• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

Genki, thanx for Satazius!
tumblr_mgkyktZqmE1qlixiuo5_r1_250.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 -- MB-4ECF45103C0B061F - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 9 entrants total.

t1401383515z1.png

Parsnip

I just started up depressurizer for the first time to do some category management, so what's the deal with the GameID's that have no game name associated with them? Some of them are prototypes so they don't have store pages, is that why they don't show names?

And what's the deal with unknown apps like this? http://steamdb.info/app/285290/subs/

Anteater

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-46D1860553E0BA92 - Taken by Exuro. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-6558C882A9B2D7F4
Dear Esther -- MB-FBEBF4075833A52C - Taken by KiDdYoNe. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-E13C57A40B39FD50
Ether Vapor -- MB-89285130580B3CF8 - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.

t1401383676z1.png

they're all links so hope they work >.>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jared-padalecki-jensen-ackles-gif.gif

Holy shit...I actually won Transistor. Fine...fine

Ill stop playing Marvel Heroes for a few days then, fine! God

Huge thanks Trailmix, one of the few games I was actually eyeing that might make me stop playing Marvel

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just started up depressurizer for the first time to do some category management, so what's the deal with the GameID's that have no game name associated with them? Some of them are prototypes so they don't have store pages, is that why they don't show names?

I wouldn't think so. The names that are displayed are the those of the app themselves rather than those used on the store.

And what's the deal with unknown apps like this? http://steamdb.info/app/285290/subs/

Newly-submitted apps don't broadcast their actual name by default any more -- they're private, in other words. In the past each new app would have the default name of ValveTestAppXXXXX (XXXXX being the app id), however this meant that app name changes would be publicly recorded and so every now and again a release would leak ahead of time.

legacyzero

Banned
I really hope Enterbrain is working on a new RPG Maker. VX Ace can be great, but the unessecary limitations that it comes with for modern day games really hinders it from being something amazing. Like limiting your game to 480p.

Li Kao

Daily Scribblenauts Unmasked 75% off
Weekend
  • Europa Universalis 75% off
  • RPGMaker VX Ace Free Weekend
  • Payday 2 67% off Free Weekend

A free weekend without discount ? Is that a thing ? I have had the itch to try this for some time, but at full price it's a nope. And I'm polite.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I really hope Enterbrain is working on a new RPG Maker. VX Ace can be great, but the unessecary limitations that it comes with for modern day games really hinders it from being something amazing. Like limiting your game to 480p.

You can actually go above 480p with some meddling, but it would be nice if the engine would naturally support it.

KarmaCow

God damn it I just spent 2 keys on Payday 2 dlc a few weeks ago. I didn't think they would have another sale before the summer sale.

KiDdYoNe

Scribblenauts Unmasked 75% off....................
NOPE. Gonna wait till summer sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Scribblenauts Unmasked 75% off....................
NOPE. Gonna wait till summer sale.

but it wont go lower than that in the summer sale. in fact, one could argue it could actually go higher, it has happened lol
assuming you want the game of course

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
lol rhaknar,

my favorite poster, and winner of all of my giveaways. what the hell.

Well deserved, he has given away so much stuff

Scribblenauts Unmasked is worth getting (if i do not comic book lover) ? Or just more the same?

Not much different from Unlimited but they incorporated almost the entire DCU and the game can be actually challenging this time due to some additions to the gameplay.

Authority

Banned
A very basic first look at the new Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament Deathmatch - First Play

This video appears to be the first footage of the new Unreal Tournament game in action. This is the Unreal Tournament that will be free on PC (Windows & Mac) and Linux, and developed with the community. It was only announced earlier this month.

The footage is of a very early build - the level is a texture-less arena with boxes - but does feature the one and only Shock Rifle in action. This shoots a purple beam that instantly reaches a target (or it shoots a blob that doesn't), making it the instagib - one-hit kill - weapon of choice.

The new Shock Rifle doesn't recoil yet, but it zaps and blobs in this deathmatch game just fine. There's no release date for the new Unreal Tournament game but Epic Games hopes to have something playable this year. In the video, community manager Stacey Conley said: "We're rolling here, so we'll be getting the game out to everybody soon and we're really excited."

Harmonix lays off 37 staffers, replaces CEO

Rock Band and Dance Central developer Harmonix has laid off 37 full-time employees, the Massachusetts-bases studio has revealed.

Furthermore, the studio's CEO, Alex Rigopulos is stepping down from his role, but will remain part of the management team. Former head of publishing and business operations, Steve Janiak, will replace him.

"Harmonix is in the process of restructuring our organisation to bring it into alignment with our current and future product development plans. Unfortunately, this means making the difficult decision to reduce the number of full-time staff," the developer said in a statement to Eurogamer on the issue. "We sincerely appreciate the work of each and every one of these employees. Harmonix is working to ensure that those affected are well taken care of as we make this change."

The developer confirmed that this restructuring won't affect development on any titles currently in production - such as Fantasia Music Evolved, Amplitude, Record Run, or Chroma - and the studio has projects for consoles, mobile devices and PC in its pipeline.

One might think that these layoffs are related to Microsoft removing Kinect as a requirement for the Xbox One, which will no doubt limit Fantasia's potential audience, but Harmonix was adamant that the two occurrences are unrelated.

Elsewhere in Harmonix news, it looks like the developer is "substantial retooling" its upcoming music-based FPS Chroma, according to an internal document sent to testers and obtained by Kotaku.

"We think there are some very successful mechanics and systems in the existing build," the message stated. "The team has, in fact, already started prototyping new directions for the game based on those successful mechanics. We look forward to sharing more with you down the line, as Chroma evolves in new directions."

Credits to Eurogamer

Dusk Golem

The RPG Maker VX Free Weekend without a discount is a bit odd, or maybe it will have a discount later in? Whatever the case,

I mean, RPG Maker s one of those engines where if you really put your mind to it you could make a short game in a few days, and I understand being able to test a tool (like the before-hand other free game engine weekend) is worthwhile, but the lack of a sale just confuses me, especially as RPG Maker VX Ace has been 75% off on a few occasions.

KiDdYoNe

but it wont go lower than that in the summer sale. in fact, one could argue it could actually go higher, it has happened lol
assuming you want the game of course

Still have previous one and no spare money since Ubisoft fucked all of us with tied keys for WD :D

legacyzero

Banned
You can actually go above 480p with some meddling, but it would be nice if the engine would naturally support it.

You can, but it's a pain in the ass, and the T&C's don't allow for messing with the source code of the engine. I did A LOT of googling trying to tweak it.

Li Kao

From the Steam news feed :
"You can use RPG Maker VX Ace for FREE starting now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time. You can also pickup RPG Maker VX Ace at 75% off the regular price!"

So it would appear Steam is just slow to update.

Rhaknar

so if I understand correctly, ANY spell in transistor can be both a active or a passive spell correct? and you can mix and match in 467million ways?

Exuro

ModBot said:
Instructions for Exuro:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-B958B6D79FA28A93 - Taken by Li Kao

Dusk Golem

From the Steam news feed :
You can use RPG Maker VX Ace for FREE starting now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time. You can also pickup RPG Maker VX Ace at 75% off the regular price!*

So it would appear Steam is just slow to update.

Ahh, that's good to know and I thought might be the case. Then I have no problem with this, as I said if people want to meddle around with the program to see if they like it or not. Some really good tutorials online, and the engine comes with pre-built stuff you can freely use if you're a casual. I kid, I kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom