• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those interested, Chainz 2 and some Luxor games not included in the Mumbo bundle are 90% off at Bundlestars.

It's time to search down the back of the sofa again - we've got 5 new dollar Steam deals in Store today:
Chainz 2 Relinked (-90%)[www.bundlestars.com]
Luxor: Quest for the Afterlife (-90%)[www.bundlestars.com]
Luxor: Amun Rising HD (-90%)[www.bundlestars.com]
Luxor: Mahjong (-90%)[www.bundlestars.com]
Luxor Evolved (-90%)[www.bundlestars.com]
And don't miss The Mumbo Jumbo Bundle[www.bundlestars.com], with 10 Steam games for $2.99. Bundle ends in 36 hours!

Dr Dogg

I wanted to play at the native resolution of my tv so I went with PC.

Weird thing is if I try to play at native res it all goes a little wonky. 3200x1800 though gets a resonable 50~60fps with smoother frametiming. But yeah despite having 8 orders of magnitude with my PC I'm going to go out an buy a PS4 specially for Watch_Dogs.

Authority

Banned
Which are the best ports for PC by the way?

So far from me,

Sleeping Dogs
DMC Devil May Cry

And ports mean being released first to console(s) or generally being released to console(s) as well as PC?

Knurek

Im a horrible person who doesnt like MMX.

But... But... But!
48-MM2-1814.png

Dec

You all people are seriously forgetting about Might & Magic X: Legacy.

They are a big company so inevitably they will put out something I'm interested in but the list is very small and I'm not sure I would even want them enough to give them money just due to their port treatment, and uPlay.

I would maybe buy a new Settlers game or an Anno.

So far from me,

Sleeping Dogs
DMC Devil May Cry

And ports mean being released first to console(s) or generally being released to console(s) as well as PC?

First on consoles, then ported to PC. Also multiplatform games with PC not as the lead platform.

I played some Draw a Stickman for cards and that first level with the dragons is so frustrating. I did not expect this from a Scribblenauts-type game.

Authority

Banned
They are a big company so inevitably they will put out something I'm interested in but the list is very small and I'm not sure I would even want them enough to give them money just due to their port treatment, and uPlay.

I would maybe buy a new Settlers game or an Anno.

First on consoles, then ported to PC. Also multiplatform games with PC not as the lead platform.

Oh right thanks. One more question. How do we know if the PC is the lead platform if a game is released on multiple consoles? I assume I would have to search for Dev's comments?

Dec

Oh right thanks. One more question. How do we know if the PC is the lead platform if a game is released on multiple consoles? I assume I would have to search for Dev's comments?

That, or take a look in the settings menu and you will probably find out that way unless it's a well done port.

There are also cases where a team is dedicated to the PC release and it isn't really considered a port as they are made side by side.

So far from me,

Sleeping Dogs
DMC Devil May Cry

There might be others but Dark Souls 2 is just goddamn solid. Very well CPU optimized, looks great and everything is just there.

So I bought Supreme Commander and SC Forged Alliance for steam from the Amazon sales, surprisingly FA key also got me SC2!(is this normal), then I installed all 3 games, SC2 was set to German(wtf) so had to go through the trouble looking up how to get English.

But here's my biggest problem: neither games display my mouse pointer in fullscreen! I mean, the mouse pointer that is displayed on screen doesn't move, but the actual mouse that can click on the options etc is invisible! I game in 1440p. I had a similar problem in BF3, but something like "disable display scaling on high dpi" made it work. Here it doesn't work, I changed compatibiloity mode to windows xp, vista, 7 etc, doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Dec

So I bought Supreme Commander and SC Forged Alliance for steam from the Amazon sales, surprisingly FA key also got me SC2!(is this normal), then I installed all 3 games, SC2 was set to German(wtf) so had to go through the trouble looking up how to get English.

But here's my biggest problem: neither games display my mouse pointer in fullscreen! I mean, the mouse pointer that is displayed on screen doesn't move, but the actual mouse that can click on the options etc is invisible! I game in 1440p. I had a similar problem in BF3, but something like "disable display scaling on high dpi" made it work. Here it doesn't work, I changed compatibiloity mode to windows xp, vista, 7 etc, doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Disable mouse pointer trails?

Search Control Panel for Mouse and it's under pointer options.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a badge for hitting 400 games?

Nope, your next badge will be 500 games.
Director of Acquisitions

vg260

Street Fighter just went live.

Is it the same listing, or did it create a new, second one?

Also, any idea what is imported from the old GFWL save? I'm wondering what happens to your Xbox username on the leaderboards and how it syncs with your Steam one.

Grief.exe

Is it the same listing, or did it create a new, second one?

Also, any idea what is imported from the old GFWL save? I'm wondering what happens to your Xbox username on the leaderboards and how it syncs with your Steam one.

Looks like the same listing.

1.7MB update for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl?

Very curious.

"All S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series games

Multi-Patch
STEAM users will get the patch automatically.
This patch can be applied only to the latest version of each S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game:
Shadow of Chernobyl - 1.0006
Clear Sky - 1.5.10 (1.0010)
Call of Pripyat - 1.6.02

Changes:
1. Switching multiplayer game to GSC server
Because of the declared closure of GameSpy multiplayer game services, we made our own server intended to replace GameSpy
This update is required for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game clients (and servers) to enable establishing connection to a new server.
All CD-Keys issued before are still valid on a new server.
New players' profiles should be created in "Call of Pripyat". Game statistics is not maintained.
2. Enforcing vertical synchronization for rendering engines
Patch can enforce vertical synchronization in a render loop to prevent negative artifacts on high-end graphic cards caused by very high FPS."

Dec

They have a point about the mouse but you should never use a kb/m on a open world game with driving.

Use both. Something like Just Cause 2 seems like it would play like crap with a controller.

Thankfully in a lot of games you can just pick up the controller when you get in a car and put it back down when you get out.

Knurek

Groupees Be Mine 13 delayed:

Jonny Cappuccino — Groupees HQ
16:42
hey everyone, just a quick update on timing for launch...
unfortunately we received the wrong set of keys from Funcom.... they sent Dreamfall by mistake... so we're now waiting for the correct set of keys
once they arrive, we'll start the bundle
again, our apologies for the delay here

Authority

Banned
There might be others but Dark Souls 2 is just goddamn solid. Very well CPU optimized, looks great and everything is just there.

Does DS2 require some kind of DS fix?

Resident Evil 6 is a godly port done by the DmC port team as well.
HZSaV.jpg

The level design in this game is amazing. It is been a while since I played a game with multiple levels offering different art design each time. But what worries me now is whether I will look DMC 4. I hope I do not run to the same syndrome with finishing ME2 and going back to ME1 or from TW2 to TW1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom