• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

Gyahahaha. Singapore store shows the same thing. Looks like they meant pre-orders available from May 27, because I can now buy it.

Fucking Ubisoft trolling us all

looks like the game was always set for release a month later in Asia. This is a very sad day for me. This was one of the games i was looking forward to the most. I will either get a physical release or wait for a sale now

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...se-date-error-for-some-Asia-Regions?p=9983601

Damn, adding 64 bit exes still doesn't seem to work on steam :/ No Watch Dogs screenshots to upload to steam(all the people on my friends list cheer)

Literally just started but the first indoor area looks amazing so hopefully that level of quality continues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'll buy Watch Dogs when there's DLC to play as Root

Grief.exe

Damn, adding 64 bit exes still doesn't seem to work on steam :/ No Watch Dogs screenshots to upload to steam(all the people on my friends list cheer)

Literally just started but the first indoor area looks amazing so hopefully that level of quality continues.

I'm assuming the game being limited to just a Uplay overlay rumor from a few months ago was inaccurate?

Salsa

14277043771_fb620a0b6e_b_d.jpg

I dont wanna live in this fashion future

Interestingly enough, Bahasa Melayu is our national language, because of our past as a part of Malaysia. English is the de facto official language of communication though, and if they classify us as chinese speaking I can see our government being butthurt
Ubi probably doesn't know or care.
looks like the game was always set for release a month later in Asia. This is a very sad day for me. This was one of the games i was looking forward to the most. I will either get a physical release or wait for a sale now

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...se-date-error-for-some-Asia-Regions?p=9983601
It's probably due to InterWise's localization deal with Ubi.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
And monitor, build quality, battery life.
No, no, and no.
There are quite a few laptops with all these and cheaper than MBs, and you can get notably better everything by going up to MBs' prices.

I used GSM when I moved to Win8.1 and it didn't back up my LibHD saves. :( The game was new at the time so I'd guess it just had an incomplete database entry.
Ugh, that sucks :(
But yeah, for new games you generally have to wait a bit for it to be added properly *hint* *hint*

Build quality might be great, but you won't ever be able to open it up.

I'll give you the monitor though. Mine got replaced after I had 3 lines of dead pixels, and it actually looks better than my old one.
Most cheap laptops have garbage monitors, but as you go up in price it doesn't apply as much, especially when you go to the workstation side of things.

mrgone

Hey ladies, these gloves I use with the touch screen on my phone probably cost more than all your breast implants combined. Wassup.

You don't want to know how much this padded shirt cost, though. Or maybe you do.

I'm rich.

I'm assuming the game being limited to just a Uplay overlay rumor from a few months ago was inaccurate?

Not sure, I have the uplay version from an Nvidia code, not steam.

Game looks incredible though, downgrade or not its easily one of the best looking games I've played. Locked the framerate to 30 and have everything at max settings except AA(TXAA 2x instead of 4) and it seems to be holding steady on my 4GB 670.

I have a feeling this game is gonna be critically panned and im gonna love the shit out of it

im sooooo ready to put up with bad stuff in it and forgive it

Have fun with the story : "I'm the saviour" : stops a train at full speed causing 10 people to have broken arms - "I'm a hero" : Hacks signs to irritade people so they get involved in a car crash - "I'm the vigilante" : Does a blackout in the whole city to cause chaos,murder,thefts and rape. - "I'm helping people" : Hacks a satellite(
Because he is so damn egoistic and wants to kill the bad guy
) causing a longer blackout with more chaos etc.

ENDINGSPOILER WATCH_DOGS:
"I will continue doing my shit"-ending and Clara dies (What results in a "Who cares?" sentence)

Did they improved the AI or is it still like shit?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have fun with the story : "I'm the saviour" : stops a train at full speed causing 10 people to have broken arms - "I'm a hero" : Hacks signs to irritade people so they get involved in a car crash - "I'm the vigilante" : Does a blackout in the whole city to cause chaos,murder,thefts and rape. - "I'm helping people" : Hacks a satellite(
Because he is so damn egoistic and wants to kill the bad guy
) causing a longer blackout with more chaos etc.

"I will continue doing my shit"-ending and Clara dies (What results in a "Who cares?" sentence)

Did they improved the AI or is it still like shit?

But salsa was talking about the evil within...?

Edit: beaten by the salsa h
er
imself

Dr Dogg

You guys are talking about FPS boss fights and don't mention Painkiller? What is the world coming to?

Shadow Warrior had a few choice encounters and really mixed up the standard flow of things with the combos and powers you have. Doc made a interesting thread about the subject a week or two back http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820609

Aiden looks kind of like future Marty McFly Jr. And he had some social issues too.

Salsa

is that last spoiler seriously like, a spoiler to the ending of watch_dogs?

not like I care about the game that much but yeah I could have done without reading it. Game's not even out.

Yeah. Even Ubisoft Singapore is clueless
I don't know if InterWise requested the delay, or Ubi made the decisions itself, either way, Ubi is stupid.
No, no, and no.
There are quite a few laptops with all these and cheaper than MBs, and you can get notably better everything by going up to MBs' prices.
4K laptops haven't gone mainstream yet, so MBP's retina screen still holds the crown, the unibody case is awesome, and its battery life is extremely impressive for a non-ultrabook laptop with a potent CPU.

Sajjaja

Waiting for Ubi to send me Wash Doges key for Uplay.

*DING*

What's that.....OUTLOOK NOTIFICATION SOUND???!?!?!

*looks at system tray*

HOLY SHIT IT'S AN EMAIL.

*quickly opens Outlook*

ORDER CONFIRMATION! YESSSSSS!

wait....what's that say? From Origin....

oh........

WELL FUCK YOU TOO. IM GOING TO BED.

EDIT: What the fuck dark_inferno.....

I think I just read a bunch of watch_dogs spoilers that you know for some reason when I was clearly talking about The Evil Within

Oh fuck. Im sorry.
Not sleeping for 14 hours could result in some confusing shit.

Please tell me that's not really that ending. I'm going to be so disappointed if that's really the ending.

Yes it is(the ending of Watchdogs) and im sorry for spoiling.

Salsa

I know it was a mixup but, yeah, just a thought; next time you're gonna spoil the actual ending to a game that hasnt even come out yet don't just put a black spoiler bar in there, put something like: ENDING SPOILER before it or something...

:/

Rhaknar

Is this the first ubi
"triple a"
game to come out at the same time on PC and consoles in a long time? I believe it is

I know it was a mixup but, yeah, just a thought; next time you're gonna spoil the actual ending to a game that hasnt even come out yet don't just put a black spoiler bar in there, put something like: ENDING SPOILER before it or something...

:/

Yeah. Will remember this. But at least i didnt spoiled something good.

Knurek

Hmm, started Sequence 8 of AssRev.
Guess I can be done with the game today, if I don't do anything else after work. OTOH, unlocked the location for the other 50 Animus Fragments, getting them all will take at least an hour if not more...
Not sure if I want to play the game today though, put close to 5 hours into it yesterday and I'm feeling a bit drained.

Dr Dogg

Games are insane these days, stepped in front of a projector and the image actually bent across Aiden's trench coat
ew

Step in front of some headlight of a car though :p

I can't believe someone made a 10 min video nit picking on some the visual flourishes between GTAIV and WD. Actually what am I talking about it's Watch_Dogs I don't know what to believe the lengths people will go to anymore.

im gonna assume all these black bars are game ending spoilers now

Is this the spoiler?

Or is this really how the game ends?

Or maybe this is actually this is it as well.

Why are you still looking at these?

Bambi's mum dies and it turns out that Darth Vader is Bambi's real father!

Just distaste for Aiden's fashion choices.

Step in front of some headlight of a car though :p
I can't believe someone made a 10 min video nit picking on some the visual flourishes between GT IV and WD. Actually what am I talking about it's Watch_Dogs I don't know what to believe the lengths people will go to anymore.

Well, to be fair that's a video comparing the physics work which GTA wins by a large margin. No open world game has ever had the same attention to detail though, wasn't expecting Watch Dogs to change that.

kudoboi

Aww come on. You'd think if they had a studio in a country they would do said country a solid

This is their reason apparently. Welp... time to cancel the pre order then
I asked my colleagues and here is the reason. If you purchased from a digital platform, the only copy that you get is the ENG+TCH version (english/thai/chinese) which is only available in 1 month. It's the same for all asian countries. The ENG only version is the one which comes out today in the retail stores in asia (hard copy of the game).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck. Im sorry.
Not sleeping for 14 hours could result in some confusing shit.

Yes it is(the ending of Watchdogs) and im sorry for spoiling.

I thought I would be disappointed by the ending since I assumed it would be annualized but it's been a while since I've felt this level of disappointment from a game's ending. This pretty much seals that I'm just going to watch a youtube longplay of the game some time and buy it when it inevitably drops in price like all Ubi games. Eh, no big loss.

You really that scared to have the ending from a Ubisoft Game spoiled?

Did you even read my spoiler or not?

I thought I would be disappointed by the ending since I assumed it would be annualized but it's been a while since I've felt this level of disappointment from a game's ending. This pretty much seals that I'm just going to watch a youtube longplay of the game some time and buy it when it inevitably drops in price like all Ubi games. Eh, no big loss.

Yeah i saw the whole stream and cancelled my preorder because NOTHING about the campaign was good. Sidemissions are cool but somehow out of place.

Salsa

You really that scared to have the ending from a Ubisoft Game spoiled?

Did you even read my spoiler or not?

so since the ending is bad it's okay to spoil?

I mean, whole point of spoilers is to leave it to each person's sensibilities and not just assume that "eh it's not that bad that I spoiled it cause I didnt like it"

but it's okay man

Might want to remove your quote of the unmarked spoilers. The original post didn't get me, but that one did.

Not that I'm worried about it, but others might seek the context you are replying to.

yea, forgot

Knurek

Why would you play an Ubi game for story? That doesn't make any sense, you play them to fill some bars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom