• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think it's more personal preference. I think most games control like crap with a controller. Guess it's relative.

Some games are good some are bad with controllers. I'd be interested how you can play racing games with a kb/m. I've tried it before and almost through my mouse out the window. Never Again.

Does DS2 require some kind of DS fix?

nope. Not at all. It's quite a competant port. Of course you can use external tools if you want to push it a little higher (ENB, Durantes Downsampling tool,etc.), but nothing is needed out of the box. I'm just running maxed out at 1080p/60fps with my 560ti and 2500k

r3n4ud

Groupees Be Mine 13 delayed:

Good job Funcom

ebqW2aI.gif

Levyne

Banned
Does DS2 require some kind of DS fix?

HZSaV.jpg

The level design in this game is amazing. It is been a while since I played a game with multiple levels offering different art design each time. But what worries me now is whether I will look DMC 4. I hope I do not run to the same syndrome with finishing ME2 and going back to ME1 or from TW2 to TW1.

Nope, but Gedosato is a nice tool to consider.

I mean i get it, people are having a tough time coping with Project Beast being a PS4 exclusive. As a PC gamer first and a console gamer second i, too, would like to see the game on other platforms just because a PC version would look godly.

That said, it is damn near hysterical to see some of the reactions happening in that thread. It has seriously devolved to the point where at least one xbone owner is hoping that microsoft buys sony so that they can get project beast on their platform and im pretty sure they're being serious. that shit would've been laughed off of this forum years ago as a gamefaqs-caliber post, haha.

Look, if i gotta live with halo/gears/dead rising 3 never seeing the light of day on other platforms then those duders got cope with this, as sucky as exclusives are. That's the business for ya. if you wanna play it all then you gotta get all of the machines.

Gangxxter

They have a point about the mouse but you should never use a kb/m on a open world game with driving.
I use kb/m all the time in open-world games. Nothing beats moving the camera around your car with the mouse.
I also hate switching between different input devices (if the game supports it).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning Gaf, whats happening, any news today?

Groupees is down, did bemine come out?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I mean i get it, people are having a tough time coping with Project Beast being a PS4 exclusive. As a PC gamer first and a console gamer second i, too, would like to see the game on other platforms just because a PC version would look godly.

That said, it is damn near hysterical to see some of the reactions happening in that thread. It has seriously devolved to the point where at least one xbone owner is hoping that microsoft buys sony so that they can get project beast on their platform and im pretty sure they're being serious. that shit would've been laughed off of this forum years ago as a gamefaqs-caliber post, haha.

Look, if i gotta live with halo/gears/dead rising 3 never seeing the light of day on other platforms then those duders got cope with this, as sucky as exclusives are. That's the business for ya. if you wanna play it all then you gotta get all of the machines.

I'll take that over people masturbating over the fact that the game will only ever come out on one platform.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There have been a crazy amount of Enhanced Steam downloads in May. I'll wait til tomorrow to recompile the stats, but so far the "slowest" day had 1,368 downloads. It was a Sunday. It's been the third best month for downloads ever, surpassed only by July 2013 (Summer sale) and December 2013 (Winter sale).

Seriously, a huge "thank you" to everyone who uses it. I know a lot of you are helping spread the word, and I wanted you all to know that I really appreciate it.

I'll take that over people masturbating over the fact that the game will only ever come out on one platform.

Both are bad, but every time an exclusive comes out for a platform that isn't the xbox there's always that one post going WHY DOESNT MICROSOFT BUY THEM THEY HAVE ALL OF THE MONEY EVER like with bayonetta 2 and it's like cmon son.

It's better than that because it's based off a 19 second
awesome
clip.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh thank god. DLC for SSF4 carried over. Panic over them doing what they did with Street vs Juggle PSP2 unjustified. Maybe Capcom finally learned.

Also them putting in "Steam profile" to replace the X-box/GfWL profile for online mode's Y button prompt = good. Shame King of Fighters '13 didn't do the same.

There have been a crazy amount of Enhanced Steam downloads in May. I'll wait til tomorrow to recompile the stats, but so far the "slowest" day had 1,368 downloads. It was a Sunday. It's been the third best month for downloads ever, surpassed only by July 2013 (Summer sale) and December 2013 (Winter sale).

Seriously, a huge "thank you" to everyone who uses it. I know a lot of you are helping spread the word, and I wanted you all to know that I really appreciate it.

Just started using it this week and love it. Keep up the great work with it!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man travelling through the open world in Watch Dogs at night looks absolutely incredible. Seeing the city lit up in the distance is just great. I really hope GTA5 good graphics edition gets announced at E3 for a summer release. I really don't want to borrow my friends 360 copy and pop the wrong cherry.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
HZSaV.jpg

The level design in this game is amazing. It is been a while since I played a game with multiple levels offering different art design each time. But what worries me now is whether I will look DMC 4. I hope I do not run to the same syndrome with finishing ME2 and going back to ME1 or from TW2 to TW1.

I haven't played DMC yet, but those screens seriously remind me a lot of one of the beginning areas of El Shaddai.

Uzzy

Oh thank god. DLC for SSF4 carried over. Panic over them doing what they did with Street vs Juggle PSP2 unjustified. Maybe Capcom finally learned.

Also them putting in "Steam profile" to replace the X-box/GfWL profile for online mode's Y button prompt = good. Shame King of Fighters '13 didn't do the same.

I'm surprised there isn't a deal on for SSF4 this weekend. Wanted to pick up some of the costume DLC.

Just read in another thread that PC games were much cheaper in the 90's because they came on floppies.

I should go dark on GAF until after E3. My brain can't take it.

Man travelling through the open world in Watch Dogs at night looks absolutely incredible. Seeing the city lit up in the distance is just great. I really hope GTA5 good graphics edition gets announced at E3 for a summer release. I really don't want to borrow my friends 360 copy and pop the wrong cherry.

Not summer. Fall.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Especially the people who were disinterested in the Dark Souls games yet, suddenly, are creaming their pants because something is different this time i don't know what guys.

The game looks good, don't get me wrong, but it so far looks like Dark Souls with a gun.

I mean, that sounds pretty good but my life force hasn't been drained by my constant cumming, either.

Evrain

Somehow, Capcom seems to be (slightly) more conscious about the community and its desires than most software houses. Reminds me of what they did with Ace Attorney.

Dr Dogg

Redeeming the RPG Maker Humble Bundle, and connecting through Steam, does anyone else's home page appear in Polish? kinda weird:

Turkish hence why it says "dil" in the top right where it should say "language". Just flip it down and press what should be "İngilizce" if you want english.

You know how some people really like to complain how Dark Souls 2 controls are unresponsive. Well, I have only played offline on the PC version for like 4 times (1 time without connection, 3 times I have lost connection to Steam) and on every single of those times the controls have turned into a sluggy mess. I just ran into a pit in a straight bridge because my inputs turned into a lag fest.

It really makes ya think :shrug:

Also only 8 sunbro summons in like 4 hours. Feels bad man

That sounds not at all like my experience.
I can't say I had any sluggishness at all with DS2. The only issues I had was some slowdown occasionally which I attributed to running off my Steam drive combined with downloading to that same Steam drive during gameplay. As far as the summoning stuff goes, are you over/underleveled? At an unpopular spot? Have too high of a Soul Memory?

my playfire credit is gone :|

it shows $0 on playfire.com, but it does show up on GMG

??

They found you out. Your hax are done, girlie. Time to get out your 3DS. :p
Apparently this happened and was fixed while I was sleeping. Hopefully you got your credit fixed... I'm still waiting to see my RE4 achievement track since their scrapping is still sketchy.

Also, Metal Gear Rising is way too long. I didn't even want to complete it on Xbox 360.

Way too long? The game is like... 6 hours, max. The main "meat" of the game consists of missions 2-3-4. Mission 5 is all of 15 minutes, Mission 6 is a boss fight, Mission 7 is a 10 minute level before the final boss fight.

How long to beat has an average of 6 hours 15 min for completing.
It was, if anything, too short for how fantastic the combat engine was. I think I must've put in 120+ hours into that game across PS3+PC.

I know if I buy a PS4 for Project Beast it will just end up accumulating dust. I will buy one anyways though.

Same.
Though at least mine will get a workout streaming whatever to my Vita.

Street Fighter just went live.

Nice.

Is there a badge for hitting 400 games?

No.

500 and 1000 are all you have left to hit if you're over 250.

Hopefully this is the patch that reinstates the original "In-This-Tractor-Pull" theme song.

I was just thinking that I kind of hoped that USF4 would bring that back or at least give an option to select it as an option.

Sorry. Gotta pay $15 for that upgrade.

You'd better be right, sir.

Some games are good some are bad with controllers. I'd be interested how you can play racing games with a kb/m. I've tried it before and almost through my mouse out the window. Never Again.

nope. Not at all. It's quite a competant port. Of course you can use external tools if you want to push it a little higher (ENB, Durantes Downsampling tool,etc.), but nothing is needed out of the box. I'm just running maxed out at 1080p/60fps with my 560ti and 2500k

KB/M, in my opinion, is reserved for games that require mouse input to be effective... such as RTS games. I do not want to control a cursor or pointer with the right analog. Outside of those instances, 30 years of consoles has pretty much put me in the "gimme a controller" camp.

Just started using it this week and love it. Keep up the great work with it!

Did you also just start posting in the SteamGAF threads this week?
Otherwise, I'm absolutely baffled on how people are here and are NOT using JShackles amazing work.

I haven't played DmC yet, but those screens seriously remind me a lot of one of the beginning areas of El Shaddai.
Grrr. Fix your capitalization next time, sir. There's a reason it's DmC and not DMC5.

Did you also just start posting in the SteamGAF threads this week?
Otherwise, I'm absolutely baffled on how people are here and are NOT using JShackles amazing work.

Sort of, since I finally fixed my PC and am using steam more and more. It's been unusable due to memory management BSODs for almost a year and it turned out one of my RAM sticks had gone bad, which I didn't even know could happen.

Ruruja

Is the next Steam OT the anniversary thread? When is that happening?

I think that's July. MRORANGE said he was gonna put some lists in the OP on most posts, giveaways etc so I thought an apt title would be "STEAM | July 2014 - A JaseC Tribute", but I forgot July is the summer sale, so it will probably be about that.

vg260

So does your Steam ID replace your previous Live name on your online record when you import a save?

Also, are the 11 and 12 colors unlocked? Those had to be hacked previously.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think that's July. MRORANGE said he was gonna put some lists in the OP on most posts, giveaways etc so I thought an apt title would be "STEAM | July 2014 - A JaseC Tribute", but I forgot July is the summer sale, so it will probably be about that.

I think we could figure out a title that incorporates both the summer sale and the fact that JaseC is some sort of Australian machine, amassing an army of posts while the rest of the world sleeps, fueled by its insatiable hunger for Saoirse Ronan photos.

The irony is that despite ORANGE's abhorrence of lists the anniversary thread is probably going to be full of them.

Number of free kicks to the potatoes accepted instead of Serious Sam: 0.

didamangi

Apparently this happened and was fixed while I was sleeping. Hopefully you got your credit fixed... I'm still waiting to see my RE4 achievement track since their scrapping is still sketchy.

Just a heads up they have fixed the achievements tracking, but for the rewards that was missing before the fix you have to contact playfire customer support, they won't be adding the missing rewards to your credit if you don't contact playfire customer support.

SSF4:AE questions..

Anyone know if the none steam version of the installed files can be copied over to the steam install folder and steam just finds the missing files or do i have to download the steam version?

Yakkue

I found some more unredeemed games in my humble library. Take them if you want~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-89509BB7021BBA41 - Taken by tjohn86
Dark Fall: The Journal -- MB-EC19A1DB6623715F - Taken by Knurek
Dark Fall 2: Lights Out -- MB-5B7E1888A5961503 - Taken by topyy
Aura: Fate of the Ages -- MB-1420CC7D6B66B962 - Taken by En Ex
Shivah: Kosher Edition -- MB-64DF2B92FCA2A3DE - Taken by Cyberquake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom