• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Love -- MB-CFA921C65494B3B5 - Taken by NotSelf
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-E4BD7568ED39F8C4 - Taken by MikeDip
RACE On -- MB-01EB95D001D3CAD3
Big Bang Racing -- MB-8C3FDA694B3495C1 - Taken by dot
Jolly Rover -- MB-572D0DF1C65CA798 - Taken by 73V3N
Runespell Overture -- MB-3159EFE358FFC48A
Major Mayhem -- MB-67703C6C582C152D - Taken by Dambrosi
Astro Tripper -- MB-9EA3BC2C2255A415
Dungeons -- MB-6CF96513158368C5 - Taken by Exuro
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-72C86CAFB224456F - Taken by PixyJunket
Ride'em Low -- MB-61B7B43851A5D85C - Taken by The Dear Leader
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- MB-7DB98259FA1730F0 - Taken by Kryptonite
Driftmoon -- MB-F1041796A114BAC6 - Taken by drakaenae

How do games handle steamworks transitions?

I've had sf IV installed for a long time now and I wonder if I'm gonna have to delete and install again when the transition happens? Or will it be done through an update/patch?

Khronico

Wow, Humble kinda redeemed itself with this RPG maker bundle. I've been making an RPG in my spare time and having VX Ace will help immensely with the process.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are people giving away their GFWL key of their Steam version of Super Street Fighter? Is that working?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, when is the transition supposed to happen? Midnight? 3AM EST? D: Because I'm seeing the Steam achievements but can't unlock them.

Lain

games that had to be shunted off in ModBot garbage raffles are not counted.

Has one of those been done lately? Using my loot I see there are still 97 games from my previous giveaways not claimed (I think it must be from last month big giveaway) and I'm too much of a lazy ass to go back and find the post to link it to give people a chance to grab some +1 games.

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-B361B2E7777F46C4 - Taken by Dice
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-D80A461E22A3E490 - Taken by derExperte

Some video games for you all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Well well then. Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- MB-CD6B35627DCA60AA - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 22 entrants total.

t1401414365z1.png

TheSeks

When I right click SSF4:AE, I noticed it said I all the All-in costume pack. But Enhanced Steam doesn't show any green on the Steam web. Should I panic?

Doesn't matter since Capcom won't count those if you got them on Steam anyway with this transition.

Yes, it's stupid. Yes, fuck Capcom.

jshackles

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks for Skyborn. <3

V2 though, not so much.
What's wrong with enemies literally spawning in mid-air before your eyes when you walk past a certain point or activate the objective switch? With knowing your exact position from hundreds of yards away after one shot, no matter how hidden you are in the dark back of a building through a window, and then shooting you accurately with machine guns? With them still being too stupid to do anything but hide behind something with their head sticking out still or run directly at you in the open road? And what's not to like about the awkward running controls with no flow, redundant collection of one item at a time from fallen enemies, or corridor level designs? Do you mean to say it wasn't even as good as going through levels in Medal of Honor: Frontline using a sniper rifle?

Authority

Banned
Capcom needs to try harder. EA would like to have a word.

Buy Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Complete Pack

Includes 9 items:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Complete Brawler Pack
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Complete Femme Fatale Pack
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Complete Shadoloo Pack
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Complete Shoryuken Pack
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Complete Classic Pack, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Complete Challengers 1 Pack
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Complete Challengers 2 Pack
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Arcade Challengers Pack

Price is 30 pounds. What do you think of the price? Have not been following the how-much-is-justified-with-DLCs price debates so I am asking out of curiosity.

I would be their bitch for Marvel vs Capcom 3 though

Hope they will reconsider in the future.

c9pBx.jpg

Despite a strong demand from fans asking for a PC version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, the fighting game was only made available for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 when it was release earlier this year. It appears the upcoming follow-up will suffer a similar fate.

In the Capcom Unity forum, a fan recently asked if there will be a PC version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Christian Svensson (Corporate Officer and Senior Vice-President of the company) responded by saying that is either no currently in their plans or that they don’t have the rights from Marvel to port it over. You can check out the first screens of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in the slideshow to the left of this article and the full statement below:

It's not currently in the plan or a part of our rights from Marvel.

Credits to Examiner

mannerbot

Is this whole SFIV key thing intentional (I mean on Capcom side)? If not, any risk of Capcom going crazy and taking copies away?

I would expect them to revoke the keys if possible, yes. It's not going to do any favors for Japanese companies' perception of Steam either.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition -- MB-9E60E6DFF1E92239 - Taken by Diedac. 23 entrants total.

t1401415135z1.png

TheSeks

That's not true.

Their initial wording makes it sound like it won't.

Unfortunately, both paid and free DLC will not be transferred over in this process.

They later added:

EDIT: Unfortunately, both paid and free DLC for the GFWL version will not be transferred over in this process, but Steam should not be affected.

"AFAWK, we dunno if Steam will be in the same 'boned' category. But don't bother us if it is." Basically.

Dambrosi

Banned
This is not accurate. GFWL keys will redeem and have the exact same key as the previous version. If you redeemed the game with a GFWL key, you can't get a extra key.
Are you sure? I got my copy from Amazon USA, so it came with a GfWL key which activated on Steam. When I retrieved my CD key as instructed above, it was a completely different key to the one I used. Odd, that, if what you're saying is true.

Are you sure? I got my copy from Amazon USA, so it came with a GfWL key which activated on Steam. When I retrieved my CD key as instructed above, it was a completely different key to the one I used. Odd, that, if what you're saying is true.
You got a Steam key that activated on Steam. The GFWL one comes with the activation of the Steam key, and the GFWL keys only recently were able to be activated on Steam.

TheSeks

should = dunno

lol

Keyword is the rest of that sentence. They say should which is probably which turns into we can't guarantee which turns into we dunno until it's out. If they can't give me a 100% guarantee, excuse me while I be paranoid about the DLC I bought on sale a few months ago in anticipation that it would transfer with a guarantee.

mannerbot

Keyword is the rest of that sentence. They say should which is probably which turns into we can't guarantee which turns into we dunno until it's out. If they can't give me a 100% guarantee, excuse me while I be paranoid about the DLC I bought on sale a few months ago in anticipation that it would transfer with a guarantee.

You can just admit that you were wrong and be happy that your DLC will work as you hoped?

Dambrosi

Banned
You got a Steam key that activated on Steam. The GFWL one comes with the activation of the Steam key, and the GFWL keys only recently were able to be activated on Steam.
Are you sure? Because it looked like a GfWL key to me - 5 blocks of 5 alphanumeric symbols each, separated by dashes. The same as an Xbox game code, afair.

oh, and to whoever gave up all those games above, thanks for Major Mayhem. Gameplay reminds me of the old coin-op classics Cabal and 'Nam 75, has cards, all is good.

wilflare

umm. this is really prompting my OCD.
how do we change the device name on Steam?

Steam made my laptop name all lower case despite me formatting it properly

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has one of those been done lately? Using my loot I see there are still 97 games from my previous giveaways not claimed (I think it must be from last month big giveaway) and I'm too much of a lazy ass to go back and find the post to link it to give people a chance to grab some +1 games.

Haven't done one in a while, will do maybe next week but it probably won't catch up to last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom