• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

Watch Dogs

dZs4zvb.png

That bottom comment is so bad. How are you suckered into buying any game. Your eyes tell you all you need to know. They should blame themselves.

just to calm people down before potential freakout

Half-Life 2 (including Lost Coast, Episode 1, Episode 2, and Half-Life: Source) has been updated. This includes all the changes in the Beta since November 2013.

The following changes are included:

Improved readability of the UI in VR
Removed the IPD calibration tool. TF2 will now obey the Oculus configuration file. Use the Oculus calibration tool in your SDK or install and run "OpenVR" under Tools in Steam to calibrate your IPD.
Added dropdown to enable VR mode in the Video options. Removed the -vr command line option.
Added the ability to switch in and out of VR mode without quitting the game
By default VR mode will run full screen. To switch back to a borderless window set the vr_force_windowed convar.
Added support for VR mode on Linux
Added VR support to Half-Life: Source
Fix for an issue some players were seeing for the second train in Route Kanal getting stuck and blocking forward progress.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh, what's the difference between RPG Maker for $1.00 and the $6.00/XP tier that Humble Bundle is doing?

AsylumX

So, uh, what's the difference between RPG Maker for $1.00 and the $6.00/XP tier that Humble Bundle is doing?

Here you can find the answer:

My guess on why XP is higher-tiered is because it was added to Steam more recently than VX Ace. Also some people like RPG Maker XP more, it is a debated thing is VX Ace or XP is the 'definitive' version of RPG Maker. I'm guessing XP is a higher tier also so those that really want it can go buy it, as XP has never been on sale on Steam before.

Just for a sake of clarity, he biggest differences between VX Ace and XP are:

-XP has an unlimited tilesheet function, as well as an ability to make event sprites as large as you want while making the events effect every tile they take up, which makes it the best level editor in RPG Maker. VX Ace is limited to Five tilesheets per map and the events are one tile individually with larger sprites still taking up one event tile.

-VX Ace is vastly modifiable, letting a lot of the engine be modfiable with the Ruby scripting language to allow you to do quite a bit with it, and its very versatile. With this programming, doing things like lighting engines, fog effects, custom movements, or even changing the type of game it can be (platformers, shmups, etc) and more are very easy.

-XP has a larger sprite base, with VX Ace having much smaller chibi sprite base.

-VX Ace has a much better freamrate (60 fps for games easily) and much better audio system (can use .ogg's and .wav's, while XP can only use Midi's)

Copons

VX Ace (1$) is the newest one while XP (6$) is one of the older. It's kinda weird their placement, but still.
They're mostly different for what kind of graphics they can handle, someone thinks that XP is better someone not, but it's more or less just a matter of personal preferences.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-578D763BE079A186 - Taken by Exuro. 3 entrants total.

t1401399845z1.png

I just bought Watch_Dawgz, even though I definitely need a RAM upgrade since I'm skirting the minimum. Whatever, we'll see how it runs on mid settings. I really should have finished Wolfenstein and Killer is Dead first.

Authority

Banned
That looks wonderfully weird and eerie. Adding that to my watch list.

Didn't know it was a surrealistic stealth game.

Are you a Silent Hill fan by the way? It is the only type of horror I would have loved finishing but unfortunately it creeped the hell out of me.

If horror is your thing, I highly recommend you Relyonhorror's reviews and to keep a look out for The Evil Within,

ibhhyIoRTZdJdv.gif

I personally can only go as far as playing Murdered: Soul Suspect.

Arthea

Dead serious. I would be in heaven if I got an Ass Creed each winter and a Watch Dogs each summer.

I kinda wish I were you, because you know, that nor AssCreed, neither Watch Doggs are going to end just like that. It's Ubi we are talking about. Unless uplay won't let to play to too many people, then backslash can happen, but I doubt even that.
as you all know, I constantly believed that uplay is going to die, right from the start, and look it's still offline and kicking (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom