• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

louis-cku6sua.gif

What alleyway am I looking at here?

Uzzy

Just bought the RPG Maker Humble Bundle, so here's my spare key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To The Moon -- MB-A787FBCBF0507A21 - Taken by saunderez. 1 entrants total.

t1401445991z1.png

Hope someone enjoys it.

KarmaCow

<Battlefield visual garbage>

Yea I don't understand why developers shove so much garbage on the screen. Had the same problem with Syndicate, way to ruin your game with nonsense.

The best part of that screen is the UI is minimal. Good job guys, way to present a clean look there.

Dr Dogg

I predict that the furore surrounding Project Beast is going to descend to Dark Souls II levels of crazy when the final game gets released.

I have no idea, I don't see it in the options, will have to go look around lol

Not that I know of. Shit-in-your-eyes filter is on by default on BF3/4. Looks waaaaay better at higher resolutions but that's not exactly an option for the vast majority of players.

Knurek

Quick impressions after playing first of seven episodes of:
Law & Order: Legacies

I know next to nothing about the original TV show save for Homicide: Life on the Street crossover episodes, but I still had a fun time.

Game is even more casual than Telltale's CSI games, more akin to a visual novel, really.
Looks really weird, as well - characters are 3D models, but the background is just a low-res screenshot of a 3D scene, similar to what some PS1 games would do. Music is nice, VO is great as well, as is usually the case for Telltale.

In the police part you're generally just interrogating witnesses/suspects and catching them if they're lying. Then after you have a suspect arrested, the format switches to playing a DA, either taking statements or objecting to defense actions, and seeing how this affects jury's decision.

First case was really good, the court part genuinely surprised me. Way better than anything from CSI games. Court sections are also nicely done, pity the idea isn't more used - I would kill for a Perry Mason game.

If the later cases are as good as the first one, it's definitely worth the amount I paid ($3 or so).

Card Boy

Banned
Quick impressions after playing first of seven episodes of:
Law & Order: Legacies

I know next to nothing about the original TV show save for Homicide: Life on the Street crossover episodes, but I still had a fun time.

Game is even more casual than Telltale's CSI games, more akin to a visual novel, really.
Looks really weird, as well - characters are 3D models, but the background is just a low-res screenshot of a 3D scene, similar to what some PS1 games would do. Music is nice, VO is great as well, as is usually the case for Telltale.

In the police part you're generally just interrogating witnesses/suspects and catching them if they're lying. Then after you have a suspect arrested, the format switches to playing a DA, either taking statements or objecting to defense actions, and seeing how this affects jury's decision.

First case was really good, the court part genuinely surprised me. Way better than anything from CSI games. Court sections are also nicely done, pity the idea isn't more used - I would kill for a Perry Mason game.

If the later cases are as good as the first one, it's definitely worth the amount I paid ($3 or so).

Eh looks shit looking at the Youtube videos. The presentation looks very poor.

Wok

When I ask Modbot for my loot, I have got these two bogus lines:
You have the following unclaimed keys registered with ModBot:
EDGE -- BOGUS GAME KEY GOES HERE
EDGE -- BOGUS GAME KEY GOES HERE
[and then it is fine]

This key was used during the beta-test of Modbot. I wonder if there is a way to delete these lines.

With all these teases, leaks and announcements going on it really feels like Valve are being left out of the party :/

Valve are the guys at college who miss out on all the parties and don't seem to be achieving anything.

Then they drop out to... Well to form Valve.

They'll be fine.

Dr Dogg

With all these teases, leaks and announcements going on it really feels like Valve are being left out of the party :/

All according to plan I'd say. I'm glad they're one company that manages to stay relatively clear of all the craziness.

Of course when something does leak (or is fake as is often the case) the internet explodes.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Valve supplies the Source Film Maker so you can create your own misleading CG bullshit trailers for games that may or may not come out. It's like E3 everyday with Steam!

For instance, I can't wait to play Team Fortress 3. Seems very Payday influenced.

Too cool for school, eh? :p

International gonna be big at least. More hyped for that than E3 actually, and I'm just a casual observer.

I just want Source 2 already ;_;

SFMv2 should be good.

Tizoc

Anyone manage to figure why Wolfenstein is 40/50 GB? As in what files are over-bloated to cause it to be so big?

Yes, but I got it cheap, next year it would probably cost me more, so why wait?

Ah fair enough
but what if a cheaper deal on a PS4 surfaces next year :V

Sini

Do developers set the size of the game that shows in installation dialog manually? I kinda remember some developer saying that here.

saunderez

33 GB of Megatextures and there are also nearly 2 hours of pre-rendered cutscenes.

Its a pity you don't get any extra visual fidelity from all those textures. I've seen games 1/3 the size that look better with just as varied environments. Megatexture is a huge failure in my book.

Tizoc

33 GB of Megatextures and there are also nearly 2 hours of pre-rendered cutscenes.

Bleh my bad, but is it possible for these megatextures to be trimmed in size but keep their quality?

I mean the game doesn't look any more visually improved than games I've played last year >_>;

Sorry for the little OT, but is there anyone that can give me some advice on which is the best software to record and render (because from what I know you have to render it after or the size is too big) a gameplay video?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To The Moon -- MB-0141BC8B5C9F8EAA - Taken by Yakkue

oh hi

Anteater

Not that I know of. Shit-in-your-eyes filter is on by default on BF3/4. Looks waaaaay better at higher resolutions but that's not exactly an option for the vast majority of players.

boo, wish i could at least disable the vignette thing, i hate that the most

saunderez

Sorry for the little OT, but is there anyone that can give me some advice on which is the best software to record and render (because from what I know you have to render it after or the size is too big) a gameplay video?
There's a bunch of alternatives but a couple I use are Bandicam and Mirilis Action! both of which let you capture at a resolution lower than you're playing at and compress on the fly to keep file sizes down. For a free alternative you could try OBS.

Dr Dogg

boo, wish i could at least disable the vignette thing, i hate that the most

There are some console (no not PS360 :p) commands out there that allow you to disable certain UI elements and post process options. I'm no my phone right now so can't really have a look for them but I'm sure a quick Google search might bring something up.

Authority

Banned
Reposting.

Metro Redux is brighter, shinier, with "far fewer compromises" on console
dkiUTwq.png

lgwxwgb.jpg

Metro Redux - Official Announcement Gameplay Trailer [UK]

The Redux versions of Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light offer a lighter, crisper version of the game with "far fewer compromises" on consoles than the game's high-end PC version, developer 4A Studios has said. Speaking to Eurogamer, publisher Deep Silver's global brand manager Huw Beynon explained that the two re-makes had been developed over a year by the original Metro game team and were planned to be a "true director's cut".

As previously announced, both console versions will run at 60fps, with PlayStation 4 at 1080p and Xbox One at 900p.

"We're really pleased with the performance from the two consoles," Beynon explained. "We thought it would be 30fps as it's a very CPU-heavy game so we're quite pleased to get the [dev kits] in the studio and get it to 60fps." And it's possible that the Xbox One version could still improve, he added. "At the moment we're at 900p - that might change. I say might, I don't know at the moment, we've still a got a few months to go." Redux still has a vague "summer" launch date.

PS4 and Xbox One versions will use the PC build's high-end textures - an upgrade from the PS3 and Xbox 360 originals. Outside areas have also been re-lit with a new lighting system, leaving environments brighter and filled with more details on screen. Levels have been merged together to create larger environments with no breaks in tension or gameplay, and there's also the choice of playing both in Metro: Last Light-style "Spartan" mode, or Metro 2033-style "Survival" mode with smarter AI, plus slower reload and weapon swap times.

The Redux versions have served another purpose for 4A, too - it has meant that while part of the developer's 80-strong team starts pre-production on "other projects", other staff with later-game roles are kept busy, and allowed the developer to dip its toes into PlayStation 4 and Xbox One development for the first time.

Credits to Eurogamer

Scribblenauts Unmasked is on sale for $5. I liked the original, loved Super Scribblenauts, and found Unlimited really charming. I'm not sure if I'll be all scribbled out, and looking at the achievements I'm not sure if I have the requisite knowledge of DC Comics. (There's an alternate version of Martian Manhunter now?)

Anyone who's played it want to provide their thoughts as to whether it's worth a fiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom