• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

I'm getting Steam adverts on Neogaf while browsing the Steam thread.

EBjRWci.jpg

Your tracking cookies betray you (or at least I think that's what those end up doing)

derExperte

Did anybody snag up a extra Warlock 2 key? :(

I have a spare.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warlock 2 - Superexpensivemagestuffedition - MB-FAA4B9DFB30FDCF5 - Taken by Falexandre. 33 entrants total.

t1398915161z1.png

Yeah I guess it's the problem, but the truth is that it's the first false positive I get in a lot of years.

Avira wasn't very good for a while but the recent versions have improved a lot afaik.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Steam definitely screwed family sharing up, it de-authroized all my shares I discovered. Had to request authorization again by attempting to launch a shareable game I've already downloaded

MUnited83

For you.
I have a spare.

Avira wasn't very good for a while but the recent versions have improved a lot afaik.

Crossing mah fingers! If there is anyone who got it and is willing to sell it for like 7$paypal, please send me a PM. Was really interested on this, sucks I got here too late.

Good thing I grabbed 3 extra copies when I did. :) It has cards too.

Good luck everyone. I'm off to drink some beer.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warlock 2: The Exiled: Great Mage Edition -- MB-DCDD1D540B42F84E - Taken by The_Monk. 24 entrants total.

t1398915386z1.png

Maddocks

Good ol steam. Since I'm now getting back into pc games and streaming, its good to know i will have plenty of games to choose from.

Bluth54

You can disable DLC on games as of the latest beta client.

ifwdin8eKwyH7.png

That's a really cool new feature. Most of the time I'll use DLC but if there is a preorder bonus that gives you an advantage typically I wont want that to be enabled in my game.

Also it's a good way to make downloads smaller for people with data caps who don't want all the DLC.

Nzyme32

Steam definitely screwed family sharing up, it de-authroized all my shares I discovered. Had to request authorization again by attempting to launch a shareable game I've already downloaded

Switch out of the beta of you are in it, switch into the beta if you are out of it

The_Monk

Still no price on GRID Autosport. Hope they update that soon as well some pre-order incentives with Tiers. I'm almost sure they will do that. Perhaps the first GRID for free and some DLC with some cars.

Also, for those interested, the game will have a Free Texture Pack (I'm sorry if old, didn't check the last thread)

"Thought you'd like to know that we plan on releasing a high resolution texture pack. Due to the size of the files it doesn't quite fit on the disk so we're going to offering it up as a free download from launch day.

It's a 5gb download but will boost the car textures up to 4k resolution.

We have little dashboard reflections. In head cam you can see reflections on the windscreen, something we'd never be able to afford to do on consoles without breaking our fps performance limit. In the past we wouldn't have done features like that but now we're thinking we can do it on PC. Better lighting and things like that. Little bits in lots of places.”

This is actually really good news, GRID 2 already looked very impressive to be honest so I can't wait to see how this will look.

EDIT: It seems it may be up for pre-order on May 16th.

zkylon

zkylewd
wall of shame, nicee

hyped for transistor

still upset there's no "who is the person on jasec's avatar" in the faq

Miguel81

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Papa & Yo -- MB-37398AF0A4A9C1EA - Taken by TuckingFypo
Joe Danger 2:The Movie -- MB-DEB3A5F686102976 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
To the Moon -- MB-00894E2E6E6F6D02 - Taken by HalfwayOrb - Taken by HalfwayOrb
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-2BC2402089E733CC - Taken by arts&crafts

Pick what you want and enjoy!

According to this thread, you should get a key. It might take a while, of course. The version of the game on Steam is an upgraded version.

If you read towards the end of that thread, there's described the roundabout way to get the key that's the only way to get it via Indie Royale so far.

Steps are:
- have the bundle registered with Desura
- load up the Desura client (even though you'll be going to a web page, it needs to be done through the client and not a web browser)
- go to the Gifts page, and then your Collection page
- look for the Croixleur line, then click the Keys link
- a popup should then give you the option to get your Steam key

... unless they run out of keys like they did earlier, in which case wait some more I guess. So it's way more convoluted than it should be, but still possible. Worked when I went through the steps earlier today in any case.

Grief.exe

I'm still not able to turn off the DS4 without activating Big Picture mode!

Even when holding R1 + R2 and then the power button.

Aaron D.

So tell me about State of Decay, SteamGAF.

I've passed on a few sales, but for some reason just got this big hankering for some solo zombie-survival sandboxing.

Did SoD (lol) port well to PC? I remember enjoying the demo on 360 way back when, but also understood that the game/code was buckling under its own weight, killing performance on the console.

Does State of Decay fare better on Steam? I know I should wait for a sale or something, but I'm feeling rarely frivolous tonight.

Thanks!

So tell me about State of Decay, SteamGAF.

I've passed on a few sales, but for some reason just got this big hankering for some solo zombie-survival sandboxing.

Did SoD (lol) port well to PC? I remember enjoying the demo on 360 way back when, but also understood that the game/code was buckling under its own weight, killing performance on the console.

Does State of Decay fare better on Steam? I know I should wait for a sale or something, but I'm feeling rarely frivolous tonight.

Thanks!

I haven't had any problems with it technically and my computer is crap, its pretty fun too for meaningless zombie killing, pick it up in the sale! (thats what I did)

koolaroo

Still working through my steam library. I played Archon:Classic for about an hour. It was pretty enjoyable though rather simple. Apparently it has local multiplayer so I'll have to try that out with a friend.

Yay thanks, dante81
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-BB6FBE2C0E144AEB - Taken by koolaroo. 2 entrants total.

t1398906748z1.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Why would you refuse to play such a fantastic bit of DLC? I wouldn't want to play without devil beggars, super secret rooms, angel rooms, curse rooms and the boss challenge room.

I would buy a DLC that completely removes the goddamn Mask+Heart enemy from the game, though.
Ah I definitely intend to play it with the DLC later, but I haven't even started vanilla BoI yet. When I bought the game most people suggested keeping the DLC in my inventory instead of playing the game for the first time with it activated, and since there was no way to turn it off I decided to follow the advice.

I like to think the DLC disabling featuring is all thanks to Sleeping Dogs.

probably also for those who bought the saints row 3 pack before THQ just simply took out the bloodsucker pack (as it moreorless ruined the game) instead of trying to fix it at all. No idea if there was a workaround prior to this as I bought the pack after they took it out

Aaron D.

A lot of the DLC broke the game, making it completely unbalanced in the player's favor and sucking the gameplay fun/challenge away.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Free customizable 16GB Moto X (obviously not Steam, but you will receive a link and PIN) -- MB-4A5E9625B4A9B76B - Taken by Lain. 80 entrants total.

t1398917684z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Free customizable 16GB Moto X (obviously not Steam, but you will receive a link and PIN) -- MB-4A5E9625B4A9B76B

t1398917684z1.png

What the fudge.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
One could argue that if you're playing Sleeping Dogs for the challenge you're doing it wrong

Varg

Banned
Steam community section always a steaming pile of shit? First time trying to download some mods for skyrim and its taking upwards to ten minutes to load the workshop, sometimes even locking up. Rest of steam is fine.

Miker

Rules for this Giveaway:

Free customizable 16GB Moto X (obviously not Steam, but you will receive a link and PIN) -- MB-4A5E9625B4A9B76B

t1398917684z1.png

tellmemore.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom