so to speak... (I'd bloody well hope not, as I wasn't too pleased to have a game I bought taken away from me last year).

JaseC

IEdit: unless a game was removed from libraries recently? Something like what happened with Order of War: Challenge (though it's not that game). I wonder if a game I bought that I had installed ages ago could still be sitting on the desktop but no longer in my "account", so to speak... (I'd bloody well hope not, as I wasn't too pleased to have a game I bought taken away from me last year).

If somebody tried to pinch one of my games, I'd know about it. ;) I did finally manage to get Order of War: Challenge back, though.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I just figured out that, being a local co-op game, you can assign the other player slots to keyboard controls and an extra controller if you have one. It makes getting the most valuable achievement absolutely trivial.

As a side note, I think this is the first game I've seen where I think Playfire/SAM has really messed with global achievements stats. Right now there are more people who have the achievement to get 20 kills without dying than those who have the achievement to get 10 kills without dying.

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine is another one. The .50 cheezmo for that was beating the game with a 500/500 score. According to the tracking stats, more people have that achievement than the one for just beating the game.

Oh and for Chompy Chomp Chomp, I found the Stayin' Alive map to be the easiest to get the kill streak on. Turning off power ups helps as well.

Arthea

The real question is to go to watch a new Godzilla movie or not to go. Reception so far is not good, nobody who watched liked it. (._.)
And again why there is no Godzilla game on steam, that's simply wrong!
I could wait till Japanese unhappy with US handling of Godzilla again, will make their own movie too.

Well, they release stuff on AppStore. Steam is turning (if it hasn't already) into an AppStore, so there's hope (TM).

ohyou.jpg
FF0,5-6 and TWEWY iOS ports, please

JaseC

The real question is to go to watch a new Godzilla movie or not to go. Reception so far is not good, nobody who watched liked it. (._.)
I could wait till Japanese unhappy with US handling of Godzilla again, will make their own movie too.

I briefly considered pushing back The Grand Budapest Hotel a day and watching Godzilla instead, but I checked the listings again and Friday was the last day for GBH. The same thing happened with The Host (saw it on its last day), but this time I didn't come out of the theatre with a faint pang of regret. ;)

Authority

Banned
I can't believe I am falling for this shit.

tumblr_n5v76tPAFw1r0c5gvo1_1280.jpg

Transformers Universe Online - Beta

tumblr_n5su7z6pbF1tw9yl5o1_400.gif

Burn transformer-fanboy, burrrrrrrrrn.

Arthea

I briefly considered pushing back The Grand Budapest Hotel a day and watching Godzilla instead, but I checked the listings again and Friday was the last day for GBH. The same thing happened with The Host (saw it on its last day), but this time I didn't come out of the theatre with a faint pang of regret. ;)

you didn't? (><)
skipping on Godzi probably would feel so wrong to me as for you missing Ronan movie, inspite how bad
both are

I can't believe I am falling for this shit.
Transformers Universe Online - Beta
Burn transformer-fanboy, burrrrrrrrrn.

you are not alone, I almost fell for it, signing for beta I mean, good I remembered it's MMO right in time to come to my senses
I'm so definitely, irreversible done with MMOs

Copons

I had a really great time with Godzilla.
I understand all the negative reception it's getting, and I even agree with them to a certain extent. But I guess people expected some kind of Pacific Rim movie, while Godzilla draws more from Jurassic Park or Jaws (mainly in terms of pacing). It's more a movie about powerless and helpless humans facing big scary monsters, than big scary monsters throwing aircraft carriers against each others.
But all in all, the important thing is that when Godzilla is on screen, he's glorious to the point of shouting and cheering in childlike wonder and joy.

Arthea

I had a really great time with Godzilla.
I understand all the negative reception it's getting, and I even agree with them to a certain extent. But I guess people expected some kind of Pacific Rim movie, while Godzilla draws more from Jurassic Park or Jaws (mainly in terms of pacing). It's more a movie about powerless and helpless humans facing big scary monsters, than big scary monsters throwing aircraft carriers against each others.
But all in all, the important thing is that when Godzilla is on screen, he's glorious to the point of shouting and cheering in childlike wonder and joy.
Funny that you mention it, everybody I talked about this movie were impressed with Godzi, but disappointed with everything else. I hope to be impressed too. :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know you don't have to farm cards with SAM after the initial drop batch?

no farming necessary in this case :p I also will refrain to say how many cards Ive gotten in Marvel ^_^

Authority

Banned
you are not alone, I almost fell for it, signing for beta I mean, good I remembered it's MMO right in time to come to my senses
I'm so definitely, irreversible done with MMOs

tumblr_n5qw5k5AsL1qk9qb8o1_500.gif

But I want to transform so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

From this list it seems the only good transformers we ever had were Beast Wars and Cybetron ones. How come there is no OT for Tranformer games?

Copons

Funny that you mention it, everybody I talked about this movie were impressed with Godzi, but disappointed with everything else. I hope to be impressed too. :)

It's just impossible not being impressed by Godzilla, he's perfect!
He could have gotten more screentime, yes, but then imho the wonder of seeing him would have been way less.

The "everything else" everybody is so disappointed, namely the "human" plot... they're right.
It's kind of badly written (even though the scenes where humans directly "interact" with the kaijus are thrilling as hell!) and most characters are shallow.
But for me it was an excuse to lower the identification barrier between viewers and characters, that mostly work like "vessels" for the viewer. Something akin to games featuring first person views and a mute main character.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Same here, unless it's way overpriced.
30% off on release would be nice as well.
And not being featured in a bundle a week later. :\

My bet would be around 10&#8364; like Ikaruga (so hopefully around 5&#8364; in Russia), time to idle some more card money...

Did the old version of CC have a tate mode? I can't remember...

Arthea

From this list it seems the only good transformers we ever had were Beast Wars and Cybetron ones. How come there is no OT for Tranformer games?

I liked how they demand to choose your side right of the bat lol
nice site too.
Not many Transformers fans here, and so far only two people that gets it (me and another steamgaf regular, I can't believe I forgot who! (._.)
you know, that Transformers don't have to be good (games or movies), that's not the point (><)

JaseC

Who are you and what have you done with JaseC?
We all here know he only plays Ubisoft games!

Haha, well, after ~7 hours (Steam says 8, but I spent a fair chunk of time fiddling with settings) I'm still on the first chapter since I'm abusing the checkpoint system to unlock the perks as soon as possible, so I'm certainly playing it like an Ubi game. ;)

Arthea

That means you don't know real Jasec. He plays Ubi games, Counter strike and Wolf, also Amalur and does deforesting runs in AoE inbetween.
In fact, I'm not sure why we believe he doesn't play games, he plays a lot. (><)

JaseC

That means you don't know real Jasec. He plays Ubi games, Counter strike and Wolf, also Amalur and does deforesting runs in AoE inbetween.
In fact, I'm not sure why we believe he doesn't play games, he plays a lot. (><)

I play more than AssCreed, but I really don't play many games. I don't think I've actually finished a game thus far this year, unless you count Freedom Cry (but I played through it before it was released as a standalone game).

Arthea

I always feel instant regret whenever I pay full price on a preorder.

WatchDoggs

I just noticed you bought that. Are you in some suicidal mood or something.
Haven't you played two AssCreed games in a row already? (><)

still looks like braging, but you have right to brag. holly smoke, that's impressive list!
and I'm still stuck in FFX and X-2 neverending cycle. It was really bad idea to play them one after another, it's just too much, I mean of very intensive and long games, especially FFX.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I always feel instant regret whenever I pay full price on a preorder.

http://i.imgur.com/Nwu5Fdx.png[IMG]

EDIT: This close into Summer Sale too.[/QUOTE]

At least with my Murdered Soul Suspect pre-order I feel like I helped keep a developer in this world a bit longer. (Or away from mobile at least.)

Dr Dogg

Well there are quite a lot of collectables to find in each chapter. Not UbiSoft levels mind but stuff to find none the less.

I just noticed you bought that. Are you in some suicidal mood or something.
Haven't you played two AssCreed games in a row already? (><)

Death by checklist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom