• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Take this with a grain of salt, but after I installed Riddick onto my laptop the computer went to shit quite quickly.

I was having everything from registry errors and software issues to hardware errors.

Tages is a piece of shit.

Were you able to recover from it?

I already own Riddick on Steam and don't want to re-buy it just to play it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lmao...not sure if ppl are dumb or suicidal.
They don't have much of a choice now, it was free rein for a while but mods asked that everyone who posted PC pics show proof that they have a legally acquired version of the game. People who posted pirated version-screenshots in that thread can either be banned in silence or go out with a bang.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Just crack the Steam version, then. The TAGES drivers are tied to the executable of the game; they're not installed as part of the Steam game installation process.

Grief.exe

I planned a reformat for shortly after I had played the game anyways. Interestingly enough, along with all the issues I described previously, I was never able to install Windows 7 again after the format.

No matter what I did to troubleshoot the issue, would always hang during the last part of installation. Through my hands up and installed Windows 8 using the key I have for my desktop.

Tough to pin any of this directly on Tages, but that is my anecdotal evidence.

Just crack the Steam version, then. The TAGES drivers are tied to the executable of the game; they're not installed as part of the Steam game installation process.

This seems like a good middle ground solution.

Sajjaja

Hey Jase
The next AC is Aiden hacking into a Animus.
yc6Mdnf.jpg

KoHBVVW.jpg

Milamber

Shyamalamamalan should make an Unbreakable 2.

EDIT: Huh, is it against GAF rules to post/recommend/link a crack for an old game to bypass dead DRM? Because other than Riddick, any other games that are recommended that still have their archaic DRM still on Steam?

Caerith

Hey now, that's offensive. A dog could write better twists than Shyamalan. :p
Fact.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do.

Shyamalamamalan should make an Unbreakable 2.

EDIT: Huh, is it against GAF rules to post/recommend/link a crack for an old game to bypass dead DRM? Because other than Riddick, any other games that are recommended that still have their archaic DRM still on Steam?

It isn't piracy in this case, so it shouldn't be against the TOS, but linking to a crack could promote piracy, so it might be against the TOS. That said, I don't know the first thing about cracking, and I expect this question to come up as soon as GFWL dies and lots of games become unplayable abandonware.

Tellaerin

I'm still wondering if the Steam version of Street Racing Syndicate is afflicted with TAGES. :p (I belatedly discovered that the retail version has TAGES, so it's still sitting in my Steam library waiting for me to install it. Nobody seems to know one way or the other, and I'm reluctant to experiment. -_- )

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just updated Enhanced Steam for Firefox to version 6.2. This update is immediately available from firefox.enhancedsteam.com, or will update automatically if you have version 6.0.1 or higher installed. Changes in this version include:

• Rewrote custom profile background selection dialog
  • Added a link to a game's AStats page in the achievement section on app pages
  • Added support for Humble Widgets in price comparisons
  • Fixed a bug where Legend of Grimrock store page could inadvertently show incorrect DRM warnings
  • Fixed a bug with account total not being correct for Russian currencies
  • Removed market data on inventory items, as this feature was implemented by Valve
  • Removed achievement section on app pages, as this was re-implemented by Valve
As always, let me know if you run into any issues.

mrgone

playing some dead state beta, game's clunky as hell but man the potential's through the roof and i'm liking it a lot already

i hope they really polish up all the interface quirks, the combat may not be anything particularly exciting but the overall context in which it happens (dam x npc got bit so now i gotta get antibiotics for him everyday) + shelter management is a terrific combination already

Have they started handing out the Kickstarter keys yet? I'm always paranoid that I'm going to miss one after an email switch while a bunch of old backed projects are still in the air

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
But I saw him dodging attacks at the very last second, with skills that surpass mine, and killing enemies that I never could (those black knights, for example). That's something that I don't know how to learn.

This is what I told him too. Whenever I died at a boss I had to respawn at the nearest bonfire and kill the mobs again, at which point I was already damaged and couldn't fight the boss with full life and all the estus flasks. I don't have the patience nor skills needed to advance in this game.

You used to think that you could not go on
And the game was nothing but an awful song
But now you know the meaning of true souls
You're leaning on the everlasting arms

If you can see it, then you can do it
If you just believe it, there's nothing to it

I believe I wont die
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open (grey) door
I believe I wont die
I believe I wont die
I believe I wont die

#believe

Koeta

Anyone else here have issues with Xpadder? I picked it up so I could play games that don't support 360 controller, but it's not picking up my 360 controller >.>?

I have no issues playing games that support it, it's a wired official 360 controller I been using for months.

Tried rebooting, changing the port it's plugged in and checking if it's in the device manager (which it is) and nothing makes it show up for xpadder for me.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I will say this for Ascend: Hand of Kul, it is exactly what I imagined a MMO action RPG take on Demon's Souls/Dark Souls would be that still keeps that single player focus experience in tact.

Just a shame that it was just no fun and suffers from much the same Kingdoms of Amalur and DC Universe Online did and I just can't seem to will myself to play for very long.

aku:jiki

I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to Air Control. That shit looks genius. I will happily take your spare bundle copies.

Mods descended, asking for the receipts, bans incoming.
Why are there bans for playing a pirated copy? Is GAF the police?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Shows up as the SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics, an emulator. You then can access the various Mega Drive titles through it.

Arthea

I see some of you guys got infected by my paranoia. For some time, I think it started somewhere around PS3 release or maybe a little earlier, it began to feel that western media is in some sort of crusade against Japanese games. I'm too lazy to look for examples, but I remember some reviews from seemingly respectable sites, where reviewer not only had no knowledge of genre and mechanics of games reviewed, but outright hated them from the start.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's impossible to hate a game from the start, it is totally possible, but if you aren't in this particular type of games, why would you write reviews about them? It's like me starting to write articles about platformers, it would make no sense whatsoever. Not only I would have to force myself to play most of them, I don't see how my opinion mattered to anyone liking them.

About Japanese games being for teenagers. I probably am alone in this, but it never bothered me at the slightest: I like their insane premises and stories, mechanics, complexity of systems and abundance of things that seemingly can interest only obsessed (><)
Western games usually feels much more somber and streamlined to me and that's not a good thing in my eyes. Not talking about indies there, indie devs produce enough of insanity inspite of where they live!

Vuze

lol, I just wanted to boot up Trials Fusion (uPlay) after a few weeks and the game is now missing from my library. Re-entering the key said it was banned. Very kind to remove review copies from user accounts Ubisoft...

kudoboi

Why are there bans for playing a pirated copy? Is GAF the police?

Because it is against the rules. Bolded the part that is relevant

D. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy in the context of the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software, and livestreams of pirated software play are all strictly prohibited.

zkylon

zkylewd
Have they started handing out the Kickstarter keys yet? I'm always paranoid that I'm going to miss one after an email switch while a bunch of old backed projects are still in the air
well i got my beta key a while back but since they updated the game a couple weeks ago i figured i'd see what's changed

they tutorialized the game a lot better and improved the interface a good amount. there's also a rough character creator too.

just email them if you haven't gotten your beta key, i dunno what tiers got the beta key tbh but it must be pretty low since the only game i've gone over a hundred bucks was pe

I have no idea what an argie is XD
an argie is one which hails from beautiful argieland why ofc

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I just bought Dark Souls, again...
Thanks Amazon.

Now bring on that Steamworks patch, pretty please FROM?

mrgone

well i got my beta key a while back but since they updated the game a couple weeks ago i figured i'd see what's changed

they tutorialized the game a lot better and improved the interface a good amount. there's also a rough character creator too.

just email them if you haven't gotten your beta key, i dunno what tiers got the beta key tbh but it must be pretty low since the only game i've gone over a hundred bucks was pe

an argie is one which hails from beautiful argieland why ofc

Oh god damnit. I went back through my archived emails looking for contact info and it turns out that I'd already received the early access code, added it to Steam, and somewhere along the line forgot about that and got it mixed up with Wasteland 2 or something else that's only available to higher tiers right now. Too many games! Thanks very much for the reminder :)

JaseC

I just updated Enhanced Steam for Firefox to version 6.2. This update is immediately available from firefox.enhancedsteam.com, or will update automatically if you have version 6.0.1 or higher installed. Changes in this version include:

• Rewrote custom profile background selection dialog
  • Added a link to a game's AStats page in the achievement section on app pages
  • Added support for Humble Widgets in price comparisons
  • Fixed a bug where Legend of Grimrock store page could inadvertently show incorrect DRM warnings
  • Fixed a bug with account total not being correct for Russian currencies
  • Removed market data on inventory items, as this feature was implemented by Valve
  • Removed achievement section on app pages, as this was re-implemented by Valve
As always, let me know if you run into any issues.

Any ETA on hiding owned items from search results?

Arthea

Transistor screenshots look great, Killer's too. Activity feed is danger zone now!

So, it's safe to assume that Transistor is great? So far reception is overly positive.

JaseC

Blade Kitten dropped a foil for me. I didn't even realise it had cards (I was idling to unlock the "Play for the first time" reward then wandered off). Thank you, Blade Kitten.

Transistor screenshots look great, Killer's too. Activity feed is danger zone now!

So, it's safe to assume that Transistor is great? So far reception is overly positive.

It's all a concerted ruse to get you to increase you game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom