• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is there a steam sale going on :O

There are indeed sales going on. Every day in Steamland there are sales. Lots of savings, yes. Usually over 100 things on sale at once, every day.

You can check out these amazing deals by clicking the 'specials' section of your main Steam webpage in either the client or a browser.

However, if you mean a big Steam Sale, then no, there is not one going on currently.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bethesda's little grace period for Wolf14 + Doom beta has come to an end. Buying the game now will net you just Wolf14 itself.

There are indeed sales going on. Every day in Steamland there are sales. Lots of savings, yes. Usually over 100 things on sale at once, every day.

You can check out these amazing deals by clicking the 'specials' section of your main Steam webpage in either the client or a browser.

However, if you mean a big Steam Sale, then no, there is not one going on currently.
Bookmark this link for easier access to the specials.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Price&sort_order=ASC&specials=1

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Bethesda's little grace period for Wolf14 + Doom beta has come to an end. Buying the game now will net you just Wolf14 itself.

Pretty sure that retail copies will still have the Doom beta inside for some time

r3n4ud

You can play the demo if you haven't. Scared me a bit I must say, great atmosphere.

And holy shit, Uplay is still/again down.

You mean Udontplay :p

Ya, I'll show myself out...

g9bm4Za.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty sure that retail copies will still have the Doom beta for some time

I didn't think I needed to specify that I was referring to the store. Obviously Bethesda can't go around to retailers and take the Doom beta codes out of the boxes. ;)

Sajjaja

Still almost 45.000 in game according to Steam, it must work for some.... and now it works for me too. I wonder if Ubi got surprised by the very good sales themselves.

They're probably playing in offline mode because Uplay is shit. God damn.... ugh fuck Uplay...

Parsnip

I wouldn't think so. The names that are displayed are the those of the app themselves rather than those used on the store.

Newly-submitted apps don't broadcast their actual name by default any more -- they're private, in other words. In the past each new app would have the default name of ValveTestAppXXXXX (XXXXX being the app id), however this meant that app name changes would be publicly recorded and so every now and again a release would leak ahead of time.

I wonder why it didn't display those names then. Maybe there's a setting I missed or something. Oh well, not a big deal. They were all previously categorized either way, so I didn't have to touch them. Same with the Unknown Apps, all were categorized already, whatever they are.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Transistor first impressions: yo this is pretty as shit

Disembodied voice fits better than in Bastion in my opinion. Digging the spell system. LOVE the asthetic. Already liking it more than Bastion (which granted, wasnt hard since that game never clicked with me)

Also, hum button

Something to thank all of the generous givers... hugs.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- MB-CDCB98F6CF98DD99 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 7 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Origins -- MB-AB10845C5361FF0D - Taken by nexen. 12 entrants total.
Injustice Gods Among Us -- MB-0FF9256C63A15A4C - Taken by kudoboi. 14 entrants total.

t1401385928z1.png

Wok

I believe the "my loot" command gives you everything you need now.

Apparently, these keys are still available:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Wok:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nightsky #2 -- MB-EF5004CAAB3E65F8 - Taken by lukiluk
Serious Sam HD -- MB-14A2AFE7708A73EC - Taken by Vlad
Cogs -- MB-42BB9631816B42DA - Taken by Henry Swanson
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-0E5732F1175D3F32 - Taken by _hekk05
Crayon Physics Deluxe #2 -- MB-B21CBB579C027EBB - Taken by Darth Kupi
Eets Munchies -- MB-51F4914E1A38A436 - Taken by darkchewie
Serious Sam HD #2 -- MB-6ACBC865A6ED6E2F - Taken by Javier23
Avadon -- MB-5D3F10B34D814D00 - Taken by madjoki
Nightsky -- MB-F5447C807017F9B6 - Taken by Dusk Golem
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-10D3282B4C906E20

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Nightsky #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Serious Sam HD was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Cogs was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Crayon Physics Deluxe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Crayon Physics Deluxe #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for EDGE #2 failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for EDGE failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Eets Munchies was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Serious Sam HD #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Avadon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nightsky was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Rush Bros was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Edit: lol at this gif...

I don't know whether this Steam key is taken.

Quote to see EDGE.

Li Kao

Just checked the forum, the developer says the DLC will be on sale too, just not applied quite yet.

As you seem knowledgeable on the matter, what would be a good place to learn how to make something out of RPGMaker ? I mean I googled the thing some weeks ago and at first glance the results were uneven. So I prefer asking you before pulling any trigger.

Ruruja

As you seem knowledgeable on the matter, what would be a good place to learn how to make something out of RPGMaker ? I mean I googled the thing some weeks ago and at first glance the results were uneven. So I prefer asking you before pulling any trigger.

When I played around with RPG Maker years and years ago, there used to be a really big forum where people discussed games, posted scripts and tutorials etc. I assume that still exists.

nexen

HOT DAMN, MY LUCKY DAY.
Thanks for AO, CosmicQueso!!!

I know this doesnt compare, but to assuage my guilt a little bit:
ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Iron Grip -- MB-96895884F3CF018B - Taken by KenOD
Alien Rage -- MB-05B044AFBD6ACA60 - Taken by dot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom