• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
dead state thing of killing if you if you're out of the shelter past midnight combined with only one save is kind of awful

i just lost all my progress for going to explore a store and then turning it into midnight on the way back. since time only moves forward while traveling i effectively was dead from the moment i exited the shelter, so basically all that exploring was just me wasting time

i hope that doesn't make it into the final game

I just wrote a recommendation blurb for Divinity: Original Sin for the June thread. The media is already criminally overlooking this game, we don't need to join them in that :p

i dismissed divinity original sin on accounts of its potentially sassy sexy female character which seemed to point towards annoying me to no end but that might've not been fair :p

Durante

i dismissed divinity original sin on accounts of its potentially sassy sexy female character which seemed to point towards annoying me to no end but that might've not been fair :p
That's just silly, since it's up to you to decide how sassy (or not) the female main character is. Or if there even is one :p

Authority

Banned
ibb & obb
ss_61465a341b7798caf9f8885cbb90a7145a40d249.600x338.jpg

Ibb and Obb, the gravity-bending puzzle platformer from independent Dutch developers Codeglue and Sparpweed, arrived on Steam for Windows PC today.

Four versions of the game are available at a 20 percent discount until Monday, June 2. Ibb and Obb is on sale for $9.59 (regularly $11.99), while the Best Friends Forever Double Pack is available for $11.19 ($13.99). Two versions bundle the game's soundtrack: the Deluxe Edition for $12.79 ($15.99) and the Luxurious Friends Forever Double Pack for $15.19 ($18.99). Composer Kettel's soundtrack, which is also on Bandcamp, is available as downloadable content through Steam for $5.99.

The abstract puzzle game, which is designed for two player co-op, was first released on PlayStation 3 in 2013. Developer Richard Boeser is also part of the Super Game Jam documentary that chronicles the creation of five games in 48 hours. Press play below to see Ibb and Obb's horizontally split gravity in action.

Original Source - http://store.steampowered.com/app/95400/

zkylon

zkylewd
Not to mention, the big boss fight was laughably easy. What a letdown. Also
What the hell?!?! Spend the whole game trying to find Megan and end up talking to her maybe 2 minutes at most...
yup, it's very weak

sad, really

That's just silly, since it's up to you to decide how sassy (or not) the female main character is. Or if there even is one :p
i still don't fully understand how that two main characters thing work

The_Monk

For those that care, Episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us is going to be released on May 27.

Do not watch the Trailer if you haven't played the other Episodes. I hope Pig is back! It's about time.

Authority

Banned
This is amazing.

Dark and violent: 'SXPD' is a comic book you can play
Screen_02.png

Trailer

SXPD is a violent, post-apocalyptic comic book that includes many of the conveniences digital readers have become accustomed to. Not only does the art really pop on an iPad's Retina display, but you can smoothly swipe from one scene to the next, while music and sound effects accompany the static on-screen action. But at certain points, the tale about a futuristic, all-female police force shifts from being something you read to something you play. SXPD is an almost seamless blend of comic book and video game, and thanks to director David Perry — best known as creator of the Earthworm Jim series — it's an excellent one.

Read more - http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/22/5741408/sxpd-is-a-comic-book-you-can-play

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header_292x136.jpg

Damned Mary Update is now Live.

Teaser Trailer for Mary Monster.

The update has caused the game to enter from Alpha into Beta. Here are the update notes:

Update Beta Version 1.0a

Gameplay
- New monster: Mary.
- New Insanity System.
- Add more 120 seconds on the battery duration.
- Add more batteries in some stages.
- Raised attack detection sensitivity.
- Phantom trap activation raised from 60 to 240 seconds.
- Feedback for low battery appears more easily.
- Added screen effect when looking directly to the monster.

Mary
- Added system to draw energy from survivors when going near them.
- Added system to consume battery from the survivors’ flashlights when drawing energy from them.
- Added frenzied mode (starts running really fast and can kill survivors).
- Added teleport, consuming some amount of energy for each teleport.
- Added auto teleport, after some time she’ll teleport without consuming energy.
- When teleporting near a survivor, appears facing him.
- Arms scare traps near the monster when teleporting (meaning if a trap went off, she must be nearby).

Insanity System
- Added cause: when in the dark (flashlight off).
- Added cause: when trying to open a locked door.
- Added cause: when someone dies.
- Added cause: when seeing the monster.
- Added cause: when alone.
- Added cause: when triggering a scare trap.
- Added event causing screen to go dark.
- Added event causing flashlight to flicker for a while.
- Added event causing screen to go black and white.
- Added event causing deafness for a while (hears a faint beep).
- Added event causing character to start gasping for breath.
- Added event causing character to hear a fake trap going off.
- Added event causing screen to flash with a negative image of a possessed version of the survivors.
- Added event causing a random keyboard button to stop working for a while (W, A, S, D, etc).
- Added event causing multiple arms to raise from the ground and start trying to catch the character (reduces character speed).

Character
- Fixed some Father John animations.

Performance
- Lots of changes to reduce CPU usage when running the game (performance gain).

Bugs
- Fixed bug causing flipped normals (render).
- Fixed bug with animations when playing backwards.
- Fixed bug causing survivors to randomly win a match right at the start.
- Fixed bug causing battery locations to desync.
- Fixed bug causing inventory to linger when dying in life mode.
- Fixed bug causing crouch animations to flicker.
- Fixed bug causing crashes in spectator cam.
- Several minor bugfixes.

Nzyme32

For those that care, Episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us is going to be released on May 27.

Do not watch the Trailer if you haven't played the other Episodes. I hope Pig is back! It's about time.

Very excited, and a bit surprised it is so soon after the 3rd episode of the walking dead. This gives me the impression that there will be a bit of an extended wait for the final episode, and following the 4th of the walking dead, probably the same extended wait for that too. I expect they will tease the final episode a fair bit more and try to boost sales of a "complete edition" of the series.

I don't blame them, but I know when the time comes I'll just be annoyed since I want to play the conclusion haha

Nzyme32

I bought the original divinity and I think I got the directors cut of the second. What I don't understand is why that directors cut is rated much more poorly than the normal edition (assuming I was looking at the right game). Is there any reasoning to this, and should I be looking into getting a different edition?

Durante

I bought the original divinity and I think I got the directors cut of the second. What I don't understand is why that directors cut is rated much more poorly than the normal edition (assuming I was looking at the right game). Is there any reasoning to this, and should I be looking into getting a different edition?
If you say "the second" you mean Divinity II right? (Because there's also Beyond Divinity, which is technically the second one)
If so, the Director's Cut is the best version of the game, no need to worry.

Nzyme32

Just finished Deus Ex: HR.

Wow that game just crapped out at the end.

Yep, a real shame too. Have you gone through the original? It's interesting to compare the two games in that regard but as a whole, the original was pretty amazing for what it accomplished to this day. I remember about 2 years ago, I replayed the first for the 20th time or so and found yet another story arc. Always blows my mind how that game did that sort of thing so well but didn't make it absurdly obvious

Yep, I hope we'll see the whole series one day but I doubt it. This is the last CC with the original engine until they move to a new one, which has been promised for ages. Close Combat is one of the best tactical wargames series ever released and the mods were awesome. The upcoming Ultimate General civil war game reminds me of Close Combat.

I'm expecting a typical Slitherine high price tag around $40. I'll wait for a sale or see what the regional prices are.

Yep, I hope we'll see the whole series one day but I doubt it. This is the last CC with the original engine until they move to a new one, which has been promised for ages. Close Combat is one of the best tactical wargames series ever released and the mods were awesome. The upcoming Ultimate General civil war game reminds me of Close Combat.

I'm expecting a typical Slitherine high price tag around $40. I'll wait for a sale or see what the regional prices are.
huh, I was just reading a book that mentions CC, weird coincidence. What makes this different from other wargames?

Li Kao

Guyz, guyz srsly. Srlsy guyz.
To the lucky bastards that could afford Watchdogs, I want feedback ASAP ! I'm this close to pulling the trigger, the dark lure of bar filling...
But I also know that if my will isn't strong enough I've got a guaranteed phone call from the pretty hot lady from the bank. Who unfortunately is working under the direction of a man not hot at all and who wouldn't understand the intricacies of the finer arts (of bar filling).

I think I can hear my 560ti sighing with relief. Bitch. I will free myself from your clutches. One day.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aveyond -- MB-2CC56B73F623C283 - Taken by SalsaShark
Postal 1 -- MB-062B3093BFADF520 - Taken by SeZMehK

Pachimari

I just got a second monitor in, but how do I play games on a dual screen setup?

I heard Age of Empires II: HD Edition supported this but I can't find it in the game's options menu?

Authority

Banned
Ex-Skyrim dev's The Stomping Land looks like a prehistoric DayZ with dinosaurs
photo-main.jpg

A three-person team lead by ex-Skyrim animator Alex Fundora is working on a multiplayer survival game about hunting dinosaurs entitled The Stomping Land. Midway through its Kickstarter campaign, The Stomping Land has already nearly tripled its modest $20K goal. How did three guys with placeholder graphics obtain so much funding? The answer: ideas.

The Stomping Land is ambitious. The dinosaur hunting concept may recall Monster Hunter, but this is a harsher, more competitive multiplayer world along the lines of DayZ. You see, food is difficult to obtain. Hunting smaller dinos isn't that difficult, but with gargantuan predators roaming the countryside, they're sure to smell fresh blood and come a-runnin'. To ward them off you'll have to either set traps, create distractions, or slaughter enough herbivores that you can reclaim your meat while a T-Rex is busy munching on its mum.

Or, you could always raid the encampments of other tribes. This gives the game a persistent multiplayer angle. Acquiring more meat also makes it so fewer dinosaurs will appear nearby, encouraging other players to steal from the richest tribes. The ultimate goal is to become the dominant tribe in land of stomping.

Read more - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-23-ex-skyrim-devs-the-stomping-land-looks-like-a-prehistoric-dayz-with-dinosaurs-is-an-ambitious-dinosaur-hunting-survival-game
Original Source: The Stomping Land Kickstarter

The Stomping Land │ Coop Multiplayer First Impressions │ Part 1 │ "Nano Knights"
The Stomping Land │ Coop Multiplayer First Impressions │ Part 2 │ "The Tribe"
The Stomping Land │ Coop Multiplayer First Impressions │ Part 3 │ "Stampede"
The Stomping Land │ Coop Multiplayer First Impressions │ Part 4 │ "Cave Men"

denx

Thanks guys. I suppose those are all the games on the Sega Classics Emulator? I already have a couple of them but getting them all for that price is a steal.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys. I suppose those are all the games on the Sega Classics Emulator? I already have a couple of them but getting them all for that price is a steal.

Yeah, all of them are accessed through the Genesis and Mega Drive Classics emulator in your Steam library. It's a great deal for the amount of games, even if most can be finished in under an hour. The only one it's missing is the fifth pack, which is kind of a bummer since the fifth one includes the Phantasy Star games.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Bought the Sega Genesis pack and now my game count according to Steam Community is 666... fitting.
According to the Steam client is actually 665 though

On a different matter entirely, I apparently own Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut but I don't think I ever bought it.

SeZMehK

Bought the Sega Genesis pack and now my game count according to Steam Community is 666... fitting.
According to the Steam client is actually 665 though

On a different matter entirely, I apparently own Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut but I don't think I ever bought it.

If you owned the standard version, it was upgraded to the DC version today I believe.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
"IMPORTANT NOTE: NEW STEAM KEYS ACTIVATION SYSTEM

To redeem games on Steam, you must first link your Indiegala profile with your Steam account."

Welp, looks like these guys took a lesson from Humble Bundle. Next step: .jpg bundles!

Pachimari

This is so weird. Now I'm trying Burnout: Paradise and set it up for dual-screen, but it just sets it up for dual-screen on a SINGLE screen, so it looks all weird and stressed out.

I can't even print the screen, as it just turns up all black then.

=/

Tizoc

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aveyond -- MB-2CC56B73F623C283 - Taken by SalsaShark
Postal 1 -- MB-062B3093BFADF520 - Taken by SeZMehK
I think that first game is in my wishlist =V Ah well, next time hopefully.

Evrain

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't get into Sine Mora.
It's a unique blend: the artwork is exquisitely japanese, the slow pace and larger-than-normal hitbox is typical of an euroshmup along with the multi-level upgrade path (and the irritating "you need the correct upgrade/special power to pass this or that bullet spread, which would otherwise be too tightly knit to squeeze your hitbox through), but what makes it shine is the unique time mechanic and how deeply it is entrenched within the plot. All in all, I think not even CAVE and Treasure managed to craft a storyline that details so well the game world, its mechanics and heck, even WHY you have to blow up enemy ships before an arbitrary time limit expires.

It is not for everyone, granted, but it is a VASTLY more worthy euroshmup than, say, Soldner-X.

denx

It's a unique blend: the artwork is exquisitely japanese, the slow pace and larger-than-normal hitbox is typical of an euroshmup along with the multi-level upgrade path (and the irritating "you need the correct upgrade/special power to pass this or that bullet spread, which would otherwise be too tightly knit to squeeze your hitbox through), but what makes it shine is the unique time mechanic and how deeply it is entrenched within the plot. All in all, I think not even CAVE and Treasure managed to craft a storyline that details so well the game world, its mechanics and heck, even WHY you have to blow up enemy ships before an arbitrary time limit expires.

It is not for everyone, granted, but it is a VASTLY more worthy euroshmup than, say, Soldner-X.

How is Sine Mora compared to Jamestown? (I really like Jamestown)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I see dominions 4 is half off for the week. Any good impressions about this? I only know of the series in passing but have always been interested. Is half off even a good deal?

Dear Dominions experts, help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom