• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

This wasn't in the midweek deals an hour ago. GET IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT ALREADY

0eABqaS.png

Totally agree. Also if there happens to be someone so inclined, a Linux version got confirmed today along with all it's DLC including the expansion "Enemy Within".

Volimar

I loved Enemy Unknown. Even if it kind of ran out of steam at the end.

Some day I'll find the $ for Enemy Within. Maybe summer sale?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I have a few of these, please take them! (Beta access)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

330x192

Dead Island Epidemic #1 -- MB-53887C4194392DF6 - Taken by Pakkidis
Dead Island Epidemic #3 -- MB-6A3141DFD1DAF05C - Taken by Sammichu
Dead Island Epidemic #2 -- MB-2A364F3947DE4185 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Dead Island Epidemic #4 -- MB-7F6EF2B1C66E4592 - Taken by X05
Dead Island Epidemic #5 -- MB-B56630014304C8E1 - Taken by arts&crafts

EDIT: oh man, I was putting this together and missed the Arcade Craft giveaway. :(

Aerocrane

What's the overall impression on DiRT 3?

Small amount of short special stages, "AWESOME BRO, UPLOAD THAT TO YOUTUBE" dude doing voiceover after every race, many events that are not rally (gymkhana etc.) At least all cars have nicely detailed and unique cockpit views. The first Dirt is the best of the three, but it's no longer on Steam probably due to expired licenses.

Koeta said:
it's cheaper on amazon atm (and the expansion is also cheaper) and it's activates on steam
It runs so well I have never before seen anyone worried about how well it runs on PC.
TC McQueen said:
Really well, except for some weird bugs that are Firaxis's fault and may have been patched out since the last time I played (stuff like the game faking you out with a death animation delay).
Nabs said:
Great. You can try the demo if you'd like.

Thanks, guess I'll double dip!

Li Kao

While I'm waiting for Watch Dogs to download, I was thinking about Tropico 4 which I have played these last few days.
Now this thread is a dubious place to ask infos about it, but then I don't know, I love you all here, don't really want to annoy Tropico 5 players in the OT for mechanics that could be different, and IIRC there are some people which are playing the fourth one these days...
What about international commerce ?
I mean, I'm in the middle of mission 4, I know the gist of it, but somehow the game lose me when I try to have a grasp on it. So I can import stuff, transform it and export it. Gotcha ! Buuutttt.....
Why is my commerce summary sometime not listing some exportations I make ? I would think it's because the in game world do not buy the product anymore, but I don't know, it could be clearer. I mean, there are still flags for said products in the export panel. And when I give up seeing that importing stuff without selling it will be the death of me, when I fire the workers and effectively shut down the factory, tadaaaa, my exportation appears again at 0$
If that's a case of adapting oneself to supply / demand, that seems a little extreme and I don't really understand the whole thing.

I've got difficulties wrapping my head around the budget panel, but I'm a litterary guy, not math :-X It's like the game gladly gives me everything there is to know except what I really want. What are these numbers ? Annual ? Monthly ? Because following them I sure as hell should have been dead a few times and 'lo and behold, my effective budget didn't sink so low. So yeah, there is the foreign funds but still, it's like I'm missing something to really master all the parameters.

Oh and what the fuck are the little suns above some buildings ? I have followed all tutorials and I have no idea about what they mean.

Question about linking bundle sites to Steam: Is there anywhere on the Steam site or app where we can see what's linked, and unlink them if need be?

Humble seems okay and easy enough, but Indiegala is a pain in the ass and I'm not sure how cautious I should be when it comes to linking outside sites to my Steam account.

For those of you who are more technical than me, what's the worst-case scenario that could happen if you link a site to your Steam account?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So I have a few of these, please take them! (Beta access)
EDIT: oh man, I was putting this together and missed the Arcade Craft giveaway. :(
Got #4, thanks man :)

Tellaerin

Here's something for those who missed out on the Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer key giveaway the other day. (Oh, and a spare Rush Bros. key for all you masochists out there. >.>)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros. -- MB-15F83D25A1ACF702
Company of Heroes 2 Multplayer Access Key -- MB-06026DEA2FD55F12 - Taken by Kaper. 1 entrants total.

t1401220700z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Question about linking bundle sites to Steam: Is there anywhere on the Steam site or app where we can see what's linked, and unlink them if need be?

Humble seems okay and easy enough, but Indiegala is a pain in the ass and I'm not sure how cautious I should be when it comes to linking outside sites to my Steam account.

For those of you who are more technical than me, what's the worst-case scenario that could happen if you link a site to your Steam account?

There isn't currently an account revocation tool for Steam.

That being said, the only permission they really have to make changes to your account is to redeem keys. So worst case scenario, they... could... maybe potentially redeem a stolen key to your account, then revoke it?

With the exception of the permission to redeem keys, most of the "sign in with Steam" stuff just hands whatever service your Steam64 ID and proves that you are who you say you are, nothing more. The rest of the data they get from you requires that your Steam account be public anyway.

Evrain

A little OT: I was browsing eBay looking for a deal on Watchdogs* and noticed the extreme influx of keys coming from Indie Bundles. Is there a way to stop these scumbags attempting to exploit charity for profit?

Black Ops....

Tellaerin

A little OT: I was browsing eBay looking for a deal on Watchdogs* and noticed the extreme influx of keys coming from Indie Bundles. Is there a way to stop these scumbags attempting to exploit charity for profit?

Black Ops....

I think the whole "activation link" thing that Humble (and now IndieGala) are embracing in place of keys is a response to the key resellers out there.

Dambrosi

Banned
This wasn't in the midweek deals an hour ago. GET IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT ALREADY

http://i.imgur.com/0eABqaS.png
Hate to burst your bubble, mate, but you really should have got the game last week from GMG during that crazy sale they had. Now, that was a good use of my Playfire creds.

Nonetheless, this is a good discount, but don't be surprised to see it for less than this during the Summer Sale (if we get one). So you might want to wait, I dunno?

Anyway thanks to the cool people in this thread doing all the giveaways, including corrosivefrost (I entered for three). Where are all these games coming from, another bundle?

Afraid not. That's capitalism at work: the value of an item is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. The only way to stop it is with educated consumers.

jshackles

Here are some more games!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Oniken -- MB-D99A0ED359B87E79 - Taken by Milamber
Rock of Ages -- MB-C53A2A8A7F192370 - Taken by Kiru
Syberia II -- MB-A9E32D6B7559AA52 - Taken by nightstorm
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-41B3F50A28073E04 - Taken by derExperte

Lomax

Black Ops....

Well, the "exploiting charity" part is pretty irrelevant, especially since plenty of bundles aren't for charity at all, and virtually all Devs put their games in bundles to make money, not to support charity. But the bigger issue of the key reselling is apparently a major thing right now, the curator of the Blink Bundle mentioned it is a significant problem that a lot of publishers are worried about (he also implied that some bundle sites actually encourage the purchase for resale and it accounts for a huge portion of those site's total sales). It's undoubtedly why Humble Bundle and Indie Gala have gone away from keys towards their automatic redemption, and I'd expect long term that will be much more the norm. It's also why there's almost universally higher minimums for Steam keys and bundles with more tiers than we used to see. That said, there's still tons and tons of new bundles all the time, so it's obviously still deemed worth the risk, or at least worth the quick buck.

StAidan

I only bought lower tier on indiegala, here are my extras (or more accurately, the games I didn't want :p )

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

ulgzbKC.png
Little Trus Man (Desura) -- MB-22AC25204DFDD9CC - Taken by WinterDemons
Zeno Clash 2 Special Edition -- MB-9FB92EFE0B7F5420 - Taken by Dambrosi

derExperte

Here are some more games!

Thx, JnG looks neat.

ModBot said:
Instructions for derExperte:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-935976C999E7FDF0 - Taken by TheLetdown

Tizoc

Small amount of short special stages, "AWESOME BRO, UPLOAD THAT TO YOUTUBE" dude doing voiceover after every race, many events that are not rally (gymkhana etc.) At least all cars have nicely detailed and unique cockpit views. The first Dirt is the best of the three, but it's no longer on Steam probably due to expired licenses.

Far as Arcade racers go, where I'd like to get a sense/feel of speed how is it?

jshackles

Santiako

Don't all Squeenix games go on sale shortly after release? If you won't play it right now, wait two months or so and get it cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom