• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
capsule_616x353.jpg

The store page of Rise of Nations: Extended Edition is up.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450/

Like that its code name is "Phoenix"

Should I feel ashamed because I have no idea about what is Rise of Nations? Looks like a beloved well known franchise and yet I never heard about it before.

You know what else would be cool? If all these MS games got a linux release too :p

hey, Gabe did say he wants to see every Steam game on linux eventually.

That sounds not at all like my experience.
I can't say I had any sluggishness at all with DS2. The only issues I had was some slowdown occasionally which I attributed to running off my Steam drive combined with downloading to that same Steam drive during gameplay. As far as the summoning stuff goes, are you over/underleveled? At an unpopular spot? Have too high of a Soul Memory?
[/spoiler]

I really should record a video of the thing I described, the games from solid as butter to unplayable without Steam. Not sure what's up with the summoning, at first I got summoned every second and now I just don't. Oh well, I got my sunblade already. I put my summon down at three places, Rhoy's Resting Place, before the boss in Aldias Keep and one before Throne Of Wants door and it's the same thing: sometimes I get summoned immediately, sometimes I wont and taking on/off the sign doesn't help either. My soul level is highish I suspect (around 3000K or 30000K) so that might be it (around lvl 160). But yeah, the phase of getting summoned would have been great but I wanted the Sun Sword as fast as possible (which was disappointing to boot). Also I am in Finland so time differences might be a problem (my settings have been set to unrestricted). Other than that I have zero complaints about the online play.

Finished the Wolf Among Us Ep4. I am liking it more than TWD S2 (and I really like that too), but Wolfie is just.. great!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Should I feel ashamed because I have no idea about what is Rise of Nations? Looks like a beloved well known franchise and yet I never heard about it before.

It's the spiritual successor to Birth of a Nation.

Or at least that's what I always associate the name with in my head.

Anteater

For air racing and just every part of the game, go do the time trials in the game. The ghosts, be it other racers or the developers, will show you plenty of ways to shave off time.

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to check out the diving thing, my friend told me I fly faster if I dive downwards before, but I didn't really notice it or probably doing it wrong.

I would also recommend making use of the various mods you have. For a while I stuck with the same mod until eventually I just couldn't keep up with the AIs, no matter how perfect I raced. For the flight ones I think I tended to use the speed or boost mods.

Yeah, one of the air time trial challenges was when I noticed I was having trouble keeping up, had to use the fastest kart but that was only on normal mode, so I still need to shave off more time.

does anyone here play ffxiv? GMG says it has other DRM, with no mention of steam. I guess that doesn't mean Steam just launches a separate browser? Also, is this game any good? Kinda dont wanna pay a sub, but if its good enough for xelios....

Please play this. It's a lovely game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-B34D44920D1EEC02 - Taken by Authority. 2 entrants total.

t1401470247z1.png

Indiegala Indie "Encore" bundle
link: www.indiegala.com

FIRST 48 HOURS DISCOUNT Pay only $1.0 or more to get all these games before PRICE INCREASES!

IndieGala Capsule Computers "ENCORE" Bundle consisting of 7 FANTASTIC STEAM GAMES IS LIVE!

For only $1 you can pick up these 7 amazing steam games below!

LUME (STEAM)
Tobe's Vertical Adventure (STEAM)
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (STEAM)
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (STEAM)
The Cat Lady (STEAM)
C-RUSH (STEAM)

Mozendo

They did a PC build article?

Did it just say buy a Macbook?

At least macbooks comes with a decent graphics card
I think
The most memorable build is their $1000+ one which didn't have a graphics card.

The rest were just bad. An unlocked processor with a Z87 motherboard and cases that came with power supplies. Yuck

Some still left from my previous giveaway...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE (Desura) -- MB-2BD294B9639933D6
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz, Trump's Journey (Desura) -- MB-20BBDC78D07CD48E
ulgzbKC.png
Samphi (Desura) -- MB-3F36368B7AE58C88
Jolly Rover -- MB-A692B9A3ADF7CB09 - Taken by Gianni Merryman

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Jazz, Trump's Journey (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Samphi (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Jolly Rover was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
does anyone here play ffxiv? GMG says it has other DRM, with no mention of steam. I guess that doesn't mean Steam just launches a separate browser? Also, is this game any good? Kinda dont wanna pay a sub, but if its good enough for xelios....

I'm pretty sure the GMG version of Final Fantasy XIV isn't a Steam copy. The "Other DRM" is just that it requires a Square Enix account.

The game is pretty cool, and purchasing it comes with 30 days of game time. Very much worth playing if you're a fan of the series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FF14 is totally worth is for the free month (well, "free")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom