• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sweet.

Have you tried to contact them about it?

Yes, I've had several conversations with several Valve employees about it, but I always get the same answer which is some variation of "We're not interested."

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
A question about the Immortal Throne expansion for Titan Quest. Can I buy it on Steam and combine it with the version I got from the THQ humble bundle, even though that one says "retail" and the the description of the expansion says that it requires a "Steam version"?

Yes, it will work as long as you have the base game activated in your Steam account no matter where you got it from

Skulls of the Shogun seems interesting, is it anything like Fire Emblem? (Gameplay-wise, not weird story-wise)

It's more similar to Disgaea/Advance Wars than Fire Emblem

SeZMehK

Modbot seems to be broken again. I know I sent entries but they aren't registered, like the one for skulls of the shogun.

Edit: Nevermind, lol.

Evrain

I just want to ebay, bid on an AMD Code for 3 games (Gold) and afew days later I won and got it.
I can't find a single one, well just one at around $21.
And for reasons unknown I got another Dead Island Epidemic invite in my inventory: anybody needs it?

Authority

Banned
Yes, I've had several conversations with several Valve employees about it, but I always get the same answer which is some variation of "We're not interested."

Tell them evolution is real and Steam must evolve as well and not become this,

tumblr_m2x7pa1wEJ1qdlh1io1_400.gif

There are so many exciting enhancements that could be done on Steam it is unreal they are not pushing for a workshop. The mod community would go nuts. Can't believe some of them said "We are not interested".

Videospel

Yes, it will work as long as you have the base game activated in your Steam account no matter where you got it from

Ok, thanks. Been waiting for a sale on Immortal Throne.
And if anyone wanted to know, TQ Gold is €2.49 and TQ/IT are €1.74 separately.

Also finally got Bastion.

Saty

Spares.
ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-C66BD5765ABF2345 - Taken by Sendou. 7 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-C0250F68519570A2 - Taken by dot. 6 entrants total.

t1401217405z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tell them evolution is real and Steam must evolve as well and not become this,

There are so many exciting enhancements that could be done on Steam it is unreal they are not pushing for a workshop. The mod community would go nuts. Can't believe some of them said "We are not interested".

I think their concerns are somewhat justified, given the size of their organization. Whereas individual game's workshops are moderated by developers and integrate with the games themselves in very limited predefined ways, having a "workshop" for Steam means basically building a plugin/extension architecture into the Steam client. Once that's done, the "workshop" would have to be heavily moderated with a pretty strict code review process, as giving people access to modify Steam also means giving them the potential to do something nefarious or evil.

For example, while it could be used for good (like - highlighting games and DLC you already own) it could also be used for evil things like stealing your account or injecting advertising.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol wtf, steam wont let me activate keys. says ive actuvated too many at the moment >_>

damn bundles. anyway more games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-A077AE5F4B9D19E1 - Taken by Sammichu
Symphony -- MB-AC79DE9D93D38EC5 - Taken by Cth
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-3E93F89D470CFFEC - Taken by Iron Badger

derExperte

Another Arcadecraft Steam Key

KVVRR-0P8X0-52CCL

Backwards.

It's awesome that you're giving away keys (thanks again and as far as I can tell after 30 minutes the game is cool too) I think using Modbot would be better so lurkers can't grab them and a longer giveaway would get more attention.

StAidan

Someone want my cast-offs?

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Draw a Stickman EPIC -- MB-63D6BF56F047F7E4 - Taken by Sub Zero
Galcon Legends -- MB-AA05774D28D90BDA - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Galcon Fusion -- MB-60E8D483131E312A - Taken by Evrain
METAL SLUG 3 -- MB-7A1085222283E2EC - Taken by didamangi

aku:jiki

thanks again and as far as I can tell after 30 minutes the game is cool too
I love the game! Have it on 360 and spent an entire weekend playing a few entire laps through it. It's not the most hardcore strategy game ever, but tinkering with your arcade and putting in new cabs and stuff is just fun.

Didn't play it after the pinball update so I should probably go back to it.

Yea, I am sure that I am being blocked from modbot... No idea why...
You're not blocked, Modbot is just programmed to always give the prize to hekk05.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hard Rest Extended Edition -- MB-E6A4EC491C776EDF - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.

t1401218338z1.png

I haven't given away anything this month despite a few good wins, so here's some keys from the new Humble Bundle. It's multi-entry, so try your luck with them all if you want:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Galcon Legends -- MB-742E6320BA424FE2 - Taken by PossumMeat
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-C5C723F1187CF22D - Taken by Leg-End
Symphony -- MB-A01B7583BF4A8C39 - Taken by lucebuce12
Galcon Fusion -- MB-716DDAC934DA8676 - Taken by Purkake4

Not sure if the Desura key will work, but hopefully it does.
Enjoy:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends -- MB-414BA414F5E9DD08 - Taken by Myshkin. 2 entrants total.
Metal Slug 3 -- MB-D375BFADDE69109B - Taken by Stumpokapow. 39 entrants total.
Flatout -- MB-B7CC3AD0863EE5E5 - Taken by Cth. 14 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-B25CAC80CFBE2A6A - Taken by KenOD. 29 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-3589BC40AF31F5AC - Taken by PossumMeat. 7 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-3E4CE7E8A03B80A0 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-BDA47B034CA6C962 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Galcon Fusion -- MB-2D0475E5296EA830 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.

t1401228404z1.png

I randomly got a Dead Island: Epidemic (f2p moba) added to my inventory. Huh.

The game must not be doing well, since it's currently in closed beta with a pricetag of $16.99 on the Steam store.

jshackles

I randomly got a Dead Island: Epidemic (f2p moba) added to my inventory. Huh.

The game must not be doing well, since it's currently in closed beta with a pricetag of $16.99 on the Steam store.

I'm pretty sure the ones that keep showing up in people's inventory are just beta access. The game will be free to play once it's actually released. The $16.99 pack on Steam is for in-game stuff.

85% off Bastion! Now if I can get away from Skyrim and Civ 5 long enough to play it... I'm starting to see how you guys ended up with such ridiculous backlogs

Here's an extra Galcon Fusion
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Galcon Fusion -- MB-6D31499CA2FD5E3B - Taken by spindoctor

Leg-End

What's the overall impression on DiRT 3?

It's not bad, didn't like it as much as 2 simply because it went down the Ken Block route instead of actual rallying.

Not that its not fun, still handles and looks great. Worth picking up if you like the series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stupid indiegala :(

also I just noticed I have all the indiegala games lol. that itchy trigger finger. oh well, more for modbot

Damn. i think OotP Baseball is my 'one more turn' game. Picked it up a few days ago and already have 10 hours into it. Just starting my 2nd year too. Such a fantastic simulation.

This wasn't in the midweek deals an hour ago. GET IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT ALREADY

0eABqaS.png

Has anyone tried The Long War mod? Seems pretty awesome, but I don't know if I have enough time to devote to it.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Arcadecraft #3 -- MB-6AE034EDE2544336 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Arcadecraft #2 -- MB-98206FB67C367372 - Taken by PossumMeat
Arcadecraft -- MB-4DB43A2C0FC4009E - Taken by Henry Swanson
Arcadecraft #4 -- MB-9C295E4C3E29C9E3 - Taken by Nabs

Let the battle begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom