• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man, Complete Edition is still $25? Back to the waiting game, I guess.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it was meant to be lower or what, but it doesn't look like it currently is. I'd jump in at that price, for sure. I've played the base game but not the expansion.

And thanks, derExperte!

Dr Dogg

Does it come with a red scarf and twin silvered automatic pistols for the true The Shadow cosplay finish? :p

Hahahaha no but Aiden does sound a little bit like Alec Baldwin so you can have some horrible memories brought back. I think it has a Tommy Gun so you can go either The Untouchable route or more sensibly Bugsy Malone.

Tizoc

Make sure Vsync is disabled in game. Then go to the Wolf profile in inspector and look for these settings:

stuff7vsj4.jpg

And match the ones I picked. Just a note: Nvidia triple-buffering is only for openGL games like Wolf, Rage, etc.

I followed these settings but now graphics are glitching out like the lightbulbs flickering and appearing as squares or the like.

Aerocrane

Far as Arcade racers go, where I'd like to get a sense/feel of speed how is it?

It's good on that front, especially with the Group B cars which you can't even get because they are DLC and GFWL Marketplace is no more. Hopefully that Steamworks conversion will be done soon. If blasting through stages in couple minutes each doesn't bother you, go for it. While I didn't particularly care for it, it is still a pretty good arcade racer.

If Dirt 3 ever gets converted to Steam and the DLC needs to be bought separately, skip the Lancia Stratos if you can. It has bad engine sounds and doesn't feel good to drive. The Lancia Delta S4 and Peugeot 205 T16 are great. I wish I had bought the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 and Peugeot 405 T16 DLC before the marketplace shut down.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So how are impressions of FFIII so far? Does anyone know if the final segment of the game is still the same as the DS version's final segment?

I doubt anyone has got that far yet, but I'd be really surprised if it's different from the DS / iOS / Android version.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did anyone that bought the blood knights indiegala bundle before they "restarted" it got their keys yet? starting to think they fucked me over

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beyond Divinity -- MB-9EE943766111A5DA - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
Divinity II -- MB-F1D87F561F67182A - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-EA8DBA56C92AD86E - Taken by Sub Zero. 13 entrants total.
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-00D9EDD6BE7D90DC - Taken by Saty. 9 entrants total.
Draw a Stickman EPIC -- MB-9225D3C5C522E8A7 - Taken by -MD-. 2 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-00D9EDD6BE7D90DC - Taken by Saty. 9 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-00D9EDD6BE7D90DC - Taken by Saty. 9 entrants total.
Divine Divinity -- MB-43BAAC40DE27C506 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Hard Reset Extended Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Zeno Clash 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1401222571z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt anyone has got that far yet, but I'd be really surprised if it's different from the DS / iOS / Android version.

Ehh, I'll have to pass on it for now then. I still have the DS version, and I'm sure the PC port will go on sale in a few months/half a year. If they changed the final stretch, I might pick the PC version over the DS version since I've heard that the original modern version's ending is (end game spoilers for anyone interested in how the gameplay of the final section goes)
just one big boss rush with no saves in between each boss

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got Final Fantasy III from GMG for $12.80, and made $3.31 selling the cards, making it $9.49
which I paid for in Playfire credit

obamanotbad.jpg

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hate to burst your bubble, mate, but you really should have got the game last week from GMG during that crazy sale they had. Now, that was a good use of my Playfire creds.

Nonetheless, this is a good discount, but don't be surprised to see it for less than this during the Summer Sale (if we get one). So you might want to wait, I dunno?

Anyway thanks to the cool people in this thread doing all the giveaways, including corrosivefrost (I entered for three). Where are all these games coming from, another bundle?

I already own it, I was just posting the news. GMG didn't discount the Complete Edition though, so this is the cheapest it's ever been

The outfits in Watch Dogs look so lazy since they're all just recolours..

W_D needs Sleeping Dogs-esque outfits, like THE MONKEY KING! (secret best cosmetic DLC of all time)

Has anyone tried The Long War mod? Seems pretty awesome, but I don't know if I have enough time to devote to it.

Holy (abducted) cows, this mod sounds fantastic and I can't wait to try it! For some reason I was mistaking this mod for a Second Wave option whenever people mentioned it before.

Anyways, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I'm pretty sure the ones that keep showing up in people's inventory are just beta access. The game will be free to play once it's actually released. The $16.99 pack on Steam is for in-game stuff.

That makes sense. I suppose they targetted me because I own the original Dead Island, in all its tedious glory.

There is a MOBA Dead Island? lol

This is how we all feel when we first hear about it. :/

Tizoc

I reset the settings via Inspector and I'm still getting the graphical glitches in Wolfenstein 2014 >_>;

I decided to Verify Integrity of files which it is doing atm. Going at a good speed but might not finish for another half hour.

I hate it when trying to improve/fix something ends up like this.

Zafir

Amazing how your day can go from total shit, to nearly one of the best days ever in such a short space of time. Was one of the worst days of the year for various reasons, but I'm finally home, to find out that I won a copy of Watch_Dogs. YEESSSS.

Not even mad Zavvi fucked up not even dispatching it yet. I don't even need it any more.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
4 Desura keys and 1 Steam key. Enjoy:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 game keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

(Desura) Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends -- MB-1664550B7BE7879E
(Desura) Blue Rose -- MB-53F23A77670256D8
(Steam) Rock of Ages -- MB-ED7431A6CB0C847B - Taken by devo1989
(Desura) Sylia Act I -- MB-D077AA91384CEC15 - Taken by Sammichu
(Desura) Little Trus Man -- MB-E367248F05A288CF

Dambrosi

Banned
I already own it, I was just posting the news. GMG didn't discount the Complete Edition though, so this is the cheapest it's ever been
Yeah, I agree - £12.49 for the lot (including Enemy Within!) is a steal, and y'all should pounce on that like a pig on grits. I was referring to the stand-alone game's price, which still seems rather high when compared to the Complete Edition. Should've been a fiver or less.

Oh, and thanks to StAidan for Zeno Clash 2!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-8EB799E260379BF0 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 4 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-18A83AE4F388B978 - Taken by fernandes. 5 entrants total.
Tropico Trilogy (1-3) -- MB-64BFBC32E2C4DDE7 - Taken by nature boy. 5 entrants total.

t1401225210z1.png

Nabs

AE GFWL > Steamworks transition details from Capcom: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/05/27/ssfivae-gfwl-to-steamworks-transition

On May 30, 2014, the transition from GFWL to Steamworks will happen, and your GFWL enabled game will still function as normal for the foreseeable future.
You will automatically be able to download the Steamworks version of the game via the Steam client for free. Once you boot up the new version of the game, it will prompt you to copy over your GFWL save data. Select “YES” and you’ll be ready to go!

nampad

Thought the thread title is just some nonsense but I am trying to activate my new Macbook right now and am not getting the activation code per mail?

jshackles

AE GFWL > Steamworks transition details from Capcom: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/05/27/ssfivae-gfwl-to-steamworks-transition

On May 30, 2014, the transition from GFWL to Steamworks will happen, and your GFWL enabled game will still function as normal for the foreseeable future.
You will automatically be able to download the Steamworks version of the game via the Steam client for free. Once you boot up the new version of the game, it will prompt you to copy over your GFWL save data. Select “YES” and you’ll be ready to go!

Cool that they're allowing GFWL code redemption for the Steam version, but sucks since those that purchased DLC on the GFWL marketplace will not have a way to transfer that DLC over.

Hopefully that won't affect too many folks.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thought the thread title is just some nonsense but I am trying to activate my new Macbook right now and am not getting the activation code per mail?

Did Steam ask you to please accept downloading?

More importantly, did you download any .exe file if prompted? If you didn't then it's just taking a while for your email to get the code. If you did download something, bad news.

jshackles

Besides the duplicate library entry issue, is there a particular problem with this approach that would make it gross?

I don't think there will be a duplicate entry in your library. There is a private depot in the Steam database for the existing sub, as well as achievements.

You'll likely have to (at best) download a patch on the 30th, or (at worst) redownload the entire game. But it looks like they're replacing the existing GFWL version with the Steamworks version.

"Unfortunately, both paid and free DLC will not be transferred over in this process."

That better be solely for the GFWL retail copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom