• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I wonder if there are any plans for a Steam version of Dirty Bomb, the new Unreal Tournament, or Fortnite.

Of course I would want all three on Steam.

Unreal is going to push their developer/mod platform. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it off Steam.

derExperte

Another under-the-radar release:

Anomaly Defenders is the closing installment of the Anomaly series. The original incarnation of the Tower Offense sub-genre had players controlling humans fighting alien invaders. Now, the tables have turned. The human counterattack is underway and the alien homeworld is under threat. Defend the planet from the human scum in the final battle of the series.

aww
I could almost cry, you just needed to make two more, Peggle 2 free zone, and DA Inquisition free zone.

But those won't get released in June, please pay attention! Although thinking about it everywhere on GAF will probably be PvZ Garden Warfare free zone. Is anyone on PC looking forward to that one? I did once upon a time, couldn't care less now.

MUnited83

For you.
Bought Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition on Steam or in a place that offered steam keys? (GMG).
You can get a extra Steam key for the game by going to the game on your library and clicking on the "CD key" section
, which gives you a GFWL code, which is now redeemable on Steam. Write that key down as the keys will probably dissapear when the Steamworks patch hits!

Bought Super Street Fighter IV : Advanced Edition on Steam or in a place that offered steam keys? (GMG).
You can get a extra Steam key for the game by going to the game on your library and clicking on the "CD key" section
, which gives you a GFWL code, which is now redeemable on Steam. Write that key down as the keys will probably dissapear when the Steamworks patch hits!
I wonder if this works if you bought it through Steam as well. Someone wanna be a guinea pig?

denx

Although thinking about it everywhere on GAF will probably be PvZ Garden Warfare free zone. Is anyone on PC looking forward to that one?

*slowly raises hand* ...Me? The game is pretty cheap on the Origin mexican store (about 20 dollars) so I may get it at release (which is rather shocking to say since I can't remember the last time I payed full price for a game).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bought Super Street Fighter IV : Advanced Edition on Steam or in a place that offered steam keys? (GMG).

You mean Arcade Edition? :p

Sorry :(

Arthea

Another under-the-radar release:
Anomaly.pic

But those won't get released in June, please pay attention! Although thinking about it everywhere on GAF will probably be PvZ Garden Warfare free zone. Is anyone on PC looking forward to that one? I did once upon a time, couldn't care less now.

It probably will be, I was looking forward to it too, and I'll probably still play it at some point, at least it isn't exclusive to Xbox as Peggle 2 (._.)

BruteUA

I guess I was trying to find a non-dickish way of saying "I wonder how many new faces show up here just for the free games?". Nevermind then.

jediyoshi

I wonder if there are any plans for a Steam version of Dirty Bomb, the new Unreal Tournament, or Fortnite.

Of course I would want all three on Steam.

Nexon is weird. Vindictus, their f2p game on Source used to be exclusive to their launcher. And then it was also available on Steam. And then it was Steam exclusive. Now it's also available on their launcher.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Spirited Heart Deluxe is now available on Steam for $16.99, 16.99€, and £12.74, a discount of 15%. It's got cards, too, so you'll probably get a bit of that money back. Fair warning, this is a Winter Wolves game.

About the Game

Spirited Heart is a fantasy life simulation game.

Create your fantasy alter ego choosing between an apparently normal human, a cute elf and a wicked demoness: they behave differently in the various dialogue choices you'll encounter during the game.

Once the game start you'll be able to run your life in a virtual fantasy world: choose a job from the 20 different ones available, but carefully check the minimum requirements.

Each starting job will improve some of your basic character skills, giving you the possibility to unlock more advanced jobs once you have trained your character long enough.

From time to time, random events will occur and you'll also make random encounters: there are six potential partner for your character in the game, two for each one of the three races. Each partner will have his own personality and will react differently depending on which race you're playing, offering over 100 different dialogue combinations!

Can you win their hearts and maybe, one day, marry one of them?

Play with your character for 10 in-game years in which you have to do your best! The full game has 20 normal endings plus 12 special marriage endings, providing hours of gameplay and lots of replayability.

Can you see all the different endings?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Bought Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition on Steam or in a place that offered steam keys? (GMG).

Thanks for the heads up!

Will I be locked out from online play if I give it away to someone?

MUnited83

For you.
Well,we obviously can't activate the same game on our accounts since we own it, I meant see if we can use the GFWL code to activate the game on another account.

I did exactly that. Bought the game from GMG( steam key). Checked GFWL CD Key, gave it to my brother. Activated just fine.

Thanks for the heads up!

Will I be locked out from online play if I give it away to someone?
Technically speaking, you are locked from online play today while GFWL is still active on it. When steamworks patch goes in(TOMORROW, it will become a completely separate copy and you can play online all you want.

Nabs

Well,we obviously can't activate the same game on our accounts since we own it, I meant see if we can use the GFWL code to activate the game on another account.

It does. It's basically an endless loop until they run out of keys. edit: They plugged that hole. It still lets you give the key away, but it won't generate a new one.

Tecl0n

that's what i was implying, though. You could give me the gfwl key, and i'd make the huge effort of trying it for you. But, IF that works, then wouldn't the original owner be locked out of gfwl?

Nabs

that's what i was implying, though. You could give me the gfwl key, and i'd make the huge effort of trying it for you. But, IF that works, then wouldn't the original owner be locked out of gfwl?

Steam generates a completely different key for you. edit: hole plugged.

mannerbot

The whole reason this is being brought up is because AE is making the move from GFWL to Steamworks.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I guess I was trying to find a non-dickish way of saying "I wonder how many new faces show up here just for the free games?". Nevermind then.
I got that, but those that come for the free games would have at the most 5 posts between a current thread and a previous one and we are talking about 20K+ posts threads that on average tend to grow 1K posts overnight... so yeah, it wouldn't really change much :p

MUnited83

For you.
Steam generates a completely different key for you.

It does. It's basically an endless loop until they run out of keys.

This is not accurate. GFWL keys will redeem and have the exact same key as the previous version. If you redeemed the game with a GFWL key, you can't get a extra key.

So wait, that loop-thing isn't a joke? Everyone who activates a key gets another, different one?

See above.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Technically speaking, you are locked from online play today while GFWL is still active on it. When steamworks patch goes in(TOMORROW, it will become a completely separate copy and you can play online all you want.

Aha, thanks. Well, If anybody wants my extra copy he can have it. Too lazy for a ModBot giveaway right now

Li Kao

Ok so if anyone is still interested in a Dirty Bomb key... I can't for the life of me nuke the one I won, so I contacted Aerocrane to do it. I hope he will have more success on that front and can only assure you that me entering two giveaways was in good faith and that I didn't imagine winning two keys for a second.

Nabs

The key is the same - I just learnt it the hard way.

Why did I believe you? lol

Er, sorry? I think they fixed it, because it was definitely endless the other day. It's not that big a deal, since they are patching in Steamworks tomorrow.

You were second for that one, so... PM'd. Keep the chain going though if possible. If it really is an endless loop

Apparently it's fixed now. It was providing new keys the other day (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113554951&postcount=266).

Salsa

I wanna play the new PayDay 2 mission for the poster alone

BopalpzIIAAf2si.jpg:medium

Pachimari

I would love SSFIV as well, and can quickly give it on if it is an endless loop as speculated(?).

Also, I'm super excited for The Forest tomorrow!

Arthea

You were second for that one, so... PM'd. Keep the chain going though if possible. If it really is an endless loop

Edit: Key is the same? awww

yours worked for me, many thanks

Well, you posted in the exact same minute, so I am gonna flip a coin brb

EDIT: Arthea you won, but did MarcoZombieCannon send you a key?

ya, I got Marco's key and it worked.
Thanks guys, it's not available in my region, but now I have it, and if they remove GFWL I can even play it!
steamgaf rocks, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom