• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I remember the days of having to draw a map for games. We got spoiled.

damn, those where the times!
I still have some of my game notes and drawings somewhere in the house (><)

I really don't miss those times, got used to maps, journals and all that modern stuff

Newblade

He.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-758BC5D8E20D9C20 - Taken by sapsari

Because you had to draw them yourself?

Won't someone please think of the companies that make graph paper? The closest thing there is to that experience that I enjoy are the Etrian Odyssey games on the DS and 3DS where you can draw features on top of the auto-mapper. I remember playing Metroid with a friend, we would alternate between someone playing and someone drawing the map. Don't miss that.

Evrain

damn, those where the times!
I still have some of my game notes and drawings somewhere in the house (><)

I really don't miss those times, got used to maps, journals and all that modern stuff
I think we all went through the "draw a map" stage, especially with Wolf3D's abstruse and yet elegant level design.

nexen

Won't someone please think of the companies that make graph paper? The closest thing there is to that experience that I enjoy are the Etrian Odyssey games on the DS and 3DS where you can draw features on top of the auto-mapper. I remember playing Metroid with a friend, we would alternate between someone playing and someone drawing the map. Don't miss that.

Early PC RPGs had teleport traps.

That map you just drew? Yeah, throw that away.

This is probably why I only played shooters and adventure games when I was a kid. Roger Wilco and Duke didn't do that to you.

Dirty Bomb looks fun, looks like a mix of Counter-Strike and Enemy Territory.

Given their track record I kind of find any optimism about an upcoming Splash Damage game confusing. How much goodwill is honestly leftover from Enemy Territory?

Arthea

whoa, bundle with the Longest Journey! Now we are talking!
Although I tried to replay it recently, and I must say that pacing is so bad in this game, that it's sort of torture (><)

BTW are there any graphics mods for tLJ? Or maybe speeding things a little too?

you forgot holes! dropped down? Have no idea where? So what? draw a new map and then compare them. Even that isn't the real horror, completely dark levels, floors, dungeons are. *shivers*

I think we all went through the "draw a map" stage, especially with Wolf3D's abstruse and yet elegant level design.

hold on a second, you just called Wolf3D abstruse?
the word you were looking for was awesome!

Evrain

Thanks DaBargainHunta for Black Souls!
Speaking of giveaways, I think I still have a Sniper GW 2 Deluxe upgrade key from Alienwarearena, if any of you needs it feel free to PM me :) Also, somebody PLEASE take this Dead Island Epidemic invite(s) off me :cries:

Abstruse as is "it fried out brains used to side scrolling Smurfs games on the Genesis", no denying how brilliant Wolf3D was and still is :)
And yes, I cleared the Smurfs game twice on my genesis. And Populous too.

I'm surprised you haven't jumped on it. With a tweak here and a little sacrifice there I've now managed to get a pretty consistent 1920x1080 60fps experience. Granted I've got stupidly expensive second GPU disabled because it buggers everything up *grrrrrrrrrr*

Oh I will, too busy with DkS2 right now. I'll probably pick it up over Summer Seal. Need to fill up them bars.

Watch Dogs

dZs4zvb.png

Excellent.

I haven't even finished Watch Dogs and I'm already thirsty as hell for Watch Dogs 2. I hope they annualize the series.

dead

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we could go with a month for each franchise.

Seems easy enough if they tried:

January: Assassin's Creed port to a different console
February: Rayman
March: Prince of Persia
April: Imagine Babyz
May: Watch_Dags
June: Raving Rabbids
July: The Division
August: Splinter Cell
September: The Crew
October: Just Dance
November: Far Cry
December: Assassin's Creed

nexen

This is probably why I only played shooters and adventure games when I was a kid. Roger Wilco and Duke didn't do that to you.
The world needs a new Space Quest.
Hurry that shit up, Scott and Mark!

you forgot holes! dropped down? Have no idea where? So what? draw a new map and then compare them. Even that isn't the real horror, completely dark levels, floors, dungeons are. *shivers*
Oh god, how could I forget those? I might need to lie down now.

If I know Stalllion, and I don't, he's all about dem Imagine ____z series. His icon is a horse, Ubisoft has a Horsez line of games, coincidence, I think not.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-69C6FAA81198BEA8 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

Arthea

I'm going to stare at you condescendingly now, be prepared. How can you forget Might and Magic?! That's outrage.

Speaking of which, I've added a rule called MEGAGIVERSONLY which limits a giveaway entry to those who have given away at least 25 games, so if you're planning on giving away something especially special and you might want to ensure it's not snatched up by just anyone, this might be of value to you.

Thanks for that. It has become quite discouraging sometimes to give away a more valuable game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wish LEGO games were annualized...
They were like, four of them this year.

So far there have been five of them either announced or released:

Minifigures Online (f2p game)
Ninjago: Nindroids
Lego Movie
The Hobbit
Batman 3

Last year was even worse.

Thanks for Skyborn, BinaryPork2737 (shouldn't that be Pork101010110001?) - should be a good one! :)

Hah, you're welcome! I hope you enjoy it.

Well, there is still HoMM and besides, you need to be better than Ubi, at remembering things, it's not hard (><)

I completely forgot about HoMM. I never really played any of them.

AsylumX

So... buy both because they're radically different or something?

They are slightly different, if you are just going to mess around trying to come up with the RPG of your dreams, just get VX and that will be enough. At least try it on steam, it'a free until sunday and the bundle is on until next thursday. You have plenty of time to make up your mind.

Arthea

Lego Movie
The Hobbit
Batman 3

I wonder are there people that play only lego games, it surely seems possible not to have time for anything else.

Salsa

dirty bomb is a bold move, after brink

also everyone should get PayDay 2. It's great.

been meaning to get back to it but me and zkylon ruined it

Volimar

Lego Movie
The Hobbit
Batman 3

Hah, you're welcome! I hope you enjoy it.

I completely forgot about HoMM. I never really played any of them.

Need Lego Ghostbusters

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder are there people that play only lego games, it surely seems possible not to have time for anything else.

It would be pretty expensive, considering some of them are only on one platform. A lot are obscure and I haven't heard of some of them, even.

Looking at wikipedia, last year had:

Marvel
Lego City Undercover (Wii U exclusive)
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS exclusive)
Friends (More obscure DS/3DS exclusive aimed at girls)
Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey (Handheld exclusive)
Legends of Chima Online (MMO)
Legends of Chima: Speedorz (iOS)
Ninjago: The Final Battle (PC Exclusive)

It's easier just to play all of the licensed games, since all of the nonlicensed games on that list other than City Undercover are probably garbage.

Need Lego Ghostbusters

We'll get that as a tie in when Ghostbusters 3 comes out.
I'd actually buy that day one, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom