• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the info from enhanced steam is wrong then. Good to know, I guess I'll try it, thanks!
I'm not getting that from Enhanced Steam at all. Weird.

I checked another known Tages game, Dawn of Discovery, to make sure that ES feature was working - and sure enough, the Tages warning shows up there.

Karu

Havn't been on Steam in ages, so sadly neither in this very thread. But weren't there announcments in summer '13, that they would release Trails in the Sky in December of said year? What happened to that one, I wonder?

zkylon

zkylewd
Was this already posted?

Crytek is developing a MOBA

aof_coop_bg.jpg

looks dumb, i really wonder if any of these companies really think they'll be successful

why would i stop playing the game i spent hundreds of $ on skins to start a new one from scratch

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess it could be possible, but I can't say for sure.

It looks like this is kicking off the alert (from the description):

Wenn die bunt zusammengewürfelte Gruppe Gefangener jemals wieder das Tageslicht erblicken und ihre Freiheit zurückgewinnen will, muss sie ein Team bilden, um sich Level für Level einen Weg durch den Berg zu bahnen.

I might have to see about updating the code to handle stuff like that.

Copons

looks dumb, i really wonder if any of these companies really think they'll be successful

why would i stop playing the game i spent hundreds of $ on skins to start a new one from scratch

If everyone followed this way of thinking, today we wouldn't have, like, Origin.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The promised day is here for only $5.99.

About the Game

Air Control is a new gen airplane simulator. It is the first airplane game, where plane compartment is visible.
It allows you to play several roles in different game modes : stewardess, mechanic, pilot and passenger.

There are 3 modes in the game : "Realistic mode", "Killjoy mode" and "Casual mode".

Realistic mode allows you to play more as a pilot than as a stewardess. This mode contains high quality airplane models with compartment just like in real planes.
Killjoy mode allows you to play as a pilot and as a passenger the same time. You can view flight as a passenger from the compartment while you are controlling the airplane.
Casual mode is a "Just for fun" mode. It is silly, made to entertain you. It contains no story and levels are not connected.

Try the best flight simulation in the history of computer games today!

Why do they think this?

There is an incredibly easy psychological answer to that.

Here's the thinking... Someone looks at the current succsessful MOBAs.

"Wow!" They say... "These things are hot. If we could only get 3% of that market..."

Then they go do some math...

"Wow, 3% of that is $LOTS! We have to try this!"

Runs off to a meeting...

"Look everyone! If we just get 3% of the current MOBA market, it's $LOTS!"

Everyone responds...

"That's great! Of course we can get 3%! It's only 3% after all, and that's not a lot of the percents! Go for it!"

"Great!"

And that's how that works.

bronson

What's the deal with giving Humble so much shit? Beyond "Pay What You Want for The Banner Saga," the worst they've done is have some crappy daily deals. Who cares?

Finally decided to give Deus Ex: HR (the Director's Cut) a shot: not bad, but I'm not really in the mood for a game like it at the moment. Definitely will finish it, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
If everyone followed this way of thinking, today we wouldn't have, like, Origin.
i guess, but unlike origin that can just force itself on people if you want to play titanfall and shit, this is just a dev gambling on a bubble that never was :/

I wonder if people who buy every iteration of COD and actually buy all of the DLC ever think this.
well i don't think that's too goof of a comparison, unlike playing new cod/sport games, mobas are really different from one another. i tried playing doto after playing thousands of hours of league of legends and i can't play it for shit. you gotta relearn like 100 champions and dozens of items not to mention the specific mechanics for each game

so like if i stop playing leeg and went to play dotacry not only i'm losing all the precious money on waifu skins i've spent but i'm also turned into a noob all over again

i guess it'll be free so they're counting on people giving it a "what the hell" shot but really why bother

Why do they think this?

There is an incredibly easy psychological answer to that.

Here's the thinking... Someone looks at the current succsessful MOBAs.

"Wow!" They say... "These things are hot. If we could only get 3% of that market..."

Then they go do some math...

"Wow, 3% of that is $LOTS! We have to try this!"

Runs off to a meeting...

"Look everyone! If we just get 3% of the current MOBA market, it's $LOTS!"

Everyone responds...

"That's great! Of course we can get 3%! It's only 3% after all, and that's not a lot of the percents! Go for it!"

"Great!"

And that's how that works.

yea this is prolly the right answer

but like, it's embarrassing no one ever learns

aku:jiki

Today, I bought a decently large desk, a sweet chair, a massive mousepad and a new keyboard. My mancave is ready for the complete switch to PC gaming!

To make this post more worthwhile: I just got a cheap $10 keyboard to have something to get started with... Any tips for good gaming keyboards? The fewer lights it has, the better.

So bought for Paper Sorcerer. Been eyeing that one for a little while and I have the others. Desktop Dungeons is a blast, if you're into paced out games with a lot of strategy involved. The story is, or rather should be, non-existent.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Today, I bought a decently large desk, a sweet chair, a massive mousepad and a new keyboard. My mancave is ready for the complete switch to PC gaming!

To make this post more worthwhile: I just got a cheap $10 keyboard to have something to get started with... Any tips for good gaming keyboards? The fewer lights it has, the better.

So, the really hardcore people would recommend you get a mechanical keyboard which you can learn more about here, but personally I just use the cheapest USB 104 key (it is CRUCIALLY important that the keyboard not have additional keys for any reason) OEM keyboard I can find that doesn't have too much of a border or too many lights.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
well i don't think that's too goof of a comparison, unlike playing new cod/sport games, mobas are really different from one another. i tried playing doto after playing thousands of hours of league of legends and i can't play it for shit. you gotta relearn like 100 champions and dozens of items not to mention the specific mechanics for each game

so like if i stop playing leeg and went to play dotacry not only i'm losing all the precious money on waifu skins i've spent but i'm also turned into a noob all over again

i guess it'll be free so they're counting on people giving it a "what the hell" shot but really why bother

I was mainly talking about how COD has went with DLC packs for gun skins kind of being the equivalent of waifu skins. It's probably not the best comparison since COD is one franchise, though.

I am pretty sure I got Air Control in a bundle

It's been in Bundle Bandits' Bundle Bizarro and Groupees' Bundle Yourself Killjoy Games bundle. I can't tell if this is a joke or not for getting keys. I kind of hope it's not a joke.

ngt

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tropico 5 Special Steam Edition Pre-Order -- MB-98C242A0DEC9B3F8 - Taken by Miker. 53 entrants total.
Tropico 5 Special Steam Edition Pre-Order #2 -- MB-6E60021863FDF43D - Taken by Diedac. 48 entrants total.

t1400881721z1.png

I hope I've done it right. It's a pre-order version which includes a free dlc (when it's out). It says it's a Steam Special Edition, but for some reason I didn't get the Isla de Vapor DLC when I activated my copy. These are Steam gifts, not keys.

kudoboi

finally got the key for COH2. will try it out tomorrow

I hope I've done it right. It's a pre-order version which includes a free dlc (when it's out). It says it's a Steam Special Edition, but for some reason I didn't get the “Isla de Vapor” DLC when I activated my copy. These are Steam gifts, not keys.

wow. tnks for doing this giveaway

zkylon

zkylewd
I was mainly talking about how COD has went with DLC packs for gun skins kind of being the equivalent of waifu skins.

oh rite, i'm dumb

i'm pretty sure that most people that buy skins for cod that aren't saoirse don't play that many other games, so kudos to them for enjoying what they like even more

then again they're kinda dumb for still liking cod in 2014 but you know :p

r3n4ud

I hope I've done it right. It's a pre-order version which includes a free dlc (when it's out). It says it's a Steam Special Edition, but for some reason I didn't get the “Isla de Vapor” DLC when I activated my copy. These are Steam gifts, not keys.

Very very nice. Just completed the tutorial and I know this game will great fun. Great of you to do this.

Dr Dogg

If you don't want to spend the money on a mechanical keyboard or make the proper choice and seek out a Model M then I recommend a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 as a great general purpose and very capable gaming keyboard. I've been through 3 and keep buying them as they're super comfortable for long sessions and work well for lots of uses (outside of video editing). Don't get any fluid near them though, hence why I'm in my third.

Because it doesn't exist.

Tages is like the Keyser Soze of DRM. At no point does it give you any idea it's installing behind your back if you have an internet connection, using up activations left right and centre, sometimes when you swap hardware. And like that your activations are gone.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Isla de Vapor will become available next month, no need to worry

Oh, and nice giveaway

I have a Logitech K750. It's solar-powered and wireless (because I hate wires on my desk and often move it to the living room for couch games.). It's pretty sleek and dark, which I like. Warning though: if you buy it from Amazon and you live in the US, they sometimes send the international version. It's crazy jarring and took me a week to figure out why.

I've never had noticeable delay issues.

zkylon

zkylewd
i have to advice against gamedev tycoon. it's starts like a cute game at first but later on you realize it is pretty roughly made and you have very little control on how actually good a game is, etc.

kind of reminded me of the movies, another game that sounded awesome in theory but then when you got to make your own movie you could've just as well put a bunch of random scenes and it'd be as good as doing a real one

which reminds me, i hope someone someday makes a the movies 2. that game could've been amazing

JakeD

It's been in Bundle Bandits' Bundle Bizarro and Groupees' Bundle Yourself Killjoy Games bundle. I can't tell if this is a joke or not for getting keys. I kind of hope it's not a joke.

lmao...it's amazing to me how these devs (people who make their living sitting at computers) don't take the 5 minutes to research how to properly distribute steam keys. they literally have customers in their comments explaining to them the right way to do it

Tizoc

Kudos for the giveaway!

Li Kao

How generous of you ! Thank you very much for this giveaway.
Never tried the series, and as I'm going out of an open-world orgy, I could see myself getting it a shot. Does the game have any particular multiplayer mode ? I'm asking because the multi-copy offer on steam seemed odd at first for this type of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom