• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just a little surprised at the initial impression Half-Life made on me, given the level of acclaim the series gets on the whole. I play very few FPS games anyway, but if Half-Life had been my introduction to the genre then I'm not sure I'd have been inclined to stick it out (though I do plan to play it to completion now).

I will be taking a good long break before attempting Half-Life 2, I think.

The same is true of every genre. Well not RPGs or strategy and the great shooters of that era have more depth than pretty much all modern ...

But online card games. So much better these days.

That avatar makes you look kind of sad.

That must have been in a scene where Harry beat Draco Malfoy once again...

Also steam is back.

Orayn

i66LGvj.png

I need to beat Smelter Demon, Steam...

Grief.exe

Wow, Dark Souls 2 likes to screw me. I can't get all the miracles now, at least not on this playthrough. :

Apparently you need to go to NG++ to acquire all the spells. Some of the covenant grinds are a real hassle otherwise.

Didn't ask why this is the case. I would imagine in NG++ you just join the covenant and they give you the spells they previously his behind ranks.

Were you planning on getting to Rank 3 in the Blue Sentinels? Because the alternative requires multiple playthroughs anyways.

Yeah, I know... but it's frustrating as hell when you're about to finish the requirements to get the Soothing Sunlight miracle and it ends in a double KO. You get nothing and the requirement is now unattainable until NG+. This happened with that damn cage full of exploding zombies that drop the Wanderer gear in The Lost Bastille too. :\

Maybe not as frustrating as those effing chests on the lava in Iron Keep... but still...

Apparently you need to go to NG++ to acquire all the spells. Some of the covenant grinds are a real hassle otherwise.

Didn't ask why this is the case. I would imagine in NG++ you just join the covenant and they give you the spells they previously his behind ranks.

Wellager will sell you the Rank 2/3 miracles/pyromancies instead of having to win 500 encounters for each covenant.

One thing that's nice here is that your progress with a covenant doesn't reset if you leave it. I can confirm this for the covenant of the bell at least. :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

No a merchant takes pity on you after two playthroughs and says fuck it and sells them to you. Why? Because From B team is the worst thing on the planet!!!!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This needs its own thread. Incompetence. There goes my alpha testing time as well as gaming time with my friend who was eager to get back into DayZ tonight.

Do we have a Steam maintenance or down time thread? It's by far the most inconsistent between PSN and XBL. Those 2 services are rock solid compared to Steam.

Yeah, I know... but it's frustrating as hell when you're about to finish the requirements to get the Soothing Sunlight miracle and it ends in a double KO. You get nothing and the requirement is now unattainable until NG+. This happened with that damn cage full of exploding zombies that drop the Wanderer gear in The Lost Bastille too. :

Wait is the wanderer gear supposed to be special or something? That was the set I
gave away to unlock the shaded woods.

Card Boy

Banned
Someone post me a Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure title suggestion for the OT

Tizoc had

Tesla Effect OT My last game? So long ago I don't remember My next? I never plan ahed

i had

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure |OT| Under a Mean Martian Directive Overseer

hlhbk

This needs its own thread. Incompetence. There goes my alpha testing time as well as gaming time with my friend who was eager to get back into DayZ tonight.

Do we have a Steam maintenance or down time thread? It's by far the most inconsistent between PSN and XBL. Those 2 services are rock solid compared to Steam.

Oh really?

Playstation Network Hack

Funny I can't remember the last time Steam was down for 24 days?

hlhbk

You do have a point, but that doesn't completely invalidate his either.

Not really he doesn't. Its a fact of life online services will be down time to time. Everyone should know that before deciding to become a customer of that service. When Steam is down it's not that long its down.

Chronoja

Someone post me a Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure title suggestion for the OT

Tizoc had

Tesla Effect OT My last game? So long ago I don't remember My next? I never plan ahed

i had

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure |OT| Under a Mean Martian Directive Overseer

Shocking Revelations Ahead.

or something to that effect.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Drove home from work and got rear-ended by some a-hole who tried to buy me off with drugs. *groan*

Now, Steam is down. #NotTheBestFridayNight #RealLifeTalk

IamAwake

Seem to be having an issue lately with Steam... None of my games launch... They sometimes appear and then crash or dont launch at all. While others are stuck in background processes of Windows... Should I completely reinstall Steam...?

Tizoc had

i had

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure |OT| Hiya Moyff, what's new?

Seem to be having an issue lately with Steam... None of my games launch... They sometimes appear and then crash or dont launch at all. While others are stuck in background processes of Windows... Should I completely reinstall Steam...?

Nah. Shit's broke. Need to play the waiting game.

Tellaerin

Oh really?

Playstation Network Hack

Funny I can't remember the last time Steam was down for 24 days?

At this point I'm ready to trade a 24 day outage followed by extended uptime afterward for all this up-and-down crap we've been dealing with lately. It's turning into a regular thing now, not just the occasional isolated incident. I'd really like to know what the heck's going on over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom