• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

I know I've said it before but man, Super House of Dead Ninjas has one of the smoothest controls I've found in the last couple of years. Nevermind the overpowered down-jump attack; the entire repertoire of movements works perfectly within the context of the game.

Grief.exe

Who ever used Photoshop to create this image did a horrible job.

7eeeb7dd5aa2ef4ce712cb124f3f3d94.jpg

AsylumX

AE GFWL > Steamworks transition details from Capcom: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/05/27/ssfivae-gfwl-to-steamworks-transition

On May 30, 2014, the transition from GFWL to Steamworks will happen, and your GFWL enabled game will still function as normal for the foreseeable future.
You will automatically be able to download the Steamworks version of the game via the Steam client for free. Once you boot up the new version of the game, it will prompt you to copy over your GFWL save data. Select “YES” and you’ll be ready to go!

YAY!!!

Now we won't be forced to upgrade to Ultra on day one...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Who ever used Photoshop to create this image did a horrible job.

7eeeb7dd5aa2ef4ce712cb124f3f3d94.jpg

Probably the same intern that Square Enix hired to do the achievement icons for Final Fantasy III.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder how hard it is to get into Virtua Tennis 4 as well the career mode. It's the only game I wanted from those. The game seems to be pretty. Anyone? Couple of GAFfers on my list have the game (and Speevy have 400 hours in it!)

It's a fun game if you like arcade tennis. I don't play it much anymore since I switched systems and lost my data. The game tracks your standings with a file (rather than tying it to the server). I was in the top 100 at my best.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm guessing the save data for Watch Dogs is the one in Program Files > Ubisoft > Ubisoft Game Launcher > savegames > [bunch of numbers] > [game ID]?

Uplay got me wanting to keep a backup more than usual since it was crapping itself a few times before it let me activate and then kept failing to sync with the cloud or whatever.

Pachimari

Am I right in being excited to play Kentucky Route Zero?

Just gotta finish the last chapter of Max Payne 3 and then The Plan, and Gone Home. But I really need some indie stylish stuff after this triple AAA game.

The_Monk

It's a fun game if you like arcade tennis. I don't play it much anymore since I switched systems and lost my data. The game tracks your standings with a file (rather than tying it to the server). I was in the top 100 at my best.

Thanks a lot Speevy. Yes, I remember you mentioning that lost data, horrible thing to be honest when you invest so much time in a game.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
AE GFWL > Steamworks transition details from Capcom: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/05/27/ssfivae-gfwl-to-steamworks-transition

On May 30, 2014, the transition from GFWL to Steamworks will happen, and your GFWL enabled game will still function as normal for the foreseeable future.
You will automatically be able to download the Steamworks version of the game via the Steam client for free. Once you boot up the new version of the game, it will prompt you to copy over your GFWL save data. Select “YES” and you’ll be ready to go!
Nice it's finally happening! :D
Do not really like having a duplicate entry though :/
I'm really surprised they are going to keep the GFWL version until the very end.

I don't think there will be a duplicate entry in your library. There is a private depot in the Steam database for the existing sub, as well as achievements.

You'll likely have to (at best) download a patch on the 30th, or (at worst) redownload the entire game. But it looks like they're replacing the existing GFWL version with the Steamworks version.
Not replacing, the post on Capcpom-Unity mentions that the GFWL version will continue "working as normal" (until GFWL dies I guess)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Glad you didn't quote the whole thing :)

There'd would be too many spoilers for next month if I had, too many spoilers recently.
The Gods Will Be Watching image and recommendation were great.

So, it says I have $12 GMG credit, is this existing credit just added to my PF credit? Or are they separate?

Playfire credit is added to your GMG account. Some of the credit's probably Playfire credit, some of it's probably credit from buying games from GMG.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not replacing, the post on Capcpom-Unity mentions that the GFWL version will continue "working as normal" (until GFWL dies I guess)

I think the post was a little misleading, at least from the clues we already have in the Steam database. I believe it's saying that by saying "the GFWL version will continue working as normal" it means that (until GFWL dies) you can keep playing the GFWL version you bought elsewhere besides Steam, meaning that Steam redemption of that version is optional until the servers shut down.

Otherwise, why would they go through the trouble of porting the achievements over to the existing app, as well as making a private testing branch?

I'm pretty certain that people who already own the game on Steam will see a Steamworks patch on the 30th for the existing app. People who own the game from the GFWL marketplace or retail can still use those copies, but they'll also be able to start redeeming their keys on Steam at that time.

EDIT: After re-reading the article, it sounds like they're going to use the same app but do like Namco did with Ace Combat, where your GFWL save will convert over to a Steamworks cloud save until they're ready to "flip the switch".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well 4 hours later, still no indiegala games, still no reply from my email tosupport either, or on twitter. fun times. instead of the games I have a blank space

2637677-gala.png

Dr Dogg

Watch_Dogs is going have me making that hard decision between pretty game but locked at 30fps or no AA and 50-70fps :(

FTFY

http://i2.minus.com/iHTeSwumxZzS5.jpg[IMG]

Now you can send it to Capcom.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Funnily my copy of Okami on the Wii doesn't have the IGN watermark

[quote="Santiako, post: 113674501"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RMyDkcd.jpg[IMG]

NOW you can send it to Capcom.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they have made some other cock ups in the past. May as well hold back a letter or two and say that they're DLC letters that definitely weren't just ripped from the image.

Lomax

Hm.

Anyone else having a problem with PlayFire not updating their total or just outright giving them an Error 500?

The better question seems to be is anyone not having a problem, because Playfire claims it is only a small portion of people, but as far as anyone can tell, achievement tracking seems to be broken for everyone.

Myshkin

Not sure if the Desura key will work, but hopefully it does.
Enjoy:

Works great. Thanks for Prague Legends.

Been slogging through Agarest generations. Typical Japanese fare. The dialogue is often pointless; presumably it had more impact before it got translated. It's especially irritating how they state something up front, and then spend a bunch of dialogue running through it in detail, but it was all obvious at the start - then at other times someone makes some random irrelevant statement and the response is "so, we must head south". The battle system is fine, but somehow feels slow - although much faster than the battle system of something like FFTactics. If I turn off battle animations, that helps, but it still doesn't make me feel great about it. I usually don't want to turn off battle animations in a first playthrough. Ellis is the only bish in the game with a good attitude apparently, sigh. Even so, it has good wallpaper. Music is not irritating, but repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom