• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too much, the Humble Daily Bundle was less than stellar, there's a sale going on at Amazon, the Watch dogs performance thread had some great account suicide posts.

Yeah, I managed to look at the humble daily bundles when I was gone and didn't think much of any of them really... The guncraft one made me think about it for a minute but then it wasn't really worth the hassle i'd need to go through to buy it at the time.

I did manage, after quite the fiasco, to get in on the $20 LoS2 + $4 DLC at amazon on Sunday... what other good deals are still going at Amazon? Any standouts?

Ah, I didn't know they'd do that, neat.

Without even needing to send an email?
I saw the bit about the email when I was leaving Saturday morning but didn't see a response when I checked my email tonight.

denx

I got the Sega Classics collection from Amazon but found out I already have this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for denx:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SEGA Genesis Classics Series 4 -- MB-74213C707803D212 - Taken by ricochetguro. 21 entrants total.

t1401159042z1.png

Here are the games in this pack btw.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thread got super exciting out of nowhere.

It really was one of those threads that you know is a train wreck but you can't look away from it. Definitely lived up to the performance part of the title.

Yeah, I managed to look at the humble daily bundles when I was gone and didn't think much of any of them really... The guncraft one made me think about it for a minute but then it wasn't really worth the hassle i'd need to go through to buy it at the time.

I did manage, after quite the fiasco, to get in on the $20 LoS2 + $4 DLC at amazon on Sunday... what other good deals are still going at Amazon? Any standouts?

The Sega 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack is $4.96 and a great value if you don't have any of the games. Injustice Ultimate Edition is $7.50. Other than that, it's mainly the usual sales.

I just saw that, and im mad about it. I want to give away keys i already have...

You still can, though. Well, not keys directly, but you can copy the gift link address and put that in a give away. It's the same method as giving away Humble Bundle games.

Gvaz

Banned
"IMPORTANT NOTE: NEW STEAM KEYS ACTIVATION SYSTEM

To redeem games on Steam, you must first link your Indiegala profile with your Steam account."

Welp, looks like these guys took a lesson from Humble Bundle. Next step: .jpg bundles!

I just saw that, and im mad about it. I want to give away keys i already have...

You still have the gift option right?

I like that system, because copy pasting steam keys is annoying. As long as keys don't get suddenly combined into one "bundle" it is fine by me.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
They weren't going to, but people bitched at them until they changed their minds.
Interesting, I'm reading things in the community threads and it's mind-blowing... they were giving them shit for saying a year ago that the DC would be free for vanilla owners. Man, entitled gamers sure are a fun bunch.

Not too much, the Humble Daily Bundle was less than stellar, there's a sale going on at Amazon, the Watch dogs performance thread had some great account suicide posts.
That Watch_Doges thread was amazing.

Without even needing to send an email?
I saw the bit about the email when I was leaving Saturday morning but didn't see a response when I checked my email tonight.
Yeah, it just appeared on my library out of nowhere, which is why I asked on the first place.

Tower of Guns - unlock Yes, Bombots Self-Destructing Counts... - £0.25
Tower of Guns - unlock And You Thought Magnetized Loot Was A Good Thing... - £0.50

Damn these are hard.

Bombots only because when the boss explodes enemies die....

Tizoc

Here's something that's been on my mind lately regarding SEGA and it releasing various of its past gen titles on PC.

First off, PC gets better sales outside Japan than in Japan itself (feel free to correct me on this), as Durante once told me, with PC games, they pay off in the long run and thus can be profitable not matter when it goes on sale as they cover the porting cost in due time.

I wonder; is the reason SEGA hasn't done so yet is because SEGA of Japan doesn't want to have its Western side overtake it in terms of sales and appear more successful than it like what happened during the 90s?

Tower of Guns - unlock Yes, Bombots Self-Destructing Counts... - £0.25
Tower of Guns - unlock And You Thought Magnetized Loot Was A Good Thing... - £0.50

Damn these are hard.

Bombots only because when the boss explodes enemies die....

On the fifth and tenth runs you get a pitty bonus level. You can walk straight to the exit on those and get the no loot achievement pretty easy.

Evrain

How is Sine Mora compared to Jamestown? (I really like Jamestown)
Jamestown has been designed to play and feel like a 1998 japanese shmup from the ground up (Final Form Games accurately tuned the game according to feedback from one of the largest western shmup communities left this side of Hokkaido), albeit with remarkedly western humor and its hand drawn sprites. Sine Mora is centered upon survival, whereas you have to memorize the level layout and determine the optimal setup for your ship/usage of resources, Jamestown upon scoring and balancing risk with benefits, what with the absence of power ups and unlimited secondary ammunition. In the former you are expected to clear the game and unlock achievements as you go while unraveling the plot, in the latter you are expected to score as high as you can on a single credit, plot will be taken care of in the manual and ending.

Sine Mora is a well crafted homage to danmakus built with the themes of euroshmups (limited secondary weapons, more than three P-up levels, scoring based on mere enemy kills, large hitbox, etc), a game you have to pick up and clear, where mastery is obtained by beating the game at the highest difficulty regardless of continues.
Jamestown is an equally well crafted bona fide danmaku, the closest imitation of Gunbird a western software house can release, easy to pick up and play but where mastery is obtained by being there, at the top spot of the leaderboards.

Pick according to your tastes, but if you liked Jamestown chances are you will find Sine Mora palatable.

denx

Jamestown has been designed to play and feel like a 1998 japanese shmup from the ground up (Final Form Games accurately tuned the game according to feedback from one of the largest western shmup communities left this side of Hokkaido), albeit with remarkedly western humor and its hand drawn sprites. Sine Mora is centered upon survival, whereas you have to memorize the level layout and determine the optimal setup for your ship/usage of resources, Jamestown upon scoring and balancing risk with benefits, what with the absence of power ups and unlimited secondary ammunition. In the former you are expected to clear the game and unlock achievements as you go while unraveling the plot, in the latter you are expected to score as high as you can on a single credit, plot will be taken care of in the manual and ending.

Sine Mora is a well crafted homage to danmakus built with the themes of euroshmups (limited secondary weapons, more than three P-up levels, scoring based on mere enemy kills, large hitbox, etc), a game you have to pick up and clear, where mastery is obtained by beating the game at the highest difficulty regardless of continues.
Jamestown is an equally well crafted bona fide danmaku, the closest imitation of Gunbird a western software house can release, easy to pick up and play but where mastery is obtained by being there, at the top spot of the leaderboards.

Pick according to your tastes, but if you liked Jamestown chances are you will find Sine Mora palatable.

Thanks for your thoughtful response, you convinced me to pick up Sine Mora. ;)

denx

Make sure to pick up Ikaruga and Crimzon Clover (in a week and a half) for shmups that are actually good, not just good for Steam!

Now I feel bad for totally forgetting that Ikaruga is on Steam, dammit!

How do you know those games will be on sale in 10 days?

Interesting, I'm reading things in the community threads and it's mind-blowing... they were giving them shit for saying a year ago that the DC would be free for vanilla owners. Man, entitled gamers sure are a fun bunch.

That Watch_Doges thread was amazing.

Yeah, it just appeared on my library out of nowhere, which is why I asked on the first place.

Nice... I just checked and I have it too. Wonderful!

Tizoc

Now I feel bad for totally forgetting that Ikaruga is on Steam, dammit!

How do you know those games will be on sale in 10 days?

Summer Sale is possible to occur within the next 2 weeks.
However, if you get it now, the little extra you would be paying, as apposed to being on sale, would be beneficial to Ikaruga IMO since it didn't have rank in the Top Steam Sellers.

Evrain

Make sure to pick up Ikaruga and Crimzon Clover (in a week and a half) for shmups that are actually good, not just good for Steam!
Ikaruga and Crimzon Clover are purebreed danmakus, not picking them up would be outright criminal. Besides, the former is a masterpiece and a work of art.

I'd also suggest keeping a very close eye on The Tale of ALLTYNEX trilogy, an absolutely excellent series of shooters from Siterskain: just like Treasure, the series merges an intricately elaborate plot spanning all three titles with an extremely intense, fast paced and chaotic bullet hell gameplay.

Thanks for your thoughtful response, you convinced me to pick up Sine Mora. ;)
You're welcome, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :) The plot is unique at best, and they even did a remarkable job at explaining in-universe why there's a Ura loop.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Guyz, guyz srsly. Srlsy guyz.
To the lucky bastards that could afford Watchdogs, I want feedback ASAP ! I'm this close to pulling the trigger, the dark lure of bar filling...
But I also know that if my will isn't strong enough I've got a guaranteed phone call from the pretty hot lady from the bank. Who unfortunately is working under the direction of a man not hot at all and who wouldn't understand the intricacies of the finer arts (of bar filling).

I think I can hear my 560ti sighing with relief. Bitch. I will free myself from your clutches. One day.

Buy the game. Then when you get the call from the Bank representative, you can use it as a chance to sheepishly ask her out.

Mozendo

Borderlands 2 for 6.80. Good?

Just finished Borderlands 2 today.
In my opinion it's average-ish. For me it dipped below average quite a few times, some parts were nice. I couldn't play the game for more than an hour due to how repetitive it feels.

Late game felt rushed and it was pretty awkward, but the game can be an enjoyable experience.

You can also wait and see if it goes for $5 on the summer sale or possibly get the GOTY at the time too.

derExperte

Volt is now mine, thx!

Though I'm now wondering why I didn't just buy the bundle, Circuits and T.E.C. 3001 seem to be good too. So maybe a Volt giveaway from me coming up tomorrow... ;)

And here it is:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Volt -- MB-9211CBDCB63045F1 - Taken by pupo. 2 entrants total.

t1401154863z1.png

SeZMehK

ModBot said:
Instructions for SeZMehK:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Circuits -- MB-3E42EF535653134E - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Volt -- MB-3B6DF4E37ADAA5EF - Taken by Kuroyume
TEC 3001 -- MB-1E936026EE9E1080 - Taken by dot
Day One Garry's Incident -- MB-5BC7001796601659 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

I believe this should work. My first giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom