• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Apparently I still need 470 cards to drop. Time to idle!

If on average they sell for 10 cents, that's $47. It'll soften the blow of all those bundle purchases.

If you idle all those games now, you'll be missing out on potential, $0.10 in Playfire rewards.

Also your avatar is causing me all kinds of discomfort.

Chaos-legion_Wallpaper_mn87.jpg

I think you're confused, Capcom hasn't released that game on Steam despite it having a PC ver. ;)

EDIT: Oh my bad it IS on sale, last I checked it, it didn't have a discount heh.

Seeing a giant banner of Chaos Legion on a Steam thread and finding out that it was a mistake is doing all kinds of things to my heart.

rtcn63

I think I beat Chaos Legion on PS2. Was it the one where you summoned creatures to fight alongside you? I remember Thanatos fuckin' shit up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good change, I'm sure you'll lose a few loonies who don't trust the plugin without some asinine approval process but I feel like that's the best road to take to keep both plugins as neck and neck as possible.

Yeah, hopefully now I can keep the Firefox version much more up to date. :)

Welcome to the pinball party, one of the best times you can have on Steam I believe. Just as a friendly tip, do try to learn what the "missions" are in each game as they do give high amount of points when accomplished.

If you need help, here are guides to the various tables. https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...in-s-Table-Guides-for-PFX2-amp-Marvel-Pinball

Thank you for the tip and the link, I can already complete most of the missions from Sorceress Lair but I still need to get my reflexes trained to send the to where it needs.

StAidan

Still on my first ever playthrough of Half-Life. Is it just me, or did the game get a lot more interesting about halfway through? I kind of had to force myself through the experience, and really slowed down during the On a Rail chapter. I felt bored. But working my way through Surface Tension now, I just feel like the gameplay action finally picked up starting a couple chapters ago (Apprehension).

I just find it a little strange that the parts of the game that have caught my attention are rear-loaded. Even the introductory chapters I felt were kind of bland.

MUnited83

For you.
Got Amazing Spider-Man DLC, Timeshift, Singularity, the Transformers games, Gun, Cabela’s® African Adventures+ Trophy Bucks. All this for less than 30$. Feels good :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (or whatever) is such a huge leap over Star Wars: Dark Forces that it's worth the fiddling and adjustment. Jedi Knight isn't just another Doom clone, you're not roaming through these mostly horizontal corridor levels where everything is just a primitive 2D sprite constrained to the camera. It's fully 3D, you can now swap in and out of third and first person on the fly, there's native full mouselook and this impacted the level and encounter design in ways it just couldn't Dark Forces. The levels are absolutely huge and, so far, the overall design seems a lot less convoluted than some of Dark Forces levels. They're pretty barren because, well, early 3D.

The FMV cutscenes with integrated CG crack me up. They are pretty cheese but they're also kinda well done.
Also better than the new trilogy.
Man, that game is SO good. It's true, lightsaber combat is extremely basic, and Force powers aren't too well implemented (you can get damaged after using Force jump; I could never understand the power indicator/bar), but the game is incredibly fun anyway.

I remember being too lazy to change discs when the game asked it (on level 9), and so I discovered that if I pressed OK without doing so it would still let me play up until the next level, where it wouldn't continue unless I inserted disc 2. To this day I still have no idea what was the reason for that, but it was a nice surprise, and it felt like I was being smarter than the game.

Miker

Still on my first ever playthrough of Half-Life. Is it just me, or did the game get a lot more interesting about halfway through? I kind of had to force myself through the experience, and really slowed down during the On a Rail chapter. I felt bored. But working my way through Surface Tension now, I just feel like the gameplay action finally picked up starting a couple chapters ago (Apprehension).

I just find it a little strange that the parts of the game that have caught my attention are rear-loaded. Even the introductory chapters I felt were kind of bland.

On A Rail is kind of awful. And yeah, I think the earlier chapters are perhaps a bit too focused on puzzle solving (hunting down buttons A/B/C and pressing them). Then again, it's still a much better paced game than Half-Life 2, if you ask me (Highway 17 boo!).

Tellaerin

Then again, it's still a much better paced game than Half-Life 2, if you ask me (Highway 17 boo!).

I just finished Half-Life 2 for the first time last week. The driving and boat sequences were both about twice as long as they needed to be, IMO. Though looking back on it now, I think the way those sequences just seemed to stretch out forever actually contributed to the slightly surreal, almost dreamlike atmosphere the game had.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Of all times to go down. Call it what you want but this is worse and more consistently down than PSN or XBL.

Good friend goes to Europe for business and we dropped DayZ for 2 weeks. Comes back on and not even 15 minutes later Steam's down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What happened to that port Vanquish/Bayonetta/and others I don't remember to PC petition? Was it unsuccessful?

It's an ongoing effort. Sega's encouraged people to keep making their voices heard, which is ostensibly a good sign.

StAidan

On A Rail is kind of awful. And yeah, I think the earlier chapters are perhaps a bit too focused on puzzle solving (hunting down buttons A/B/C and pressing them). Then again, it's still a much better paced game than Half-Life 2, if you ask me (Highway 17 boo!).

I was just a little surprised at the initial impression Half-Life made on me, given the level of acclaim the series gets on the whole. I play very few FPS games anyway, but if Half-Life had been my introduction to the genre then I'm not sure I'd have been inclined to stick it out (though I do plan to play it to completion now).

I will be taking a good long break before attempting Half-Life 2, I think.

chixdiggit

I was just a little surprised at the initial impression Half-Life made on me, given the level of acclaim the series gets on the whole. I play very few FPS games anyway, but if Half-Life had been my introduction to the genre then I'm not sure I'd have been inclined to stick it out (though I do plan to play it to completion now).

I will be taking a good long break before attempting Half-Life 2, I think.

You need to remember that Half Life is 16 years old.

Miker

I just finished Half-Life 2 for the first time last week. The driving and boat sequences were both about twice as long as they needed to be, IMO. Though looking back on it now, I think the way those sequences just seemed to stretch out forever actually contributed to the slightly surreal, almost dreamlike atmosphere the game had.

Oh yeah, the boat part too. So much underwater barrel stacking in that sequence. What was Valve thinking? (I know, I know, new physics engine ooh ahh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom