• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So, Killer is Dead:

- 30 fps lock at start, thankfully you could change that in the .ini file
Oh shit, glad I waited. I'll need confirmation that unlocking it doesn't fuck up the gameplay somehow before picking this up. A lot of games that lock at 30 end up bugging out in some way.

Dr Dogg

In home steaming at work? WTB! I can't even access Steam at work, everything's blocked. I use my phone to post on here, hence my often atrocious typos.

Hahaha. It's a bit hit or miss and some games look awful but I had ShadowPlay running and grabbed the vid and got a better idea as to how it looks. Plus it's a Bank Holiday on Monday so it's been pretty dead here this last couple of days. Half the office have been playing games on the whiteboards the other half are in the pub.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh shit, glad I waited. I'll need confirmation that unlocking it doesn't fuck up the gameplay somehow before picking this up. A lot of games that lock at 30 end up bugging out in some way.

Of the two recently locked 30 fps games I have used hacks to fix, Transformers had 0 issues and the Dark Souls ladder glitch was incredbily easy to avoid.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's going to be hard standing my ground on Van Helsing II. The game looks great, but I know if I buy it now I'm going to get screwed by the developers.

Might have to skip it in favor of Divinity: Original Sin. Has anyone here played it? How "early access" is it?

I want to jump into Original Sin myself, but there's a CE sub in the registry that Larian has stayed quiet about and the fact there's no upgrade equivalent makes me hesitant. I might fire off an e-mail; perhaps it's not going to be used.

MUnited83

For you.
I want to jump into Original Sin myself, but there's a CE sub in the registry that Larian has stayed quiet about and the fact there's no upgrade equivalent makes me hesitant.

image.php

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Valve put the achievements section back on the store page (still with the fucked-up sized icon).

sigh

Going to have to get to work on that new Enhanced Steam release

Terra_Ex

It's going to be hard standing my ground on Van Helsing II. The game looks great, but I know if I buy it now I'm going to get screwed by the developers.

Might have to skip it in favor of Divinity: Original Sin. Has anyone here played it? How "early access" is it?
As a backer and only having played 5~ hours of it in total so far (wanting to wait for the full thing), it's really very good (and that's probably me underselling it tbh), the latest beta especially is leagues ahead of the initial EA version they put out. Though according to the devs only 1/4 of the whole game is present in the beta atm but they're estimating late june (june 20th) to take it out of beta so now is as good a time as any to get it.

I want to jump into Original Sin myself, but there's a CE sub in the registry that Larian has stayed quiet about and the fact there's no upgrade equivalent makes me hesitant. I might fire off an e-mail; perhaps it's not going to be used.
I think that the collectors edition was a higher KS, limited time only affair.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Playfire Rewards Tropico 5 Special

You can earn up to £5 if you get all achievements. There are still some traders that are selling the preorder version for 5 tf2 keys and you will also get Omerta and Tropico 4 as gifts in your inventory. You can pretty much make the money back in GMG credit plus something extra if you decide to sell your Tropico 4 and Omerta copies

JaseC

I think that the collectors edition was a higher KS, limited time only affair.

I just checked the registry and there's been movement. A bunch of currently-private apps were recently added to the sub, but they were also added to the Duo Pack (the gift copy sub misses out, though, however I assume this will be fixed) as well as their own sub, the latter of which can only be an upgrade sub. To err on the side of caution I might split the Duo Pack with someone if/when the apps are added to the gift sub.

didamangi

Betrayer has steam cards now.

Seems to work just fine so far.

- Fought the first real boss, died. Restart at checkpoint, screen starts to fade to black except for the UI, audio starts to crackle, that's when I quit.

Apparently you can skip the cutscenes too fast and it'll do this. So don't mash that start button when you want to skip cutscenes or else you might get this.

Game's fun so far though. I like it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It looks okay, but the music just makes me think of this and this.

Data Hacker: Corruption (Desura)

This is, what, the second time this week this game has been bundled? Really pushing for it to make it through Greenlight.

Voting on greenlight is so much work, unless they provide me with direct links

The game and the original game look like RPG Maker versions of .hack or something like that. The strange part is that at least Corruption has voice acting, which is kind of rare for RPG Maker games.

Levyne

Banned
The only Early Access game I've jumped into was Starbound, and the lack of updates (however justified) as well as simply not being a very interesting game to me has kind of soured me a bit. As irrational as that may be.

JaseC

wheelman was on steam at one point but got removed

Yeah, Midway died in 2009, but Ubi was publishing the game on Steam so it survived until May 2012, at which point either Ubi's publishing contract or Digital Vin Diesel expired (probably the former).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Man, if I skip reading the topic for a couple of days, it's impossible to catch upm there's like 10 new pages every day :(
At least I did read on the topic title change, lol

Amazing :lol :lol :lol
What's the source of this?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As a backer and only having played 5~ hours of it in total so far (wanting to wait for the full thing), it's really very good (and that's probably me underselling it tbh), the latest beta especially is leagues ahead of the initial EA version they put out. Though according to the devs only 1/4 of the whole game is present in the beta atm but they're estimating late june (june 20th) to take it out of beta so now is as good a time as any to get it.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd probably bite if it was between 50-75% done, but only being 1/4 done kinda puts me off of it. Guess I'll be patiently waiting on that one as well.

YAY FFIII has a release date :)

May 27th

Such a missed opportunity, since a lot of people in the US have a three day weekend that ends on Tuesday.

Aaron D.

The only Early Access game I've jumped into was Starbound, and the lack of updates (however justified) as well as simply not being a very interesting game to me has kind of soured me a bit. As irrational as that may be.

That's a shame, 'cause there are many Early Access titles that could pass for 100% polished & complete retail releases. Kerbal Space Program, Viscera Cleanup Detail, & Take on Mars, just to name a few.

Enco

DayZ did that for me.

No more early access. I can wait a bit longer if it means I get a game that works.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

There are Kickstarter exclusive in-game items. It might be related to that.

Alternatively, you can tweet Swen and see what he says.

JaseC

There are Kickstarter exclusive in-game items. It might be related to that.

Alternatively, you can tweet Swen and see what he says.

There's been an update:

I just checked the registry and there's been movement. A bunch of currently-private apps were recently added to the sub, but they were also added to the Duo Pack (the gift copy sub misses out, though, however I assume this will be fixed) as well as their own sub, the latter of which can only be an upgrade sub. To err on the side of caution I might split the Duo Pack with someone if/when the apps are added to the gift sub.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Psi-Ops, The Suffering, and Area 51 were all made available as free downloads from FilePlanet. As FilePlanet is no longer hosting files, they're available for download for free from places that are Not FilePlanet.

The first hits on google for 'Psi Ops free' and the like seem to be legimate-ish and probably virus/malware free.

The Suffering and Psi-Ops are both still worth playing, if you can embrace PS2 era graphics. I don't think I ever tried Area 51. The Suffering was actually pretty unique in making an interesting, somewhat scary game while still making you an empowered killing machine. It's rather hilarious how many horror setting cliches they managed to cram into one little island as well.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone would bother to put them on Steam and if anyone would buy them since they've basically been abandonware for more than five years now.

Volimar

Picked up Metro 2033 again. I never know if I can actually sneak through a location or not. At any rate, I always get spotted. IT has a lot of flaws, but it's still enjoyable.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone would bother to put them on Steam and if anyone would buy them since they've basically been abandonware for more than five years now.

People buy anything if it's on a STEAM sale. And really, if for nothing else than preservation it would be nice to get them up there.

Dr Dogg

So Killer is Dead is a bad PC port?

Bit too early to tell and definitely too early for me to have a concrete opinion but it's serviceable. I've had a few odd things crop up but I'm running settings that aren't supported (watching QTE gauges and text tickers as well as the menu cursor run at 4 times the speed due to playing at 120fps is something I can live with). It's not bad but it's not going to win any prizes either but some are experiencing some bugs though.

I just made the mistake of browsing the watch doggies OT.

Oh dear, what's happening in there? Last time I posted it was getting a bit silly so I bailed until it gets released.

Not really, the 30 fps is easily fixable and running it at 60 fps doesn't give me any problems so far.

With SGSSAA it's really pretty as well. 0x080100C5 bit works fine so far. Although I'm sure MrBonk and co will find something better.

Some screenshots with 4xSGSSAA.

Ooooohh nice. I'll give them a try in a bit as downsampling has some quirks here and there.

Sulik2

Yay Dark Souls finally on sale again. I passed on it in December and have regretted. Time to finally see what everyone is talking about.

Parsnip

Oh dear, what's happening in there? Last time I posted it was getting a bit silly so I bailed until it gets released.
I went there looking for some ideas on actual PC performance, and found a lot of hyperbole instead. Can't stand it at all.

If it performs at about the same level as AC4, I'm going to be totally okay with that. Looking forward to playing it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Considering trading Watch Dogs (uplay code from gtx purchase) for Killer is Dead (steam)

Does this sound stupid or unreasonable? I'm not very accustomed to trading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom