• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjohn86

Now let's play the waiting game...

6b3012ad05.jpg

Is there any indication what traders will have this for?

AkuMifune

Banned
Now have 7 more badges ready to craft, but holding out for the next sale for the surprise goodies they include. Damn it, suckered right into their trap.

Played some Day of Defeat: Source yesterday, still fun. With all of the new engines and multiplayer shooters, sometimes I'm content with the basics. Remember when we were sick of WWII shooters? Now goofy futuristic FPS feel tired.

fantomena

Good day today. Not did I just receive my The Forest press preview code, but just received this too:

efe9fd0bb5.jpg

Will try to make some videos of them for YT too. Just have to get the damn mic soon (damn you, mailman/woman!).

Especially the people who were disinterested in the Dark Souls games yet, suddenly, are creaming their pants because something is different this time i don't know what guys.

The game looks good, don't get me wrong, but it so far looks like Dark Souls with a gun.

I mean, that sounds pretty good but my life force hasn't been drained by my constant cumming, either.

It basically happens for every Souls game though. The hypes brings people in....and then the game play reminds them it's a Souls game that will break your soul.

That being said, Dark Souls + Gun sounds pretty fantastic to me. Still holding on to my life force though.

Just a heads up they have fixed the achievements tracking, but for the rewards that was missing before the fix you have to contact playfire customer support, they won't be adding the missing rewards to your credit if you don't contact playfire customer support.

Thanks.
I read that support statement yesterday and added a ton of achievements to the list I already had from their "we have problems if you earn an achievement within 12 hours of deadline" or whatever. I'm still updating it as I earn them and they don't pop (Tower of Guns didn't get pulled in when it had 7 hours left and I did their "replay the game to make it track" business). After the ToG issue, I had one of my KiD cheevos track, so I thought it was fixed... but now I'm waiting to see if the RE4HD one I got last night scrapes.

Sort of, since I finally fixed my PC and am using steam more and more. It's been unusable due to memory management BSODs for almost a year and it turned out one of my RAM sticks had gone bad, which I didn't even know could happen.

Ah, yeah, that sucks. But welcome back. And glad you like ES.
I remember wandering in this thread around the time I finally built my gaming PC and seeing mentions of ES in places at which point I immediately asked and was shown the light. I cannot imagine browsing Steam without it now and even have the standalone installed on my gaming PC.

Authority

Banned
Good day today. Not did I just receive my The Forest press preview code, but just received this too:

efe9fd0bb5.jpg

Will try to make some videos of them for YT too. Just have to get the damn mic soon (damn you, mailman/woman!).

The picture reminded me of this,

Meet Durango, Nexon's dino survival MMO
durango.jpg

Durango - Official Trailer

Pop quiz, hotshot! Which of these things do not go together: dinosaurs, wooly mammoths, hot air balloons, chainsaws, survival gameplay. It's actually a trick question, because in Durango, Nexon's newest MMO, they all do.

Nexon recently revealed the survival-based dino-tastic MMO with a teaser site. From the looks of it, players will be put into a mish-mash prehistoric isometric setting and challenged to survive by making tools, constructing traps, fighting dinos, and building up a safe home. The title is being made by the folks who did Vindictus.

In an interesting twist, Durango will be heading primarily (from the looks of it) to mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, and Nvidia Shield. You can check out the teaser trailer after the jump.

Credits to Massively
Head over here for more information - Nexon’s New Survival MMORPG Has Dinosaurs

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do developers set the size of the game that shows in installation dialog manually? I kinda remember some developer saying that here.

Steam is actually smart like this. The reported file size is the sum of all depots your account is entitled to.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
ugh, any tips with flight mode in sonic racing transformed? Can't beat these hard/expert races because the AIs smoke me as soon as it goes into flight mode even when I have no problem winning on land.

As always, remember that you can get a boost right at the start if you time it right. Once the 3 leaves hit accelerate and then let go, once the 2 leaves hit accelerate, once the 1 leaves hit accelerate, and hit gas again right as soon as it says go. Easier to do in a kart or boat as the screen goes blank for a second, but it works when starting in an aircraft for the few races that start in that such as the NiGHTS stage.

You do get more speed as you are flying downward, so if you are in a straight away or an area with some high sections and you don't waste too much speed getting up there, get high and then at the final bit dive at a downward angle for a bit extra speed.

There exists something called a Risk Boost. Meaning if you are about to hit a wall or barrier while in flight mode, but then do a trick (a roll) in any direction and avoid it, your vehicle will get a small little boost.

Remember to drift, that's the core mechanic of racing in every section of this game just about, be it the extra turn speed or the drift boost you get. This is especially true for planes as you get around obstacles better.

When it comes to boosting each will increase your speed based off the top speed you are already going. So if you have a drift boost ready to go, let it loose so you are going a top speed before you hit a boost pad and not as you are going through the pad or after the fact as you won't get as much from it.

Try to go for the shortest distance. Rogues' Landing for example has a section where after things are falling apart and you see air ships attacking each other, you can start heading toward the goal and right under one of the sky ships rather than going for where all the items are floating about. Other stages might have less room, but always a quicker straight path usually.

There is the Transformation Boost as well. As you fly through the ring that will turn you back into a kart or a boat, remember to do one final trick before you land.

For air racing and just every part of the game, go do the time trials in the game. The ghosts, be it other racers or the developers, will show you plenty of ways to shave off time.

Tizoc

Valiant Hearts pre-order is up on GMG but it is a Uplay code. Hopefully this means that it'll be up on Steam today =D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It basically happens for every Souls game though. The hypes brings people in....and then the game play reminds them it's a Souls game that will break your soul.

That being said, Dark Souls + Gun sounds pretty fantastic to me. Still holding on to my life force though.

This one is a little different though, as it isn't the Souls hype exclusively bringing them in with this one. It's the idea that it's locked to a single platform.

ugh, any tips with flight mode in sonic racing transformed? Can't beat these hard/expert races because the AIs smoke me as soon as it goes into flight mode even when I have no problem winning on land.

As always, remember that you can get a boost right at the start if you time it right. Once the 3 leaves hit accelerate and then let go, once the 2 leaves hit accelerate, once the 1 leaves hit accelerate, and hit gas again right as soon as it says go. Easier to do in a kart or boat as the screen goes blank for a second, but it works when starting in an aircraft for the few races that start in that such as the NiGHTS stage.

You do get more speed as you are flying downward, so if you are in a straight away or an area with some high sections and you don't waste too much speed getting up there, get high and then at the final bit dive at a downward angle for a bit extra speed.

There exists something called a Risk Boost. Meaning if you are about to hit a wall or barrier while in flight mode, but then do a trick (a roll) in any direction and avoid it, your vehicle will get a small little boost.

Remember to drift, that's the core mechanic of racing in every section of this game just about, be it the extra turn speed or the drift boost you get. This is especially true for planes as you get around obstacles better.

When it comes to boosting each will increase your speed based off the top speed you are already going. So if you have a drift boost ready to go, let it loose so you are going a top speed before you hit a boost pad and not as you are going through the pad or after the fact as you won't get as much from it.

Try to go for the shortest distance. Rogues' Landing for example has a section where after things are falling apart and you see air ships attacking each other, you can start heading toward the goal and right under one of the sky ships rather than going for where all the items are floating about. Other stages might have less room, but always a quicker straight path usually.

There is the Transformation Boost as well. As you fly through the ring that will turn you back into a kart or a boat, remember to do one final trick before you land.

For air racing and just every part of the game, go do the time trials in the game. The ghosts, be it other racers or the developers, will show you plenty of ways to shave off time.

I would also recommend making use of the various mods you have. For a while I stuck with the same mod until eventually I just couldn't keep up with the AIs, no matter how perfect I raced. For the flight ones I think I tended to use the speed or boost mods.

Sini

Steam is actually smart like this. The reported file size is the sum of all depots your account is entitled to.
Payday 2 got file size reduction patch few days ago that reduced its size by 20GB. But it still shows its old size in install dialog.
I faintly remember someone commenting on this somewhere some time ago, but there's no way I can find that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Super Street FIghter IV Arcade Edition is no longer working after the update.

Game just boots, shows the Capcom logo, some other logo and then automatically closes. I already deleted the configuration file that contains resolution and refresh rate and it's still doing the same.

I did have to move and reinstall some games (my Game HDD decided to start dying a horrible death yesterday), but everything went smoothly and other games are working without a hitch.

Anybody has any idea of what cold be happening?

Edit: seems to be a widespread problem: http://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/discussions/0/522728813809899715/

wazoo

SF4 is now steamworks and the save has been transfered. You can ask yourself how hard it was for all games if capcom can do it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That was unexpected.

Microsoft keeps pulling the punches. I'm still waiting on Gears of War, Halo series, and Viva Pinata. Balls in their court.

I think it's sad I'd be more excited for Viva Pinata than any of those others.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Payday 2 got file size reduction patch few days ago that reduced its size by 20GB. But it still shows its old size in install dialog.
I faintly remember someone commenting on this somewhere some time ago, but there's no way I can find that.

You do realise you're agreeing with what I said. right? ;) Payday 2 only downloads ~7GB but the reported size is ~30GB.

Grief.exe

Hope Capcom updates Resident Evil 5 next. It's not out of the picture is it?

They could even sell that DLC they never released on PC.

I've been waiting to pick up RE5 when they do that. Money on the table Capcom.

I was doing the same with Bulletstorm, but we all know what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom