• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Haven't gotten around to playing this one myself yet, but I've heard it's supposed to be good.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-30FA4D55FDF490CD - Taken by AsylumX. 5 entrants total.

t1401393242z1.png

legacyzero

Banned
Here ya go, GAF. I had another key for the Dirty Bomb Beta

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dirty Bomb Beta -- MB-273961AFEB1C7AC5 - Taken by deejay

johnssy123

Neo Member
Bought plenty of bundles today (seems to be "good bundle day" today for some reason), yet I can't even activate half of the games because Steam gives me this message after activating the RPG maker Humble bundle and most of the latest Bundlestars bundle:

A7TmVLR.png

Besides it being an annoyance and unnecessary, I see two problems with that message:

• None of the activations I did were "unsuccessful" - they all activated first time.
  • The message makes no mention of how long "later" is.

First time it happened to me I had to wait about 45 min before being able to activate anything else.

BruteUA

Let's get an old-school throw your controller against the wall theme going.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Dark Void Zero -- MB-FB62F029C81C2553 - Taken by FauX. 20 entrants total.
Ducktales: Remastered -- MB-8C2E0A7F581AD251 - Taken by Divius. 54 entrants total.

t1401403803z1.png

I fucked up in Dark Souls 2 and now I can't get all the acheevos without grinding NG+

To get all trophies, you must grind your way through either:

(1) NG++ to the point where you can talk to Wellager. This requires you earn 3 million souls during NG++.
(2) Complete everything in your original playthrough and then grind out something like 500 Way of the Blue kills (level 3) as well as 300 kills (level 2) in the Blood covenant.

So you couldn't get all of them anyway.
And as MMBosstones86 notes below:

Isn't there a grave you can visit to resurrect? Also there is an NPC you can pay to absolve your sins.

You should be good.

Yes, you can pay money to resurrect a lot of characters or their ghosts, as far as I know, so that you can still use their merchant services.

when is be mine 13 out anyway? tomorow?

ask Stump

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think Stump has added that to myloot yet.

Nice raffle.

Genki

Awesome.

Some shooting:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Medal of Honor -- MB-F71103787CA49877 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-48C708A9E4F15C60 - Taken by Gangxxter. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-9BDF85B9EAD82495 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD -- MB-DE7386712E98D726 - Taken by PossumMeat. 4 entrants total.

t1401394729z1.png

Second Serious Sam entry is The Second Encounter.
Also, Capsized is still up for grabs.

Miker

It's not much, but here's some Dirty Bomb beta keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Miker:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dirty Bomb 1 -- MB-77AD90020147D12E - Taken by VikasNarula. 3 entrants total.
Dirty Bomb 2 -- MB-FB511525B538D256 - Taken by Aerocrane. 1 entrants total.

t1401394895z1.png

Gangxxter

Awesome, thanks for Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Genki! :)

I'm just curious, is the game "Serous Sam HD" you're giving away also "The First Encounter"? I don't plan to claim it because I already won something from you.

Genki

Awesome, thanks for Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Genki! :)

I'm just curious, is the game "Serous Sam HD" you're giving away also "The First Encounter"? I don't plan to claim it because I already won something from you.

Np.

No, it's the Second Encounter. Modbot didn't like the formating I guess. Go ahead and take it if you want it.

Gangxxter

Wow, what a pleasant surprise! I just activated the Steam key I won from Genki for "Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter" and to my delight this is actually a key for "Serious Sam HD Retail" which consists of the First AND the Second Encounter!

Thank you very much Genki! :D

Aerocrane

It's not much, but here's some Dirty Bomb beta keys:

Thanks a lot!

Here's another 3 keys for Dirty Bomb because apparently I signed up for it at some point?
Also instructions on how to redeem your key: http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/Instruction
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Dirty Bomb #1 -- MB-015CFC8D25DDE569 - Taken by Grief.exe. 2 entrants total.
Dirty Bomb #2 -- MB-AB8F1A770F2DA765 - Taken by adaen. 3 entrants total.
Dirty Bomb #3 -- MB-2D91A044980CEC04 - Taken by Li Kao. 6 entrants total.

t1401406390z1.png

Dr Dogg

Thank you Dr. Dogg for Guacamelee. :D

No probs. Enjoy!

Man the combat encounters in Watch Dogs are pretty fantastic because of the stealth options. I have been having a blast.

I'm loving the freedom you have to take encounters on yourself. It's like the outposts in Far Cry 3 but with the mechanics of Splinter Cell. Just realised you can ledge takedown someone if your higher than them and drop down at the right moment.

Damn. I knew the DOF was bad, but I didn't think it was THAT bad.

I'm surprised you haven't jumped on it. With a tweak here and a little sacrifice there I've now managed to get a pretty consistent 1920x1080 60fps experience. Granted I've got stupidly expensive second GPU disabled because it buggers everything up *grrrrrrrrrr*

Is there a way to get the Japanese audio for Killer is Dead?

Should be on the start menu under Languages.

Last spare key

Instructions

ModBot said:
Instructions for ashecitism:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Dirty Bomb -- MB-3F63DD79F87C6061 - Taken by Li Kao. 3 entrants total.

t1401396653z1.png

I'm enjoying Remember Me. I like its atmosphere but I wish the combat was more fulfilling. Remixing memories is neat too.

Remember Me's combat never gets quite "there". It takes a long time, too long, to unlock your fourth editable combo. There really should have been more editable combo's, there were enough moves to support a few more.

Oh well, it's got such great atmosphere and such a fantastically designed world that the combat ultimately didn't bother me. I can't think of another game where I felt as compelled to take as many screenshot.

Knurek

I've just entered up to Nova Prospect, does that mean no antlions anymore?
Pity if so, was fun herding them onto Combine...

MRORANGE

Spare keys from leftover Modbot giveaways:

ModBot said:
Instructions for MRORANGE:

I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Alien Spidy -- MB-E66A6F1D121E1A8B
Tank Operations European Campaign -- MB-43C7C8E2F6558D34 - Taken by Kifimbo
Dollar Dash -- MB-6AEBD914A3F620EA
Super Hexagon -- MB-DEDD69287B42EEF3
Dungeons The Second DLC -- -- MB-2652BD8436065E7E
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-1757010D89D2255E
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-61FF537FBCA0583E
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-53F7584B6B94FF7F
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-7C264B5A6333E1E4
Ion Assault -- MB-29013ABACDBBE691
Sine Mora -- MB-19DF5EE155A64712
Rune Classic -- MB-53DD90B878F4808F - Taken by pahamrick
SkyDrift -- MB-4C88921728A7E4B1
Planets Under Attack -- MB-B332B00016E6BD51 - Taken by pupo

I've been plugging away at Dark Souls 2 all month but I've just been playing Mario Kart 8 this evening. It looks like Dark 2 is going to be taking a little break this weekend. Feels conflicting man.

Aaron D.

how accessible/newbie friendly is europa iv compared to the last one?

Compared to older Paradox titles, EUIV is VERY noob friendly. Now you'll still want to supplement your learning via some YouTube tutorials, but that's to be expected when diving into the deep end of the strat-genre pool.

The game of and by itself offers up great tutorials (a first for Paradox) and the in-game menu system is their most intelligent, and sophisticated to date. After you get your head around all of the game's information possibilities on offer, you'll marvel at the UI team's contribution to the project.

Anyway, the game isn't for everyone as it has a steep learning curve. It's also one of those, you get out of it what you put into it kind of deals. But for those interested, EUIV is by far the gentlest introduction into the Grand Strategy genres.

There's a demo on the Steam page for you to try before you buy. The game is also in Steam Workshop and right off the bat, I'd recommend nabbing the Better UI Mod as it makes the small text way more legible.

Authority

Banned
Eerie stealth nightmare Tangiers sure is shaping up nicely
Another look at the world of Tangiers

Surreal, mostly monochromatic stealth adventure Tangiers is looking better - and creepier - than ever in its latest trailer.

Developed by the Bristol-based indie outlet Andalusian, Tangiers was a Kickstarter success last year after raising £42K. I spoke at length to its creative lead, Alex Harvey, in August about his nihilistic, avante garde approach to the stealth genre in which you explore an abstract shadowy world that morphs in relation to your behaviour. It has a lot of interesting ideas in it like items being collected captions that cling to the walls behind chatting characters.

"Within its oppressive, nihilistic setting, it promises the sort of endlessly replayable stealth experience genre fans have been yearning for," I wrote in my Tangiers preview. Based on the recent trailer, Andalusian's unsettling vision is looking as bleakly mysterious as ever.

Tangiers is currently slated for release this August on PC, Mac and Linux.

Credits to Eurogamer

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MK 10 reveal confirmed for june 2nd, cant wait for it to be console only as usual on release >_>

also all these pre E3 reveals, why even have E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom