• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I went there looking for some ideas on actual PC performance, and found a lot of hyperbole instead. Can't stand it at all.

If it performs at about the same level as AC4, I'm going to be totally okay with that. Looking forward to playing it.

Yeah likewise. I'm half hoping that it's a system tester with some pretty intense settings but then it will probably get called an awful port. It's a bloody lose-lose situation with this game.

Parsnip

Enslaved was a good PC port?

Was awful at launch, haven't checked back since

Having not actually played it, I was under the impression that it's barebones and nothing fancy, but completely functional. In my books that counts as an alright port.

Something like Deadly Premonition is what I would call an awful port.

No, I played the crap out of that game on PS3 though. Absolutely loved it. If it is a good port will buy.

The only knock people had on MGR:R, I think, was that it was max 1080p resolution... not sure if that's been patched out or not... I haven't played it since the initial release when I was absorbed by it and got 100% of the achievements.

While I'm thinking of it, did people have problems with the Lords of Shadow port? Cause I thought it was pretty solid, but then again, I'm not as harsh as a lot of PC gamers apparently. It ran at 60fps and had the ability to display at 1080p, so I was happy.

Parsnip

As an aside, anyone tried Killer is Dead with Gedosato's texture dumping/overriding? Those UI element shapes seem pretty simple and potentially easy to rework for higher resolutions.
It's UE3, right? I imagine it will work fine like most UE3 games do.

I had ridiculous fun with Psi-Ops, that game is the poster child for cheats that only serve to enhance the game. It was like the best Sith game and it trumped HL2's use of physics.

I'd really love for a fixed up PC release that had some proper controller support, I remember being disappointed with how KB+M handled the powers.

jediyoshi

Having not actually played it, I was under the impression that it's barebones and nothing fancy, but completely functional. In my books that counts as an alright port.

Not even functional. The HUD doesn't scale with higher resolutions so it's basically unplayable past resolutions you'd want after 1440p.

Anteater

Serious question, are there any Japanese games that are actually good ports? Every one I have needs some sort of modding to run at a decent resolution and/or frame rate.

Capcom games are good ports, devil may cry 4 and resident evil 5, Lost Planet, their fighting games.

Square-Enix's Final Fantasy XIV is really good too.

Sega with Binary Domain, Sonic games, Sonic Racing transformed run and look extremely good. They're some of the games with really great performance.

0 keys already. that was fast

2014-05-23_20-37-30_zps474408e3.png

You might need to login or be in eu.

Sky Chief

The only knock people had on MGR:R, I think, was that it was max 1080p resolution... not sure if that's been patched out or not... I haven't played it since the initial release when I was absorbed by it and got 100% of the achievements.

While I'm thinking of it, did people have problems with the Lords of Shadow port? Cause I thought it was pretty solid, but then again, I'm not as harsh as a lot of PC gamers apparently. It ran at 60fps and had the ability to display at 1080p, so I was happy.

Ugh, only 1080p? Why don't all the Japanese devs just hire Durante?

Serious question, are there any Japanese games that are actually good ports? Every one I have needs some sort of modding to run at a decent resolution and/or frame rate.
Metal Gear Rising is pretty good aside from some display bugs on some systems and a fairly low (for PC) max resolution/frame rate.

kafiend

Thanks for the heads up. I'd probably bite if it was between 50-75% done, but only being 1/4 done kinda puts me off of it. Guess I'll be patiently waiting on that one as well.

Its not a 1/4 done, its a 1/4 of the total content in the full game currently available to play in the early access.
What I have played so far has been epic and could be a contender for personal GOTY. It's a struggle to not play it as I want to play the entire game the next time I jump in :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As someone who kick-started Paper Sorcerer, I will throw out there it is completely worth a dollar if a stylistic, actually kind of difficult RPG sounds appealing to you.

Yakkue

Paper Sorcerer is extremely fun, I can't recommend it enough if you like these kind of games!

Edit: How bad is Tages DRM? (Legend of Grimrock seems to have it)

As someone who kick-started Paper Sorcerer, I will throw out there is it completely worth a dollar if a stylistic, actually kind of difficult RPG sounds appealing to you.

I'll second this, plus I'll agree with the poster saying Grimrock is worth the $3.

I can't speak on Desktop Dungeon, though. I was surprised to find I don't own that one.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Shit, no Grimrock for me...No moneyz left in my paypal.

I strongly recommend Desktop Dungeons, very fun and relaxing game

Bought Duck Tales Remastered. Ready get disappointed, it's in my favorite NES games with SMB, SMB3, Contra and MegaMan 2 and it can't possibly deliver.

I have also been watching the series with my girlfriend, in Finnish none the less and it's amazing how the actors are mostly top notch finnish actors doing a great job but writing is just terrible and tons of sounds are missing.

Anything else I should grab from the Amazon Sale. Anything most likely not be seen in Steam -75% off as I win easily in price with Amazon selling in dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom