• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Well, to be fair that's a video comparing the physics work which GTA wins by a large margin. No open world game has ever had the same attention to detail though, wasn't expecting Watch Dogs to change that.

For sure. Those Rockstar folks have some crazy attention to detail which is kind of unmatched. Not enough checklists though :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you play an Ubi game for story? That doesn't make any sense, you play them to fill some bars...

It's not just that, I don't think I'm ready to sink another 65 hours into collecting orbs of adventure orbs of hacking to complete Abstergo Dedsec challenges.

Bambi's mum dies and it turns out that Darth Vader is Bambi's real father!

You're sick. Why would you do this ;_;

I just reformatted my PC, but I backed up my game folders thinking I could just drop them back into SteamApps and they would be picked up, but Steam won't recognize them. Any advice?

I just reformatted my PC, but I backed up my game folders thinking I could just drop them back into SteamApps and they would be picked up, but Steam won't recognize them. Any advice?

Check your Steamsettings. You can choose where your Gamefolder is located.

Maybe Steam changed the default one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

steamapps\common, not just steamapps. In the future you can just back up the entire steamapps folder.

Knurek

It's not just that, I don't think I'm ready to sink another 65 hours into collecting orbs of adventure orbs of hacking to complete Abstergo Dedsec challenges.

Obviously, we just had AssCreed 4, which is basically the same game with a different setting.
Nobody ends a LEGO game and immediately starts another one. Nobody sane that is (sorry Milamber).
What I'm saying is - wait for the game to go <$5, I'm sure you'll have a beefier hardware by the time, and maybe Ubi patches the game a bit by then. In the meantime, if you want to play a collectathon, there's loads of other AssCreed/LEGO games out there, I'm sure you haven't beat all of them yet.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What I'm saying is - wait for the game to go <$5, I'm sure you'll have a beefier hardware by the time, and maybe Ubi patches the game a bit by then. In the meantime, if you want to play a collectathon, there's loads of other AssCreed/LEGO games out there, I'm sure you haven't beat all of them yet.

Pretty much my thoughts, since honestly I'll probably get bored of waiting and just not care by the time someone uploads a playthrough. I still have flashbacks of playing the first four Asscreeds right before III came out. It was a terrible idea. I still have Lego HP 4-7 and LOTR to play, plus I never picked up some of them like Marvel, so I'm in no rush to buy another.

Those AC IV Dive bell side quests are sucking the life out of me.

They're some of the best parts of IV though. The AC games need more oppressively atmospheric areas.

Milamber

I guess I'm a masochist? Ubi's handling of mechanics is so wrong for me. I also approach them badly.

Hey! Here's a new mechanic that you couldn't access before but is now unlocked throughout the world.

I then proceed to drop everything and finish every available side quest pertaining to that mechanic. Even if the main quest is right next to me.

EDIT: This time I won't do that for Watch_Dogs. I 'll only do them when I come across them in-world.

Arent sidequests and "collecting" things an integral part of those Games nowadays? I mean if I would just play all the story-missions in those Games, I would be finished in like 4-5 hours.

Dr Dogg

UbiSoft open world games in a nutshell.

Tight and focused story that forces urgency on you and doesn't want you to deviate away from.

Has a shot ton of non essential and disconnected side content rife with check lists introduced randomly during the story.

Milamber

I installed the W_D companion app just now.

HAHAHAHAHA!

&#65377;&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;(&#65417;&#1044;`)&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;&#65377;

Kabouter

Just grabbed Watch Dogs, hope it runs well. Was high time for another Ubi game, I haven't played one since like...AC: Liberation in January.

Knurek

Just thirty hours? Geez. Just the additional objectives in missions in AC3 alone would probably take me that long.

Granted, I've only played Ezio's trilogy (and didn't care for 100% synch in story missions there, just the collectibles) and LEGO LotR (100.0% there though). Maybe AC3 is more padded out.
Not sure why would anyone want that, 30 hours spent with a collectathon is almost too much (DK64 could be 100% in that time and people back then complained that the game was too long).

Rwinterhalter

Neo Member
So are people in Asia screwed? Are CD keys available for those who preordered? You could then manually add it to Uplay and ditch Steam. I'm also way mkre willing to engage in VPN shenanagins with my Uplay a count than my 400 game Steam account.

I think I'm going to sit out Watch Dogs since I found AssCreed4 disappointing and felt the ship combat and mechanics had worsened since AssCreed3.

Why must you homogenize your games Ubi? Whyyy??

Kabouter

I think I'm going to sit out Watch Dogs since I found AssCreed4 disappointing and felt the ship combat and mechanics had worsened since AssCreed3.

Why must you homogenize your games Ubi? Whyyy??

Because it seems to be working for them. Formula that a wide range of people enjoy, just change up the setting every now and then, and you're good to go.

I'm surprised you felt that ship combat and mechanics were worse in AC4 than AC3 though, I thought they'd refined them somewhat. I did think setting, story and characters in particular were a step back compared to AC3 though.

Miguel81

I've been having the itch to replay Crysis(been 4 years), but the Origin version(Trilogy Pack) doesn't run on Win 8 64-bit. Apparently, they've removed the bin64 from the game's folder.
Then, I thought maybe the Steam version was different, but it turns out that it suffers the same. Since I googled this issue it appears that you need to download a bin64 folder/files
and a cracked .exe. This is a really shitty situation, as I don't want to use that method.

Going to have to download Warhead and test that one as well. Anyone else not able to run the game do to a 32-bit exe. Ancient games run on this OS, but not Crysis?

should i pull the trigger or wait for the $5-7.50 range?
L5iRbQw.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some stuff before I head to bed

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Litil Divil -- MB-6631CC2D61A0CB77 - Taken by NingenJanai
Lucius -- MB-AB99247936DE7760 - Taken by KainXVIII
Soulbringer -- MB-1854BFCA44ED5284 - Taken by Sarcasm
iBomber Attack -- MB-55FDBFB661FAA37E - Taken by Kaper
Grimind -- MB-90EEF9FE0FFBDE5C - Taken by Gianni Merryman
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-BE5E816678620BEA - Taken by The Dear Leader

I would have enjoyed AC3 a lot more if I was allowed to play as Haytham all the way through. He's the best character in the series and barely features.

Kabouter

I would have enjoyed AC3 a lot more if I was allowed to play as Haytham all the way through. He's the best character in the series and barely features.
Haytham was great, but even Connor is leagues better than Edward Kenway in AC4, who is easily the worst protagonist in the series so far.*

*Well, in the Animus anyway.

kudoboi

So are people in Asia screwed? Are CD keys available for those who preordered? You could then manually add it to Uplay and ditch Steam. I'm also way mkre willing to engage in VPN shenanagins with my Uplay a count than my 400 game Steam account.

apparently this affects every digital platform. so it is locked out for Origin, Steam and Uplay. However, it still releases today on Singapore PSN so it only seems to be for PC. Someone told me to use VPN to play the game but i am not sure if i should do that. Steam also gave me a key for Uplay already so I am not sure if they will even let me cancel the pre order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom