• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Downloading Killer is Dead. So excited to play it. My first plan was to buy it sometime on Xbox GoD, but that never happened. Good thing i waited.

Was this already posted?

Crytek is developing a MOBA

aof_coop_bg.jpg

JakeD

did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with the big credit people were finding in their amazon accounts for software/videogames? (you can see it by using this link and clicking "enter your code"

i still have $63 that doesnt seem to apply to anything. i actually even tried calling support to see if there was anything it could be used on. all they said was they "don't see any credit"

did anyone ever figure out what the deal was with the big credit people were finding in their amazon accounts for software/videogames? (you can see it by using this link and clicking "enter your code"

i still have $63 that doesnt seem to apply to anything. i actually even tried calling support to see if there was anything it could be used on. all they said was they "don't see any credit"

I have over $70. I got tons of credit for a lot of F2P games during the last holiday sale I think, so it's probably just that.

Looks like Killer is Dead is out now, and the discount is still active. Hoping for some impressions on graphics/performance because I'm tempted to buy and play it over the weekend.

Do you guys remember a few years ago, where it seemed like everyone was belated trying to get in on the MMORPG market that was dominated by WoW, only to flop big-time?

The chase for the big money continues, in 5 years Bethesda will release their MOBA.

This won't go well

These companies have got to learn that core MOBA players are fundamentally different from other games.

The core gets bored of COD? Battlefield

The core gets bored of Panty Quest? Panty Quest II

The core gets bored of indies? They buy indies by the truckload.

But once you get into a MOBA, you stay there. Forever.

Pretty much this, I don't see how they are going to attract moba players to their games it's a genre that you need to invest a lot of time and the market is already getting crowded.

Please! No more MOBAS!

We always need more MOBA's ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Mo Ba's Mo Problems.

I'm going to give you guys the best bit of business advice I can think of: when starting your project, if you at any point say, "If we can capture just 1 percent of the market..." just stop. You've already lost.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
indiegala friday bundle now ends in... 10 days lol. I hate how they just change the timers randomly

Dr Dogg

Ooo downloading Killer is Dead now. Hopefully the .ini file allows me to try out 4k with the game.

Reses are hardcoded in game but I got 2560x1440 to work without a fuss. GeDoSaTo should work hopefully and it's not too taxing be UE3. Won't go above 60fps sadly but hey it's better than the default clamped settings.

Edit: For a second there I thought Aguirre was posting in here.

_hekk05

Banned
Panda, do you want to be banned? Change that avatar back to Saorise one, don't you know it's bad news?

This feels like star wars.

Saorise One to Saorise Leader, we have entered gabeN airspace

Roger that Saorise One. Keep an eye out for those licensed games. Those elusive bastards could be anywhere

Dr Dogg

Aguirre lives

where are the pics for killer is dead Doc!?

I'm still at work! If it wasn't for the wonders of In-Home Streaming I wouldn't be able to check this out properly at all! That and I don't have my flickr login details and they will look horrid.

Zafir

In home steaming at work? WTB! I can't even access Steam at work, everything's blocked. I use my phone to post on here, hence my often atrocious typos.

AHA-Lambda

Don't worry about trading or individual traders; there's no evidence you can get hosed and if you're trading with keys, Valve can reverse the transaction. Paypal is a little riskier, but there are still good reputation systems and I'm not personally worried.

Important thing is to avoid unofficial key reseller stores. If it's too complicated to figure what's unofficial and what's not, stick to the white-list of allowed stores in the OP.

Cool, thanks Stumpokapow :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's going to be hard standing my ground on Van Helsing II. The game looks great, but I know if I buy it now I'm going to get screwed by the developers.

Might have to skip it in favor of Divinity: Original Sin. Has anyone here played it? How "early access" is it?

didamangi

So, Killer is Dead:

- 30 fps lock at start, thankfully you could change that in the .ini file
- Stuttering on some parts of the levels. You know, the Unreal Engine 3 kind. Even on SSD.
- Fought the first real boss, died. Restart at checkpoint, screen starts to fade to black except for the UI, audio starts to crackle, that's when I quit.

If you want to change the fps to 60 or whatever you want. Go to Steam\steamapps\common\KillerIsDead\KidGame\Config and open the KidEngine.ini.
Find: MaxSmoothedFrameRate and change the value to 60 or whatever you want. I would change bSmoothFrameRate=True to bSmoothFrameRate=False if you don't want frame rate smoothing as well. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will find a way to smooth out the stuttering.

Some screenshots. imgur jpg style, sorry.

Can't wait for the SGSSAA bit, the game will look fantastic I bet.

New Lazy Guy bundle looks like only one is steam, not sure if they are greenlight. This is from reddit.

Dark Shadows - Army of Evil (Steam)
Metal Planet (Desura)
Memories of A Vagabond (Desura)
GEARCRACK Arena (Desura)
Power-Up (Desura)
Don’t Move (Desura)
IDRQ (Desura)
Yrminsul (Desura)
Koya Rift (Desura)
Sick Brick (Desura)
Data Hacker: Corruption (Desura)
Let There Be Life (Desura)
TheTankers (Desura)
Mystery Game (To be revealed in second week)

2.99 for 24H

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is this the same campaign as D3? What's the difference.

i dunno, when I complained about the price back when it came out (lol) I was blasted in this thread because aparently its a complete remake so /shrug? Im sure someone knows the differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom