• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, going to give this a go. First time doing a giveaway...i think I did it right:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Shadows Army of Evil -- MB-797A78D472CDD564 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 8 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-033F2B45709FD69C - Taken by BadAss2961. 2 entrants total.
Gun Monkey -- MB-BBC12D9767F501DE - Taken by En Ex. 1 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-8757BCFA009C976D - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.

t1398920923z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Been too long since a big Steam sale.
People are going stir crazy.

To be fair, there are probably 50+ games on sale every week on Steam, and if you then include another 35-50 games that are in bundles at any given time and then consider maybe a few dozen games on sale that redeem on Steam but are on sale on GMG, GG, Amazon, Humble Store, etc... there are probably more games on sale in the run of a non-sale week these days than there were during a major sale event in 2008-2009. Plus, with cards, even at 50-75 cents a game, you probably have an effective 10+% discount added on top of all the games you're buying at 75%+ off to begin with.

Turfster

To be fair, there are probably 50+ games on sale every week on Steam, and if you then include another 35-50 games that are in bundles at any given time and then consider maybe a few dozen games on sale that redeem on Steam but are on sale on GMG, GG, Amazon, Humble Store, etc... there are probably more games on sale in the run of a non-sale week these days than there were during a major sale event in 2008-2009. Plus, with cards, even at 50-75 cents a game, you probably have an effective 10+% discount added on top of all the games you're buying at 75%+ off to begin with.

True, but the whole place takes on a different kind of buzz, a charged atmosphere of excitement at sale thread time. Possibly the real world events happening at those times and the things surrounding them are a big factor too, but you can't deny sales are still something special, even though we pretty much all already have everything that goes on sale anyway ;)

Another factor might be the 4? 5? disappointing Humble main bundles in a row.

Einbroch

Banned
Risk of Rain is pretty fun! I kind of wish there was some permanence between runs, but what's there was totally worth the $3.

adaen

To be honest Steam threads at sale time aren't much fun. They're moving way too fast to follow them properly. I like to read the Steam thread as a after-work routine to be updated on everything regarding PC gaming and 30+ new pages in a few hours are so overwhelming that I often skip these threads alltogether.

styl3s

To be honest Steam threads at sale time aren't much fun. They're moving way too fast to follow them properly. I like to read the Steam thread as a after-work routine to be updated on everything regarding PC gaming and 30+ new pages in a few hours are so overwhelming that I often skip these threads alltogether.
The chaos is great though.

Every day soon as the dailies roll in we get 3 pages of WTF AT THE PRICES and then another 3 pages of these sales suck, i already own these games, when are they gonna put X on sale.

Caerith

The chaos is great though.

Every day soon as the dailies roll in we get 3 pages of WTF AT THE PRICES and then another 3 pages of these sales suck, i already own these games, when are they gonna put X on sale.

70% "wait for the dailies" by volume.

maty

zY6Pzzr.png

BmgXMxbCcAALuIA.jpg:large

motherfucker

That looks great. I wish I could transfer my steam games to play on PSVita and not have to buy everything again. (NOTE: I do not own a Vita yet, I'm on #team3DS for the time being)

Just noticed ibb & obb in the "Coming Soon" section. I've had my eye on that since it was originally released.

Added to my ever-growing wishlist. Have it on ps3 thanks to ps+ suscription, haven't played it yet. xD

Cth

Awesome, I won the 10 dollar game!

I will pm you, cth. Thanks for the generous giveaway!

No problem, sent a friend request your way and bought a copy for you.

Risk of Rain's an awesome choice, more people need to play it :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Yep, and you just described the reason why the last two years of sales have been "disappointing." Everything's always on sale now.

Backlogger

Been so busy at work haven't checked in lately. New thread! I know its already 5/1 somewhere, but its still the 30th here. Does that mean I am posting into the future?

MAV looks really interesting. Looking forward to seeing where that goes in Early Access. Mech games always intrigue me but I never seem to really get into any of the ones I have tried. I like that this one will have a single player mode.

GaussTek

Yep, still 30th over here too :p But glad there's a new thread already.

BTW, another month has passed, and Pier Solar HD hasn't been released :(

Jawmuncher

header_292x136.jpg

Holy Shit someone on the team couldn't make a banner better than that?
They literally just grabbed a screenshot and used MSpaint with that font type and slapped it up there.

Regardless of that traveling is going well. Just a lot of work until I get to where i'm going.

styl3s

Yep, still 30th over here too :p But glad there's a new thread already.

BTW, another month has passed, and Pier Solar HD hasn't been released :(
Hola-hola-hola-hola hold up.. Pier Solar, the RPG that was released on Genesis/Mega Drive a couple years back is coming to PC? First i learn Killer is Dead is coming now this? I am out of touch.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
header_292x136.jpg

They literally just grabbed a screenshot and used MSpaint with that font type and slapped it up there.

Regardless of that traveling is going well. Just a lot of work until I get to where i'm going.

268x268.resizedimage

This was the art that was used for the game when it was on Greenlight.

GaussTek

Hola-hola-hola-hola hold up.. Pier Solar, the RPG that was released on Genesis/Mega Drive a couple years back is coming to PC? First i learn Killer is Dead is coming now this? I am out of touch.

Yeah, and it's coming to consoles too (PS3, PS4, X360, XB1, Wii U, etc).

It got greenlit a while ago, and it was supposed to come out in late March, but it was delayed. Devs were targeting a late April release, but I guess they need more time :( Oh well, have more than enough stuff to play before it releases...

Jawmuncher

hey it worked in 1998 for blizzard

I beat Hate Plus by the way. Liked it a lot more than the first game.
Didn't bother making a cake though. I just lied to me AI, eh she won't know the difference anyway. Her route I think was the most enjoyable though. Misha's just kinda crashed and burned with how it went. Harem route was fun near the end though and the closing song was fun. Still really liked just how they showed off the 2 different angles of how people can feel about gender roles and everything else.

styl3s

header_292x136.jpg

I went to go look at this ridiculous looking game on steam only to find out i somehow own this game. Must of been part of some bundle.

Yeah, and it's coming to consoles too (PS3, PS4, X360, XB1, Wii U, etc).

It got greenlit a while ago, and it was supposed to come out on March, but got delayed. Devs were targeting a late April release, but I guess they need more time :( Oh well, have more than enough stuff to play before it releases...
Glad it's coming to PC and newer consoles because i really wanted to play it but can't justify $50 on it.

Wow, a phone giveaway. Modbot is getting weird, but in a good way maybe.
I'm waiting for that RV giveaway so i can retire and go cross country.

zkylon

zkylewd
I beat Hate Plus by the way. Liked it a lot more than the first game.
Didn't bother making a cake though. I just lied to me AI, eh she won't know the difference anyway. Her route I think was the most enjoyable though. Misha's just kinda crashed and burned with how it went. Harem route was fun near the end though and the closing song was fun. Still really liked just how they showed off the 2 different angles of how people can feel about gender roles and everything else.
cool, glad you liked it

now you gotta at least go buy a cake and eat it

zkylon

zkylewd
I do have to make it up to her somehow.
it's the least you can do, eat some cake

it's still cool how it forces you to lie to them if you don't want to make the cake

like you can lie a bit and get caught and it's all cool (i've tried that too), but eventually you know you can get away with it if you just wait a while and then you gotta live with that consequence. like real you, not get a -10 relationship points!, just you know, you.

i think that sort of thing is what really makes me love clove's games, they've all made me feel like i was getting relationship points irl rather than in-game, and that's not a feeling i get often in games. though i'm probably a lot less cold about this shit than most people

Jawmuncher

it's the least you can do, eat some cake

it's still cool how it forces you to lie to them if you don't want to make the cake

like you can lie a bit and get caught and it's all cool (i've tried that too), but eventually you know you can get away with it if you just wait a while and then you gotta live with that consequence. like real you, not get a -10 relationship points!, just you know, you.

i think that sort of thing is what really makes me love clove's games, they've all made me feel like i was getting relationship points irl rather than in-game, and that's not a feeling i get often in games. though i'm probably a lot less cold about this shit than most people

I can understand stand that. I felt the same way and it's why the AI dialog was easily the best part of the game in the end. I had the same sort of feelings when I played DTIPBIJAYS. Really looking forward to her next game since it will be a more typical VN experience and i'm interested in what she'll do with it to give it that sort of feeling again.

Lain

I contacted the user who generated the giveaway (typically I don't snoop on anonymous stuff, but I was confused enough here that I figured I'd follow it up) and he or she remarked that "pretty sure it's US only" and "it was a christmas thing from my company".

I didn't know it was US only when I entered. Could you remove my entry?

Feep

Banned
Does Child of Light have Cloud Saves? Sometimes it's listed as a feature on the storefront, but sometimes that stuff is wrong.

Realtalk though, it's so easy to implement. It makes me mad when other devs don't do it. Sometimes I wanna play at work! = (

Grief.exe

I had to recheck the thread title to make sure I wasn't in the wrong thread. Wtf is going on here.

Anyways, I'm getting a lot of summoning failures in DS2 tonight -- I don't suppose this is a universal Steam server issue right now?

I think it is due to the shear amount of people online at once. When you have 50,000 people all playing the same few areas, it can get a bit crammed.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can understand stand that. I felt the same way and it's why the AI dialog was easily the best part of the game in the end. I had the same sort of feelings when I played DTIPBIJAYS. Really looking forward to her next game since it will be a more typical VN experience and i'm interested in what she'll do with it to give it that sort of feeling again.
yea don't take it personally was really cool, tho my least favorite of all of hers

digital actually hit me pretty hard, just grabbed it on a rainy day and beat it in one sitting and went places T_T

the feels were real T_T

dunno about her new game tho, i'll 100% play it but dunno how to put it, it seems like a bit too "commercial".

Jawmuncher

yea don't take it personally was really cool, tho my least favorite of all of hers

digital actually hit me pretty hard, just grabbed it on a rainy day and beat it in one sitting and went places T_T

the feels were real T_T

dunno about her new game tho, i'll 100% play it but dunno how to put it, it seems like a bit too "commercial".

Digital was my gateway to other VNs as well as DTIPB. Digital really grabbed me and didn't let go until I had finished playing it. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt with her new game. I'll be playing it but I think she's trying to use that more "commercial" angle to try and get whatever the message is with that game to more people.

Anony

awesome that someone is giving away a moto x
it should be unlocked if bought from online, so check if it has the same band frequency as your carrier (i think it should support all unless it doesn't have AWS)
and it's most definitely US only (else i would have entered, so jelly)

zkylon

zkylewd
Digital was my gateway to other VNs as well as DTIPB. Digital really grabbed me and didn't let go until I had finished playing it. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt with her new game. I'll be playing it but I think she's trying to use that more "commercial" angle to try and get whatever the message is with that game to more people.
might be, i don't always agree with what she has to say (like the whole don't take it personally thing about being open on social media is kinda weird) but i love that she finds ways to say it thru games

i'm just happy we get to pay her to make these games. like it's nice that shit like depression quest and digital and every day the same dream exist but it's sad that they don't get "real games" legitimacy just cos they're free. it's also sad that if you want to make a game about a more human theme you can't charge money for your game

DocSeuss

Hm. Entirely sure I won't win the Moto X, but it does make me curious: what's a good way to get an android device with upgradeable memory for fairly cheap? Mine's dying, and I'm going to lose my mind if I have to go without a touchscreen device for long.

Ptaaty

Do I buy Prison Architect?

People give it good reviews even in Alpha and it is by far the cheapest I've seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom