• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
that'll be $15 please

- 4A games

Read aloud by this guy:

AmazingSpidey_04.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Strange, I can't seem to get rid of the Monochroma Demo in the Steam Client library list. It just stays there, mocking me with it's uninspired game play.

Finished Brutal Legend and I only managed to force myself through it because of how short it was to just go through main missions, though it made for some funny plot pacing as major things were just happening one after the other. I just could not stand the combat or whatever those simplified RTS segments were, but I'm glad that's over with.

Li Kao

I think he is referring to his Minus account as being NSFW. He's not lying.
10/10 would browse again.

Things I learned from this :
I recognize some girls, this is bad
Funny to watch someone's centers of interest like this
Is the webcam girl your girlfriend Neoism ? She's cute

Strange, I can't seem to get rid of the Monochroma Demo in the Steam Client library list. It just stays there, mocking me with it's uninspired game play.

Yeah the Don Bradman Cricket Demo has stayed in my Library even though I deleted it a few days ago. Maybe they hang around for a few days/weeks after you delete them now.

The Don Bradman cricket demo does that too, so maybe it is a new bug (by the way that game is just like every other cricket game, ever).

So I started to think what games I may have missed when I was temporary absent from PC Gaming and I was thinking if some of you would like to recommend some sort of "must play" for all those people returning to PC Gaming.

I'd just suggest Bioshock Infinite. Looks really good and every other game you play after will be a pleasing step up. Otherwise my gaming list would end at like 2003 and wouldn't help anybody :|

The_Monk

Thanks for the answers, everyone.

We sort of have a thread like that, though it focuses on newer games as well. It could definitely be more comprehensive than it is.

I'm thinking of a thread on par with the DS recommendations thread.

Thanks will give a look at this thread for something I might have missed on the last 3-5 years or so. :)

I gave a couple of examples to give a general idea. I didn't mentioned Indie games for a reason, because that was almost all that I played for a while in the past or anything regarding modding, just games (like the ones I detailed) that sill hold up based on how they look and play. Also, emulating Little Big Planet and inFAMOUS? I'm not sure...

Authority

Banned
Thanks for the answers, everyone.

Thanks will give a look at this thread for something I might have missed on the last 3-5 years or so. :)

I gave a couple of examples to give a general idea. I didn't mentioned Indie games for a reason, because that was almost all that I played for a while in the past or anything regarding modding, just games (like the ones I detailed) that sill hold up based on how they look and play. Also, emulating Little Big Planet and inFAMOUS? I'm not sure...

Then I can't help you.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I was doing laundry when I suddenly had a sharp pain as if someone recommended Little Big Planet as a game worth playing.

Yet I come in here and find nothing. Weird.

rtcn63

LBP is one of those games that's infinitely more fun for phallus-endeared architects than people who simply like jumping things over other things.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I always liked Little Big Planet. It makes me think of Little Big Adventure, which makes me smile.

Put that as a quote on the GOTY edition along with mine: "It is as if someone stole my list of things I despise in platformers and painstakingly rendered it in vivid and magnificent detail."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I always liked Little Big Planet. It makes me think of Little Big Adventure, which makes me smile.
<3

I just bought LBA for my phone, using the Amazon app store free coins trick that's posted here on GAF. I hope it's based on the PS1 version, which I always liked more than the DOS one.

Grief.exe

Yep, they overhauled the visuals when they moved it to the Dark Athena engine.

I didn't realize just how much they overhauled the visuals until the other day.

Man that second shot really took a long time to load.

I'm hoping to start my playthrough tomorrow so I can participate in your thread.

Minus is really being slow the past couple of days, hopefully it isn't a permanent issue going forward.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It was? I bought it not so long ago, I think, on steam, I mean.

edited: just checked, ya, it seems to be removed.

Chicken Shoot 2 wasn't removed, it just wasn't put up for individual purchase. It's included as part of Chicken Shoot Gold (not that the sub page says as much).

So in July we will be commemorating the fact we have reached the 25th Steam thread on NeoGAF, so I did a tally of all posts counts up to now and would just like to say holy shit JaseC, even you are going to be surprised by the number of times you have posted.

I'm guessing the Steam threads account for about half of my ~41k posts at this point. :p

Tizoc

Simply delete the files.

Where are they installed cuz I installed that thing months ago and forgot their directory since IIRC I had to install some drives or some such ^^;

All this Watch_Dogs talk is making me want to play an open world game.

I'm thinking either Sleeping Dogs, Bully, or San Andreas.

I'm leaning towards the latter as that is one of my top games of all time and I don't think I have played it in 10 years.

I was gonna recommend Sleepy Dawgs, but it's coo, enjoy SA~

My good people, here I was looking at my backlog when I started to think, while many people are joining PC gaming for the first time, many are also returning. It doesn't matter if they are not happy with the new consoles, finally saw the light, the long-term savings, etc. What I was thinking is that for those returning to PC gaming it's important to know that there are many great titles that still hold up. I'm thinking about older titles, let's say from 3-5 years ago (or more) that still manage to look good.

I know that "looking good" is really, really subjective considering that there are all sorts of GAFfers playing on all sorts of specs, monitors and so on but there might be some titles that we can all agree that still can deliver a satisfying experience to the eye as well to the gameplay itself.

Let me give you an example, I remember playing Dirt 2 with a family member on the PS3 back in the day but when I played it last November from start to finish on PC I was amazed at how good it still looks. This game was released in 2009, same with Mirror's Edge and it can look great. Alpha Protocol was released 4 years ago, Fallout 3, Dead Space is from 2008, Crysis and Bioshock are from 2007.

So I started to think what games I may have missed when I was temporary absent from PC Gaming and I was thinking if some of you would like to recommend some sort of "must play" for all those people returning to PC Gaming. The other reason is that I see every now and then newcomers joining the thread for the ultimate gaming experience but I believe that such thing can also happen with older titles because while they can still be very enjoyable they are often forgotten.

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes!
Monk give Killer is Dead a play if you ever get it soon

LittleBigPlanet 2 is one of the best games ever made. Deal!

Is Among the Sleep actually any good outside of the interesting premise? Have never actually looked much into the impressions.

Grief.exe

Where are they installed cuz I installed that thing months ago and forgot their directory since IIRC I had to install some drives or some such ^^

Wherever you left the files. Everything is drag and drop so it's up to you.

Worst case scenario, open up your drives and search for DS4.

All this Watch_Dogs talk is making me want to play an open world game.

I'm thinking either Sleeping Dogs, Bully, or San Andreas.

I'm leaning towards the latter as that is one of my top games of all time and I don't think I have played it in 10 years.

I was gonna recommend Sleepy Dawgs, but it's coo, enjoy SA~

I've already played the hell of Sleeping Dogs. Really the choices were Bully and San Andreas as I haven't ever played the former and it has been a decade since the latter.

Sleeping Dogs' inclusion was just a formality based on how much I enjoyed the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let me re-iterate and fix my post; if the game wasn't First Person View I would've had more interest in it.

Nabs has said it's a lot better since it offers additional options such as using the DS4's touch pad thingy.

What are you, some sort of first person bigot? Racist!

I played through the original A Story About My Uncle and really enjoyed it. The fluidity of the motion in moving around is just really satisfying. I'm looking forward to playing it again in the re-release/expansion thing.

Tizoc

Wherever you left the files. Everything is drag and drop so it's up to you.

Worst case scenario, open up your drives and search for DS4.

I've already played the hell of Sleeping Dogs. Really the choices were Bully and San Andreas as I haven't ever played the former and it has been a decade since the latter.

Sleeping Dogs' inclusion was just a formality based on how much I enjoyed the game.

Got it thanks.
Although you can get Bully to run at 60 FPS, there's a bug or such that causes it to crash during a certain mission/chapter.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

I'm more disappointed that you didn't even consider any of the SR games :(

Let me re-iterate and fix my post; if the game wasn't First Person View I would've had more interest in it.

Nabs has said it's a lot better since it offers additional options such as using the DS4's touch pad thingy.

In theory, you should only have to delete your DS4Tool directory (if desired) and then follow whatever setup process the new DS4Windows uses to get the software part up and running. Since you're not using the (best) Scarlet Crush DS3 (and DS4) service, there's nothing that should've been installed period, other than the device drivers for x360 controller and such and you'd need those for DS4Windows or any other SCP DS3 service derivative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom