• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching my Antisquad cards sit at the lowest price for hours and still not sell, while knowing the bundle is coming and the price will be half as much tomorrow, is agonizing.

I bought Antisquad a while back and my standard no foil cards took forever to sell probably longer than anything before and since. I suspect they sold very few copies! Mind you that was in early access, hopefully the full release will fix that. Interesting game, though the enormous mobile interface annoyed me.

legacyzero

Banned
More Dirty Bomb Beta codes. Game is pretty good.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dirty Bomb Beta -- MB-E288E650D4DD8875 - Taken by trailmix16
Dirty Bomb Beta #2 -- MB-CB4A9AA28A24D1F8 - Taken by AScotAbroad

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Has one of those been done lately? Using my loot I see there are still 97 games from my previous giveaways not claimed (I think it must be from last month big giveaway) and I'm too much of a lazy ass to go back and find the post to link it to give people a chance to grab some +1 games.
This was mentioned a while ago, but here's the link to his giveaway. +1 away like I did!

Yakkue

Since I just won Last Dream from DaBargainHunta (thanks again!), I feel it's time to give something back again.
I hope all the keys still work!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition -- MB-00D50206C64D5CAC - Taken by scorpscarx
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-615371EC4F6C662D - Taken by Ezalc
Clickr -- MB-69A8D500F3CEE7FC - Taken by RS4-
Slip -- MB-25CBFDAA3E9698AA - Taken by Shalashaska
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-936439F548E5F338 - Taken by bobnowhere

hG7Paaz.gif

Awesome I won! Thanks a bunch Widdly Scuds!

Sometimes we need to be reminded of life's greatest gaming disappointments to appreciate the good games in life. Like 80% of games that aren't Duke Nukem Forever.

I guess. I don't even hate it that much, and managed to get some joy out of it. But that level, that fucking level... It hurt me as a gamer, it hurt me as a Duke's fan, and it hurt me that if not for that level, the game might have some saving grace for it. But nope, it all went to shit. Not even Colonial Marine managed to be this offensive.

If only the guys at MachineGames somehow get their hands on the IP and made a story driven Duke Nukem game out of it, save the franchise, give it a new live. If only.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Can anyone recommend some decent 2D sidescrollers on Steam? Could be action or puzzle oriented or whatever.

Walking Mars, a side scrolling adventure (as in story telling) where one must explore this strange land and discover hidden secrets behind many a wall.

Saira , an open world title where you can go wherever you want to provided you have the ability to do so, full of puzzles and clues as to what is going on and what the main protagonist is there for.

Oniken , an action game that is a straight on tribute to the guns a blazing sci-fi action movies of the 80s and the video game titles they inspired such as Contra and Strider.

Intrusion 2. A modern take on the side-scrolling action run-and-gun platformer title, but with the kick of a fun physics engine that keeps people and objects flying or falling and often crushing.

Gunpoint. A puzzle title of the Film Noir bent with plenty of humour and ways to get through various sections, sometimes even the ridiculous.

Gateways, not a Portal nor a Quantum Conundrum, but very much a puzzle platformer where one must think differently to get through with it's unique take oh quantum physics and how to get from one area to another.

Full Bore. An open world title where you, a boar, must help others you come across and of course solve many a puzzle or figure out how to survive by pushing blocks or destroying dirt. Highly recommend this, tis just great and there is a thread on NeoGAF that has some tips on it I believe.

Capsized, another large world to explore where the physics of an individual in a space suit offer plenty of challenge and fun to be had. Plenty of action and unique enemies with perhaps one of the most alien worlds of it's ilk.

Mark Of The Ninja, a side scrolling game that is often given the title of "best stealth game" by some of it's fans. Whether it is or not is up to you, but lot of great fun with it's enemy movement recognition, distraction techniques, killing from afar, stealth kills.

A Valley WIthout Wind, not a favourite of mine, but it has those who enjoy it and I dare say it's decent enough if you enjoy this type of thing. Randomised design, plenty of loot to be found.

Noitu Love 2, a beat-em-up side scroller that while short and sweet, is smooth and fun and plenty of reason to come back to play again and again.

Metal Slug 3, it's Metal Slug, a classic. Run and gun shooter from the arcade days that can not be missed if you are a fan of the sub-genre and don't already own it several times over.

Gunman Clive, why not help out a fellow GAFFER and give this one a go? A side scroller run and gun with an old U.S. old west theme and ducks.

Bleed, a high score driven shoot where you will combo based almost shoot-em-up twin-stick in feel title that should fulfil any itch for a fast paced game you might have.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, and I'm just reposting what I said earlier in this thread.

I do certainly have a title for you to look into. Super House Of Dead Ninjas.

This is a comic/cartoonish ninja game with cartoonish demons, monsters, and hopping chickens in a rather basic video game story which combined with it's fun game play would have made it one of the best ninja games on the SNES and a competitor to Ninja Gaiden and Shinboi had it come out in the 1990s. Though easily modern graphics of course and design inspired by nostalgia rather than limitations of the past.

To a greater extent than Rogue Legacy, Super House Of Dead Ninjas is a game about randomised levels and enemy placements where the goal is to ever increase in skill, speed, and player ability to get further and further each time. Unlike Rogue Legacy where you explored a Castle Dracula inspired world, this is a title in which you start at the top of a Japanese Demon tower and are ever decreasing until you reach the lowest floor and eventually the main boss, at least until you get good enough to go ever deeper into a hell dimension with no end save for your death.

More frantic and hectic than Rogue Legacy, as here you are a nimble ninja flipping out and cutting people the majority of time, with the chance to build up a "kill combo" that for while it lasts you are invincible and all normal enemies die in one hit for that sweet sweet Pac-Man Championship Edition DX ghost chain like feel you just get a huge satisfaction from.

While Rogue Legacy it's a get-gold-buy-skills or find improvements in, Super House Of Dead Ninjas is an unlock system where you have to kill a certain amount of enemies, accomplish speed runs, use certain items enough time, find a certain number of hidden faeries, get high enough score points, beat a boss without taking damage, etc on top of the greater sense of reward and focus on improving your own skill as a player (present in Rogue Legacy, but most people ignore that and prefer to just power through by unlocking everything to get farther). Still, you do get a sense of reward and progression from the game as you continue forward, coming closer to "killing x amount of enemies" toward the next unlock or what have you and thus you have more options or more tools that let you feel empowered because you can now use them.

The main form of unlocks comes in form of new weapons to use, be it a new personal weapon (sword, bat, chain, etc) and a side weapon (shuriken, spear, 9mm Glock) and a bomb (grenade, sticky bomb, mine, Molotov cocktail, etc) and a magic spell right out of Shinboi (SEGA) games that kills everything on screen and gives you a window of invincibility. A lot of different combos of these items you can put together that let you play differently enough, though the core game play remains the same and it's rather just how you go at it or the speed in which you go at it.
One specific line of unlocks in the game come in form of being able to take more damage, carry more bombs, and so forth, but nothing that makes the game necessarily easier in terms of requiring less skill, it still asks you to do well and they just help you.

If you want you can play a modified version of the original House Of Dead Ninjas, a demo of sorts, for the full game you can buy on Steam. http://games.adultswim.com/house-of-dead-ninjas-action-online-game.html

I highly recommend the game off Steam, it's my favourite game of 2013 and it scratches that itch of being "I want to be great at a game and not just because the game gives me everything".

Can anybody link the project beasts video? Having a hard time finding it on my mobile. I did google lol

I linked a youtube video before. -_-;

See:
It's OT, but whoever was on mobile and wanted the Project Beast video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y

Acti didn't "lose" its Marvel contract; it dumped it at the beginning of the financial year as it did with the James Bond and Blur car manufacturer licences last January. Acti's FY follows the calendar year, so every January it voluntarily gives up any licences it deems are more or less worthless.

As for Spider-Man, it survived Acti's little purge because of the pre-existing agreement with Sony to release another video game tie-in. I'd guess that Disney can't release its own Spider-Man films while the agreement with Sony is active but once time is up that'd be fair game.

I think, contrastingly, that Capcom lost the Marvel license, which is why UMvC3 was pulled from digital distribution and Capcom had all those firesales on it and it's content for x360/ps3/psv.

Tizoc

Walking Mars, a side scrolling adventure (as in story telling) where one must explore this strange land and discover hidden secrets behind many a wall.

Saira , an open world title where you can go wherever you want to provided you have the ability to do so, full of puzzles and clues as to what is going on and what the main protagonist is there for.

Oniken , an action game that is a straight on tribute to the guns a blazing sci-fi action movies of the 80s and the video game titles they inspired such as Contra and Strider.

Intrusion 2. A modern take on the side-scrolling action run-and-gun platformer title, but with the kick of a fun physics engine that keeps people and objects flying or falling and often crushing.

Gunpoint. A puzzle title of the Film Noir bent with plenty of humour and ways to get through various sections, sometimes even the ridiculous.

Gateways, not a Portal nor a Quantum Conundrum, but very much a puzzle platformer where one must think differently to get through with it's unique take oh quantum physics and how to get from one area to another.

Full Bore. An open world title where you, a boar, must help others you come across and of course solve many a puzzle or figure out how to survive by pushing blocks or destroying dirt. Highly recommend this, tis just great and there is a thread on NeoGAF that has some tips on it I believe.

Capsized, another large world to explore where the physics of an individual in a space suit offer plenty of challenge and fun to be had. Plenty of action and unique enemies with perhaps one of the most alien worlds of it's ilk.

Mark Of The Ninja, a side scrolling game that is often given the title of "best stealth game" by some of it's fans. Whether it is or not is up to you, but lot of great fun with it's enemy movement recognition, distraction techniques, killing from afar, stealth kills.

A Valley WIthout Wind, not a favourite of mine, but it has those who enjoy it and I dare say it's decent enough if you enjoy this type of thing. Randomised design, plenty of loot to be found.

Noitu Love 2, a beat-em-up side scroller that while short and sweet, is smooth and fun and plenty of reason to come back to play again and again.

Metal Slug 3, it's Metal Slug, a classic. Run and gun shooter from the arcade days that can not be missed if you are a fan of the sub-genre and don't already own it several times over.

Gunman Clive, why not help out a fellow GAFFER and give this one a go? A side scroller run and gun with an old U.S. old west theme and ducks.

Bleed, a high score driven shoot where you will combo based almost shoot-em-up twin-stick in feel title that should fulfil any itch for a fast paced game you might have.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, and I'm just reposting what I said earlier in this thread.

I do certainly have a title for you to look into. Super House Of Dead Ninjas.

This is a comic/cartoonish ninja game with cartoonish demons, monsters, and hopping chickens in a rather basic video game story which combined with it's fun game play would have made it one of the best ninja games on the SNES and a competitor to Ninja Gaiden and Shinboi had it come out in the 1990s. Though easily modern graphics of course and design inspired by nostalgia rather than limitations of the past.

To a greater extent than Rogue Legacy, Super House Of Dead Ninjas is a game about randomised levels and enemy placements where the goal is to ever increase in skill, speed, and player ability to get further and further each time. Unlike Rogue Legacy where you explored a Castle Dracula inspired world, this is a title in which you start at the top of a Japanese Demon tower and are ever decreasing until you reach the lowest floor and eventually the main boss, at least until you get good enough to go ever deeper into a hell dimension with no end save for your death.

More frantic and hectic than Rogue Legacy, as here you are a nimble ninja flipping out and cutting people the majority of time, with the chance to build up a "kill combo" that for while it lasts you are invincible and all normal enemies die in one hit for that sweet sweet Pac-Man Championship Edition DX ghost chain like feel you just get a huge satisfaction from.

While Rogue Legacy it's a get-gold-buy-skills or find improvements in, Super House Of Dead Ninjas is an unlock system where you have to kill a certain amount of enemies, accomplish speed runs, use certain items enough time, find a certain number of hidden faeries, get high enough score points, beat a boss without taking damage, etc on top of the greater sense of reward and focus on improving your own skill as a player (present in Rogue Legacy, but most people ignore that and prefer to just power through by unlocking everything to get farther). Still, you do get a sense of reward and progression from the game as you continue forward, coming closer to "killing x amount of enemies" toward the next unlock or what have you and thus you have more options or more tools that let you feel empowered because you can now use them.

The main form of unlocks comes in form of new weapons to use, be it a new personal weapon (sword, bat, chain, etc) and a side weapon (shuriken, spear, 9mm Glock) and a bomb (grenade, sticky bomb, mine, Molotov cocktail, etc) and a magic spell right out of Shinboi (SEGA) games that kills everything on screen and gives you a window of invincibility. A lot of different combos of these items you can put together that let you play differently enough, though the core game play remains the same and it's rather just how you go at it or the speed in which you go at it.
One specific line of unlocks in the game come in form of being able to take more damage, carry more bombs, and so forth, but nothing that makes the game necessarily easier in terms of requiring less skill, it still asks you to do well and they just help you.

If you want you can play a modified version of the original House Of Dead Ninjas, a demo of sorts, for the full game you can buy on Steam. http://games.adultswim.com/house-of-dead-ninjas-action-online-game.html

I highly recommend the game off Steam, it's my favourite game of 2013 and it scratches that itch of being "I want to be great at a game and not just because the game gives me everything".

I can get if you don't like it, but there's also DuckTales Remastered.

Aerocrane

More Dirty Bomb beta keys! Can't seem to nuke one key from previous giveaway, so here's just three. Send me a PM if there are any issues, I'm away when the giveaway ends so I might take a while to respond.

Instructions on how to redeem your key: http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/Instruction
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Dirty Bomb #4 -- MB-E766F5EF81217AD1 - Taken by Dambrosi. 2 entrants total.
Dirty Bomb #2 -- MB-22F3BD32F9962AFA - Taken by Ingueferroque. 3 entrants total.
Dirty Bomb #3 -- MB-00A8F19B7BD06100 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.

t1401434771z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Right one more thing since I am getting stupendously confused.

and then,

So basically Activision is completely out of the picture? And with ASM as long as the game is based on a movie Sony can do whatever it wants with it or does it have full rights? If Disney wants to develop a Spiderman can they do it?

Acti didn't "lose" its Marvel contract; it dumped it at the beginning of the financial year as it did with the James Bond and Blur car manufacturer licences last January. Acti's FY follows the calendar year, so every January it voluntarily gives up any licences it deems are more or less worthless.

As for Spider-Man, it survived Acti's little purge because of the pre-existing agreement with Sony to release another video game tie-in. I'd guess that Disney can't release its own Spider-Man films while the agreement with Sony is active but once time is up that'd be fair game.

I have no idea what I want to play. What's that Steam randomizer website?

http://steam-roulette.heroku.com/

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I can get if you don't like it, but there's also DuckTales Remastered.

Oh tis a decent game, but I was sticking to what I thought was the question being asked and not overload with what I would put under the platformer genre as I believe that is the main focus to them. That could really fill up a post full of Super Meat Boy, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, BattleBlock Theatre, Giana Sisters, Joe Danger, Limbo, Pid, Slip, Mega Drive Sonic games, and many many more. Speedrunners I often recommend, but while side scrolling it's hardly action or puzzles and really a racing title instead.
If I include those I might have to start including the 2D side scrolling crafting games such as Terria and Darkout. Then where do I fit in the odd balls like Half Minute Hero or Scribblenauts?

Best for just a quick list of side scrolling action games that aren't too focus platforming or crafting or RPG me thinks.

Tizoc

Can't access Playfire at work but how many days left to get the Wolfenstein rewards? I don't plan on getting the Very Hard difficulty cheevo but will get as many as I can.

Miguel81

There is an AssCreed sale over on game.co.uk. Has anyone purchased part II on there, and is it Steam, Uplay, or Tagés? I contacted customer support, but I'm inquiring here since it might be quicker.

Can't access Playfire at work but how many days left to get the Wolfenstein rewards? I don't plan on getting the Very Hard difficulty cheevo but will get as many as I can.

Available until Monday 2 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

--

Holy crap in a pita, KiD is fanatasic. Maybe Suda51 only directly pitched ideas and stories for this one? I'm so used to Suda51 games being overhyped and underwhelming at best... this is a nice surprise.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You can just replay the last level to get it. It's pretty easy once you have the pattern down and that's the hardest part of the game overall so it's still legit.

kudoboi

anyone else have the issue where steam refuses to download anything? It will download the game for a few seconds and then switch to update required (not queued) and it does that every 10 seconds. I had this for a few weeks now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom