• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there any reason to buy Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 if I'm going to get 2 or do they have different content?

2 makes 1 redundant because it is basically the same thing but with more "stuff". So that is all you need.
3 is a little different (for better or mostly worse), so if that shows up you could consider looking at it as well.

Bluth54

2 makes 1 redundant because it is basically the same thing but with more "stuff". So that is all you need.
3 is a little different (for better or mostly worse), so if that shows up you could consider looking at it as well.

Yeah I own and have played/enjoyed 3, so I wanted to check out one of the earlier games now that they are on Steam.

Knurek

Seems like it. Looks meh though. Thnaks anyway.

I have F310 (which is rumble-less version IIRC). It's not bad, but I still prefer to use DualShock 2 where possible (x360ce doesn't work with some games). DPad is even worse than in the X360 controller, face buttons are very clicky (and feel like they will get stuck any minute) and triggers require a lot of force to operate.
On the plus side, full XInput compatibility and proper stick placement when compared to that X360 abomination.

Salsa

man State of Decay takes a dive fast. It started out great and then there's just not nearly enough stuff to do and everything is repetitive

I did the last mission after 16 hours and it was one of the most lacklusting and abrupt endings I can think of

I thought I was gonna love it but it's basically just great base work for the next, proper game

I have F310 (which is rumble-less version IIRC). It's not bad, but I still prefer to use DualShock 2 where possible (x360ce doesn't work with some games). DPad is even worse than in the X360 controller, face buttons are very clicky (and feel like they will get stuck any minute) and triggers require a lot of force to operate.
On the plus side, full XInput compatibility and proper stick placement when compared to that X360 abomination.

Thanks for your opinion. I actually prefer the stick placement of the 360 controller myself. I just got a new 360 controller, and it reminds me that I used to saw a mysterious controller on Steam store page :p

man State of Decay takes a dive fast. It started out great and then there's just not nearly enough stuff to do and everything is repetitive

I did the last mission after 16 hours and it was one of the most lacklusting and abrupt endings I can think of

I thought I was gonna love it but it's basically just great base work for the next, proper game

Once you get a solid base built up there isn't much to do. I still really enjoyed it.

Knurek

Put two more hours into AssCreed Rev.
Played the first Desmond mission... WTH? Why would Ubi use separate exe for these? It's really jarring seeing the original game close, popup with the new exe flicker for a while and then the gameplay starts. Gameplay was so-so as well, FPS tetris? Who thought this would be fun?
Oh well, back to Istanbul and chasing icons on the map/filling various bars.

Vuze

Should check my library before claiming free games. Got this from the BundleStars giveaway.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

pid -- MB-C8B71E7CAF9B089F - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 1 entrants total.

t1400829249z1.png

Enjoy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-D0DDAB39F60B7D2C - Taken by kudoboi
Bridge Constructor -- MB-C2A4B475FEA41FF5 - Taken by The Dear Leader

mrgone

Gauntlet four-pack is sorted. I'll send the game through Steam once everyone has sent through their share and I get my hands on the four-pack.

Yep. How generous. ;)

Wait, they did? I only got a "Classic Redeem" key from my thegreenlightbundle.com purchase, and nothing from my Debut 2.0 purchase as I guess it already existed in Desura when IndieRoyale slapped it into my account with everything else from the bundle. All the bonus material's there on the Debut 2.0 page, though. I wonder if I need to email them for the second key as a result

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, they did? I only got a "Classic Redeem" key from my thegreenlightbundle.com purchase, and nothing from my Debut 2.0 purchase as I guess it already existed in Desura when IndieRoyale slapped it into my account with everything else from the bundle. All the bonus material's there on the Debut 2.0 page, though. I wonder if I need to email them for the second key as a result

Have you checked your Desura collection page? You should see this:

otsdesuram6qwj.jpg

KiDdYoNe

So, i just got free Pid for my friend and found out that i had a few bundles purchased from IndieGala. Thing is, all the things i want from them i already have and don't really know if i owe them from those bundles or from another ones. For example, i remember buying Jericho recently firstly because someone told me that it's alright and demo never showed the whole picture. And secondly, of course — it's off Steam now. Same with FUEL — i don't remember activating that key.

Anyway, here's some keys which can be no good, so test your luck!

And since it's kinda late in US, let's make it 24 hours raffle. Good luck and remember, that some keys may be already used.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Operation Flashpoint Red River -- MB-63D1D58A81CA2C7E
Clive Barkers Jericho -- MB-CD2019D35596126B
Operation Flashpoint Flashpnt Dragon Rising -- MB-16420EB9C38EADB3
Red Faction 1 and 2 -- MB-2FE6D810379A6F6D
Overlord and Raising Hell -- MB-4E9FEB51D2156EE3
Damnation -- MB-6956A45FA7B72859
FUEL -- MB-96AF6A71595CD246
Overlord 2 -- MB-8D863CDCE5A52D6F

t1400915740z1.png

Have you checked your Desura collection page? You should see this:

otsdesuram6qwj.jpg

Huh, that doesn't work with debut 2.0 keys, it seems.

I only have the classic tied to my desura account and when I ask it for a key, it says "go bug indie royale where you got it."

Indie Royale debut 2.0 has no steam key for out there somewhere though.

Deques

Huh, that doesn't work with debut 2.0 keys, it seems.

I only have the classic tied to my desura account and when I ask it for a key, it says "go bug indie royale where you got it."

Indie Royale debut 2.0 has no steam key for out there somewhere though.

Use the Desura client to get the keys, I got mine from the client

JaseC

Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-066FE92B56B680A3 - Taken by corrosivefrost

Doh, mine's a little different

nsqAd0x.jpg

Strange. Maybe the error was fixed.

AHA-Lambda

So, a number of years ago, circa 2011, EviLore posted this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451542

The purpose was to ban CD key reseller sites from being discussed on GAF. His logic was that since it was essentially impossible to determine the provenance of the keys they were selling (could be stolen, could be taken off of foreign retail copies, could be taken off foreign retail copies and double-sold, could require VPN activation, could be unauthorized resale) and there was essentially no liability or accountability mechanism, people would be likely to fall for it, get themselves in trouble, or lose access to their games. I suspect from EL's perspective it's also a liability issue for him that he wants to avoid.

That basically ended the issue for a few years, but lately I've noticed that an awful lot of people have been basically wandering in here to say "LOL is dis $10 key for a new retail game I found on RussiaKeyz.ru real? Well bot it newayz". It's sort of a support issue, it takes up a lot of posts in the thread, So this is me taking the opportunity to remind people that our stance site-wide is not to use those services and not to post them here. No one is going to get banned, obviously, since the crux of the issue is people not understanding the nature of the services, but just a reminder that we're asking people not to discuss them.

If you still plan on buying from those sites, by all means, it's your money and your account and don't let me stop you. But we've added several of the biggest key resale sites to GAF's block list and trying to post their URLs will result in them being ******ed out. I won't be providing a list of the URLs that we're blocking. This should also not be taken as an indication that sites we haven't blocked are somehow legit and there will probably be more names added to the list as it continues to come up.

I've only just seen this post, seems pretty definitive and glad it was brought up actually.

I do have to ask though, what about things like steam trading as has been discussed on this thread, where it is obvious that the game is from Russian stores?

Played a bit of Chompy Chomp Chomp (http://store.steampowered.com/app/292570/) for the Playfire achievements (which are very quick and easy to get btw).

You have one screen and need to run into the other player of your chosen colour. Of course at the same time you need to avoid the person trying to eat you. Occasionally the colours change, you have some powerups to confuse matters and an arcade mode where you can control things more.

It is ok and does nothing wrong, but what it is trying to achieve is pretty uninspired. If you have a couple of younger gamers in the house it would probably not be a bad game to have in the collection.

Zafir

I've only just seen this post, seems pretty definitive and glad it was brought up actually.

I do have to ask though, what about things like steam trading as has been discussed on this thread, where it is obvious that the game is from Russian stores?
If you trade through Steams system, you're covered if it goes wrong. Thus the liability issue isn't there.

Leks

I see Borderlands 2 Season Pass is cheaper on Mac: 10$ instead of 15$ for Windows at Amazon. I know the game and its DLC are SteamPlay, but am I safe if I buy it? My game is a retail version with only Windows requirements at the back of the box.

JaseC

I see Borderlands 2 Season Pass is cheaper on Mac: 10$ instead of 15$ for Windows at Amazon. I know the game and its DLC are SteamPlay, but am I safe if I buy it? My game is a retail version with only Windows requirements at the back of the box.

Yes. There's only one app (well, two if you include the Russian version of the game).

Zafir

Guys...why am I unable to trade or use market for 7 days in firefox but can in steam client?
Limit they've put on 'new devices'(they consider different browsers new devices). I've got the same issue on my phone, tried to do something in it yesterday and gave me the 7 day message.

kurahador

Limit they've put on 'new devices'(they consider different browsers new devices). I've got the same issue on my phone, tried to do something in it yesterday and gave me the 7 day message.

Geez....I'm guessing accessing it on browser with VPN turned on counted as a new device as well, because I can use it just fine few days ago.

JaseC

Let me guess, nunSaoirse.gif?

I own the RU app already. ;) The only "downside" is that since it's a different app it also has a ton of its own DLC, only some of which I already have by virtue of buying the GOTY Edition.

Played a bit of Chompy Chomp Chomp (http://store.steampowered.com/app/292570/) for the Playfire achievements (which are very quick and easy to get btw).

You have one screen and need to run into the other player of your chosen colour. Of course at the same time you need to avoid the person trying to eat you. Occasionally the colours change, you have some powerups to confuse matters and an arcade mode where you can control things more.

It's me right? I tried to get the 0.50£ reward, but I fail so miserably each time :(

I just figured out that, being a local co-op game, you can assign the other player slots to keyboard controls and an extra controller if you have one. It makes getting the most valuable achievement absolutely trivial.

As a side note, this is the first game I've seen where I think Playfire/SAM has really messed with global achievements stats. Right now there are more people who have the achievement to get 20 kills without dying than those who have the achievement to get 10 kills without dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom