• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

COH2 activated for me as Company of Heroes 2 - Standalone Multiplayer even though I owned the full game already. So collectors might be interested.
But it's still Company of Heroes 2 in your library. I did the same once with Hard Reset. Accidently activated another copy, didn't say I already owned it. It was still only one entry in my library.

Zafir

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/

People mentioned that site due to the sale, is it okay to buy keys from? Says it's region-restricted...but is that just the site and not the keys?

killer is dead
mafia 2
brave new world for civ 5

If it says it's region restricted, then it's the key.

If it doesn't let you add to basket, then it's the site, and you can use a VPN to add it to your basket, and then turn it off before logging into paypal.

Mikaju

But it's still Company of Heroes 2 in your library. I did the same once with Hard Reset. Accidently activated another copy, didn't say I already owned it. It was still only one entry in my library.

It´s a new entry in my Licenses and subscriptions: Company of Heroes 2 - Standalone Multiplayer, acquisition method: Retail. Too bad I can't remember what the app number was. Not sure if it gave me +1.

When did Valve update the banner for early access?

Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.
Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development. Learn more

Authority

Banned
zGysBBM.png

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigindesura-etc-buyselltrade-thread/page-60?hl=%2Bmetro%3A+%2Blast+%2Blight#entry11783641

What does that mean? He is selling?

Mikaju

Resident evil sale in Poland. http://muve.pl/strasznie-dobra-promocja

Revelations or 6 for about 6€, not sure if vpn if needed. I have used hola there before, worked fine.

They also have rarely discounted Mac Cod DLC:s for about 7€, I´ve been looking for cheapish annihilation-escalation pack for a long time.

http://muve.pl/digital/mac/call-of-duty-black-ops-annihilation-escalation-dlc-mac-digital/51418

http://muve.pl/digital/mac/call-of-duty-black-ops-rezurrection-dlc-mac-digital/51419

Leg-End

Anyone know the cheapest The Walking Dead Season 1 has been? Is there such a resource that could tell me that for future reference?

I want to buy it but I've waited this long so figure I want to get it at the best price even if that means waiting some more. Is it cheaper to trade for it?

Anyone know the cheapest The Walking Dead Season 1 has been? Is there such a resource that could tell me that for future reference?

I want to buy it but I've waited this long so figure I want to get it at the best price even if that means waiting some more. Is it cheaper to trade for it?

It's free on the Amazon app store for Kindle if that's your thing, other than that I've seen it on PC at $6-7 on sale.

topyy

$3.74 on gamesgate plus DLC
about 2 or 3 hours pricing error.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's free on the Amazon app store for Kindle if that's your thing, other than that I've seen it on PC at $6-7 on sale.

FYI, the Amazon Appstore version is just the first episode, you have to pay (in-game) to unlock the rest of them.

Tenrius

Disappointed that Nuuvem removed Brave New World. I was totally jumping on the Civ5 combo there, but I don't want the other games and have no idea what Stronghold is.

I generally agree with one exception; a mute button is really convenient if you get a phonecall or whatever. I don't want a bunch of stupid, like, print or homepage buttons, nor do I want similar buttons customized for WoW or whatever.

Also numpad is glorious for typing numbers, even simple stuff like just doing your monthly budget. I must have it on my keyboards.

You're making such a mistake!

okayfrog

Banned
Enhanced Steam is telling me that the lowest Borderlands 2 GotY Edition has been was $10.58 on Nuuvem, but I could have sworn it was $7.50 at some point. Oh well, still not even sure if I'd pick that up at $7.50 as there would still be at least $10 worth of DLC missing.

Hey, does anyone know how I can check to see whether or not I've got Tropico 5 special or Tropico 5 regular?

Your account page in Steam (_____'s Account button in the top right) will tell you exactly what licenses your Steam account has.

If that doesn't answer it, then check the "View Downloadable Content" area for Tropico 5. Any additional game content, like pre-order bonuses, will show up in this area.

Edit: Oh I didn't realise the different editions weren't named differently in Steam.

ngt's answer above is probably better.

Skyzard

Banned
So Cloudbuilt.

I play the start. Wtf is this?

Get to the first level (after the *level select*). That's way more fucking like it!!

ngt

Your account page in Steam (_____'s Account button in the top right) will tell you exactly what licenses your Steam account has.

If that doesn't answer it, then check the "View Downloadable Content" area for Tropico 5. Any additional game content, like pre-order bonuses, will show up in this area.

There is no additional content yet.

DocSeuss

Awesome, thanks. A friend bought it for me, but said "I THINK it's the special edition."

"View Downloadable content" shows nothing at all, and according to your link:

It is Steam Special Edition. It just listed for you the AppID 284442 which is included only in Special Edition packages, so it is the Special Edition.

The App 284442 doesn't download however, because it's still marked as Unknown. It will as soon as it's published in the database and marked as released.

The Steam store previously said the 2-pack was the SSE, but now it doesn't.

Ruruja

Is JaseC still up? I've uninstalled Don Bradman's Cricket 14 Demo and it still shows in my library and shows up in my account as a 'Complimentary' license. I think he may have missed a free +1.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
A few of today's other releases:

Showtime is now available for $5.59, discounted by 30% until May 30th.

About the Game

"Showtime!" will allow you to control and build your very own movie studio from the ground up! As a newcomer to Tinseltown it will be your job to create movies your audiences want to see as well as develop new technology to stay relevant in the film industry.

• Create the type of movies you've always wanted to make! Or buy film rights from other studios to reboot a franchise.
  • Contract actors/actresses to your studio to use them whenever and whatever you desire!
  • Stay ahead of the curve by upgrading your studio facilities and keeping up to date in the latest film and sound technology.
  • The in-game Editor allows you to easily customise almost every facet of the game - from actors/directors/producers to film titles, studios and even critic reviews (plus much more!)
  • Showtime! will also allow you to import your very own movie posters.
  • Featuring 9 dynamic AI studios to compete against. Compete for the #1 spot to receive annual government bonuses and rewards!
  • Have aspiring screenwriters pitch you movie ideas, or build your own scriptwriting office to do it for you!
  • Compete against the highest grossing movies of all time for the top spot in the Hall of Fame
  • Cheat your way to the top! Think of a famous quote and try your like... Psst; "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" torches your competitors' studio lots! -- And you didnt hear that from me ;)

Frederic: Evil Strikes Back, the sequel to Frederic: Resurrection of Music, is now available $5.59 as well, same discount as Showtime. It comes with cards.

About the Game

Defeat famous opponents in musical duels. Immense yourself in fantastic story of Frederic's endeavors. Catch all the Easter Eggs and subtle parodies hidden in the background. Practice your skills until perfection and become the Master of the Piano.

The world of music is once again threatened. The art of soulful music, the kind that touches your heart, is in grave danger of disappearance. The evil forces that you fought so bravely are back! And they are even more powerful and desperate. Once again you'll need to step into Frederic Chopin's shoes and face opponents that have only one agenda - to enslave the musical world, mass produce soulless artists with their same-sounding radio hits, and reap enormous profits, hindering any creativity in the process.

Salsa

Frederic: Evil Strikes Back, the sequel to Frederic: Resurrection of Music, is now available $5.59 as well, same discount as Showtime. It comes with cards.

this looks rad as shit, what the hell

edit: oh wait the music in the trailer is a lot less kickass than I thought it'd be

Evrain

Quick question: I scored a key, but apparently the game not only (understandably) locks you out of campaign mode, but also locks you out of the CoH 2 store page, meaning you can't obtain the full game. How's that? Different sub?
Should I activate it, hoping it might in the future go the Might & Magic route (unlocking the full game) or should I just wait it out?

Actually, I'm more interested in how they can provide a "locked" build of the game whilst having it appear as the full game in a user's library.

Lunaniem

Quick question: I scored a key, but apparently the game not only (understandably) locks you out of campaign mode, but also locks you out of the CoH 2 store page, meaning you can't obtain the full game. How's that? Different sub?
Should I activate it, hoping it might in the future go the Might & Magic route (unlocking the full game) or should I just wait it out?

Actually, I'm more interested in how they can provide a "locked" build of the game whilst having it appear as the full game in a user's library.

They seem to both use the same base app but have DLC for the differences, making the store think that you already own the full game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Played like 2 seconds of killer is dead before leaving for work and the game is really stunning. I'm bummed gedosota just makes it crash though. 4k bicubic looks a lot better than 3200x1800 bilinear or whatever nvidia custom resolutions use.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Yeah, I also have the same question. Got the MP Beta key but I plan to pick up a retail copy soon and from the looks of it, it won't let me activate it. Only thing I can do is contact Steam support and ask them to remove the license from my account

Diedac

I hope I've done it right. It's a pre-order version which includes a free dlc (when it's out). It says it's a Steam Special Edition, but for some reason I didn't get the Isla de Vapor DLC when I activated my copy. These are Steam gifts, not keys.

Thanks, I can´t believe my luck :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It was basically a mixture between The Stick of Truth and Kingdom Hearts.

It was an RPG with graphics just like the series. You played as Morty but Rick was a permanent party member. The game would basically involve your house (or even town, school etc) as a HUB and you taking different missions that transported you to different universes, gummi ship segments and all in Rick's ship (not clear if gummy segments were just a nightmare-ish part of the dream or if I really think it's a good idea). In each different "world" you'd get a new temporary party member relevant to that dimension/world, some of which you kept for later missions.

I dont remember if it was made by Obsidian, but surely it was, and Roiland and Harmon were fully involved in writing it and voicing it.

Weirdly enough, I distinctly remember a segment of the dream that was more akin to The Real Animated Adventures of Doc and Mharti, were you as Morty would have to button mash in order to lick Rick's balls so you could travel back in time. I think this was because I rationalized that they could get away with this on a game, not so much on a Cartoon Network show.

I'd buy it if it was ever made.

Tenrius

Played Clive Barker's Jericho for a while. Didn't really like the game. The shooting is mediocre, the enemies are boring bullet sponges, there are stupid QTEs that happen way too often, everything is brown-gray and the script is all kinds of dumb. (there is a dramatic event early on that makes no sense whatsoever).

It's not that the game is bad to the point of being unplayable, it's just really dull.

The dialogue is bad, too:

(she says it really, really fast)

In the end, I decided against finishing it. It would do if I had nothing to play, but I have literally hundreds of much better games and little time.

Kiru

Did they add achievements back to the store pages ? I see it 2 times now in Chrome. One default and the other from ES it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom