• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The better question seems to be is anyone not having a problem, because Playfire claims it is only a small portion of people, but as far as anyone can tell, achievement tracking seems to be broken for everyone.

Eh.

Getting FF3 for .75 is better than anything.

lol

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Arkham Knight save me ~

Don't worry, The Joker/Thomas Wayne Jr./Jason Todd/Azrael/Scarface the Puppet will save the Arkham franchise.

Is ACIII good for $5? I played up to revelations...

Are you really invested in finishing the story of Desmond? Did you enjoy the gameplay of the other asscreeds? Are you okay with boringly dull slightly angsty protagonists with daddy issues?

I'm so ready to buy Blacklist on the summer sale after waiting so long.

Me too. I'd bite at <$15.

The better question seems to be is anyone not having a problem, because Playfire claims it is only a small portion of people, but as far as anyone can tell, achievement tracking seems to be broken for everyone.

This seems right. My chompy chomp chomp achievements never showed ... we'll see what happens with the rush bros. ones I got today.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Am I right in being excited to play Kentucky Route Zero?

Just gotta finish the last chapter of Max Payne 3 and then The Plan, and Gone Home. But I really need some indie stylish stuff after this triple AAA game.
You can launch The Plan, place a bit of tape on the up key and go make some coffee until it ends. In fact, that's the recommended way to play it.

saunderez

Never open booster packs man.

Learned that the hard way too =/

I've only ever got 1 booster pack, and I got a foil inside of it. So I'm going with "always open booster packs!"*

*Yes I know how I have a far greater chance of getting crappy cards, but I gambled and I won. 1 from 1 baby!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You can launch The Plan, place a bit of tape on the up key and go make some coffee until it ends. In fact, that's the recommended way to play it.

Boo. BOO!

BOO!

It's the experience, play it under your own control.

Not sure if the Desura key will work, but hopefully it does.
Enjoy:

Many thanks for Skulls of Shogun. I've always wanted to control skeletons in a turn based strategy.

I've only ever got 1 booster pack, and I got a foil inside of it. So I'm going with "always open booster packs!"*

*Yes I know how I have a far greater chance of getting crappy cards, but I gambled and I won. 1 from 1 baby!

Hi Mr. Meeseeks, I'm Mister Meeseeks. Look at me!

You have to weigh the booster vs the average card value. Most times, it's about the same, so opening for a shot at a foil is probably going to be the safest bet.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
93Y91.png

Im getting this issue with Killer is Dead. Any clues on how to fix it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hi Mr. Meeseeks, I'm Mister Meeseeks. Look at me!

You have to weigh the booster vs the average card value. Most times, it's about the same, so opening for a shot at a foil is probably going to be the safest bet.

I think I've only ever sold one booster pack, and it was some anime game where the price of the booster was insane because the price of foils was insane.

Others I've tried to sell, but they sat on the market for like a week and nobody bought them.

So now, I just open them. Might as well try for a foil, and even if I don't get one, I can usually turn the cards themselves into Steam cash pretty quickly.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
RMyDkcd.jpg

NOW you can send it to Capcom.
Took me a while to get it. It was totally worth it.

Boo. BOO!

BOO!

It's the experience, play it under your own control.
I didn't even get the achievement in the end. The game simply crashed, taking it away from me, forever and ever.

The Plan is the most accurate video game representation of tedium and boredom, I'll give it that.

Newblade

Business as usual.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-D31B35A28870A48E - Taken by Trejik. 3 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-BD3DD764BEF7B4A2 - Taken by trailmix16. 6 entrants total.
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-12BFEAE04868D610 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.

t1401231976z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those Final Fantasy III profile backgrounds are terrible and lazy. I guess after seeing the achievement icons though, I'm not surprised that a minimal amount of effort went into this release.

Watch_Dogs is going have me making that hard decision between pretty game but locked at 30fps or no AA and 50-70fps :(

I went with the former. I realized the game looks very meh during the day time unless you have your setting maxed out (and even then, it's not great). I'd rather deal with 30fps and a decent looking game than one that runs well and looks crappy for the entire duration I play it.

Those Final Fantasy III profile backgrounds are terrible and lazy. I guess after seeing the achievement icons though, I'm not surprised that a minimal amount of effort went into this release.
Plain as they might be at least there's no improper gradient into the black. Couple choice backgrounds I'd use otherwise are ruined because of their hard cutoff into the black Steam backdrop.

I'm hoping Ultra SF4 will use some version of this as one of the backgrounds, but it's probably too good to be one.
icgtAnP65bE6J.jpg

Trejik

Wolf Among Us is discounted on Steam. If I loved The Walking Dead, should I jump in now or should I expect a sale after Episode 5 is released?

Also, how is Painkiller? Recently beat Shadow Warrior (One of the best games of last year) and I'm wondering if it's worth grabbing.

Evrain

Plain as they might be at least there's no improper gradient into the black. Couple choice backgrounds I'd use otherwise are ruined because of their hard cutoff into the black Steam backdrop.

I'm hoping Ultra SF4 will use some version of this as one of the backgrounds, but it's probably too good to be one.
icgtAnP65bE6J.jpg
Blanka's bored face is priceless

Nabs

Steam Machines Update: http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434672565#announcements/detail/182089122390696782

We've been getting emails from the Steam community asking us how our in-development Steam Machines are coming along. It's great that you're excited about it, and we know you appreciate it when we keep you in the loop on stuff like this, so we wanted to give you all a quick update.

We&#8217;re now using wireless prototype controllers to conduct live playtests, with everyone from industry professionals to die-hard gamers to casual gamers. It's generating a ton of useful feedback, and it means we'll be able to make the controller a lot better. Of course, it's also keeping us pretty busy making all those improvements. Realistically, we're now looking at a release window of 2015, not 2014.

Obviously we're just as eager as you are to get a Steam Machine in your hands. But our number one priority is making sure that when you do, you'll be getting the best gaming experience possible. We hope you'll be patient with us while we get there. Until then, we&#8217;ll continue to post updates as we have more stories to share.

As always, we love getting feedback on the Steam Machine and Steam controller from the community. After all, you're the people we want to be happiest when we release them.

Feel free to continue posting your thoughts and suggestions to the Steam Universe discussion group.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Here. Games. Grab them. Have fun.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-3D32774BB9BF52FC - Taken by Uzzy. 14 entrants total.
Jet Set Radio -- MB-94D3F100B3781212 - Taken by GaussTek. 17 entrants total.

t1401233517z1.png

Seriously, have fun!

Come get your chow, maggots.

ModBot said:
Instructions for HP_Wuvcraft:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Beyond Divinity -- MB-7061EF593A3AE281 - Taken by masterkajo
Age of Wonders: Snadow Magick -- MB-4791FD8877A862D7 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Galcon Legends -- MB-8E357CA9F4B4DD33 - Taken by Scipius
Age of Wonders -- MB-5FB39AC779DC4F19 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Symphony -- MB-FE90644A26A653F7 - Taken by -MD-
Galcon Fusion -- MB-1D58382628FA7C80 - Taken by redlacs
Divine Divinity -- MB-5A66C5ECC05E5096 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

These are all Windows Only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom