• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stomping Land, Among the Sleep and The Forest has at least had a lot of talk around them in the press.

Those games also lend themselves for streamers better. Among the Sleep for scares and the other two for dicking around. Wouldn't be surprised if the Forest at least stays up longer. Just look at how Transistor or Battleblock disappeared after a couple of days :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I might get what you mean by saying that I'm agreeing with you. Not sure. But...
Payday 2 base depot shows that it's still as large as it was before the update. How are depot sizes measured then?

What I was referring to was the install size as reported by Steam when installing -- it weighs up the depots your account has access to. Thus, in my case, Payday 2 purports that it needs 30GB (base content + a bunch of DLC), but the actual download size is far less.

To illustrate, here's the former (sum of the depots that my account has licensed):

payday2_1mruuj.jpg

Versus the latter (sum of the actual data that is being requested):

Basically, Steam doesn't calculate what you need -- and what you demand -- until you install a game.

derExperte

Got a 75% voucher for 0RBITALIS in my inventory, never heard of that one but the reviews are good....

You do realise you're agreeing with what I said. right? ;) Payday 2 only downloads ~7GB but the reported size is ~30GB.

And it's 12GB after install.

Is Payday 1 still a valid choice these days ? Does the game have bots to compensate any lack of players ?

http://steamcharts.com/app/24240

Doesn't look good. And bots will lead to frustration as you have to do everything yourself.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lume -- MB-0C4B876407EA387A - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
C-RUSH -- MB-DCF7C4E61DC71C5D - Taken by Deques. 4 entrants total.
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-061DA4958A34BF40 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-62DD111961F9B225 - Taken by Turfster. 6 entrants total.

t1401472833z1.png

kudoboi

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lume -- MB-CFD909EA5BD4FFFF - Taken by Shalashaska
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-335224AE34C4F747 - Taken by KenOD
indiegala gift urls

Nabs

Valiant Hearts: The Great War™ / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre™ - $14.99 (June 25th, 2014)

I really should record a video of the thing I described, the games from solid as butter to unplayable without Steam. Not sure what's up with the summoning, at first I got summoned every second and now I just don't. Oh well, I got my sunblade already. I put my summon down at three places, Rhoy's Resting Place, before the boss in Aldias Keep and one before Throne Of Wants door and it's the same thing: sometimes I get summoned immediately, sometimes I wont and taking on/off the sign doesn't help either. My soul level is highish I suspect (around 3000K or 30000K) so that might be it (around lvl 160). But yeah, the phase of getting summoned would have been great but I wanted the Sun Sword as fast as possible (which was disappointing to boot). Also I am in Finland so time differences might be a problem (my settings have been set to unrestricted). Other than that I have zero complaints about the online play.

so if I read this right...you are at 3mil SM at the end of NG? Yeah, you're going to have a rough time getting summoned with that range.

kudoboi

looks interesting. I have yet to complete state of decay. On my Original playthrough I stopped at 50% of the story because I hated how the entire town became infested with zombies after taking a hiatus. Now I am doing a second playthrough with the standard zombie time mod. However, I have taken another hiatus on the game because of wolfenstein, battleblock and watch doggies

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
They are in the process of changing stuff. They just removed the stuff blocking Family Sharing,

They also removed the CDKey stuff. So I hope you guys got yours.

Code:
History
4 minutes agoRemoved ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
4 minutes agoChanged changenumber – 540613 › 540627
8 minutes agoRemoved exfgls – 1
8 minutes agoRemoved SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 1
8 minutes agoRemoved LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp45760\SteamKey
8 minutes agoRemoved LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
Yeah, the CD Key option just disappeared from the game's library view, guess they'll remove the store restriction soon-ish.

I'm not sure what's going on in that inventory pic... does that mean that it's a new Bulletstorm entry and the older ones have been invalidated or something?

Ruruja

Have fun.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

RPG Maker XP -- MB-27D2B60045F7DCBF - Taken by NingenJanai
To The Moon -- MB-AC67B40530299847 - Taken by Benedict

Tizoc

Valiant Hearts: The Great War™ / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre™ - $14.99 (June 25th, 2014)

Aw yiss gonna save up as much Gaben dollars as possible and buy this unless I can find it cheap via Key Trading

imho, reviews based off of preview / beta keys should be clearly marked as such, similar to Early Access reviews

Basically, if the dev gave you a free pre-release key, I'm kind of inclined to be wary of your review.

well said, and I am curious if there are any sites that give poor reviews based on free copies given by devs.

If you were given a copy, thats one thing, and people like sterling and angry joe made a name from being critical, but they aren't emailing devs for steam keys. But If you give a glowing review of a free game, theres an agenda there. Fantomena is smart in that he stopped even giving scores for games, and when he was, the lowest I saw was a 7 (sans the 3 for Goat Simulator, a game that marketed itself as broken). He's a shill and its embarrassing, but the developers don't care because its positive "press" or pullquotes, and he doesn't care because its a free game and bragging rights.

jediyoshi

Bulletstorm never left steam when the EApocalypse happened, it left recently presumably because of the GFWL stuff. dont get excited

Nah, the implication is that they have something in plans for future support. Otherwise a majority of the time publishers just let GFWL riddled games lapse after Steam runs out of keys ala Fable 3.

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone getting the Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis spotlight on groupees? Tempted because it looks nice but I have a feeling it will be in like 20 bundles anyway when it comes out.

Authority

Banned
Sorry for the off-topic but what language is this?

สวัสดีครับท่านผู้ชมทุกท่านผมช็อปเปอร์คุง­นะครับ หยุดอัพคลิปไปหลายวันเพราะไปหาทางแคสเกมขอ­งเพล์3 ในที่สุดก็ทำได้ ลองทำครั้งแรกความละเอียดภาพดรอปลงไปหน่อย­เพราะใช้สายสัญญาณRCA ที่เป็นสายAV 3สี ที่เราๆท่านๆเคยใช้เสียบทีวีน่ะครับ เลยไม่ค่อยชัด ถ้าเป็นสาย HDMI ละก็ภาพจะสุดยอดกว่านี้อีก ไว้จะหาทางครับผม ก็เชิญชมได้เลยกับเกมแรกคือเกม Gundam EXVS ของเครื่อง PS3 ครับ

เช่นเคยครับชอบก็กด Like กด Share และ Subscribe คอมเม้นติชม อยากให้แคสเกมไหน ของเครื่องอะไรผมยินดีจัดให้ตามคำขอครับ ขอบคุณครับ

Taken from โอเรวะ กันดั้ม - Gundam EXVS Part 1

Levyne

Banned
I've seen Payday 2 go free for a weekend a few times. Seen some GAFfers think that it's pretty fun. Is there a quick go-to video or such that shows what the multiplayer is like? I don't know much about it at all.

Grief.exe

Thai

Hi all , I have an audience Chopper -kun here. Stopping the clip up to several days to find it Pae Dreamcast game 3 . Finally , it is I first made a resolution to drop me a line because the cable RCA AV 3 colors we 've used it , you plug the TV it. Is not clear if the HDMI cable , then the picture is more than this. I will find a way I was invited to watch the first game is a PS3 game Gundam EXVS it.

As always, I like 'Like Share and Subscribe to Comments Comments Dreamcast game I wanted . Of what I'm willing to make the request , thank you.

HoosTrax

Thai

Random factiod - the Thai name for Bangkok is กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยา มหาดิลกภพ นพรัตนราชธานีบูรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์มหาสถาน อมรพิมานอวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยวิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

derExperte

Bought a DeathAdder mouse, feels good but I think I really need more buttons plus a macro to maximize windows vertically, a function I use all the time, doesn't work. The buttons on the left side are also loud as hell. And after 30 minutes of use something broke off inside, if I shake the mouse a piece of plastic rattles around. Next stop Roccat Kone Pure Optical which was a flash deal on Amazon.de which I discovered by pure chance. Nice.

I feel like every time we get one of these 'hype threads', the title eventually gets changed to "port beg = ban".

While that's certainly annoying I wish those threads also had a 'exclusivity brag = ban' rule.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nah, the implication is that they have something in plans for future support. Otherwise a majority of the time publishers just let GFWL riddled games lapse after Steam runs out of keys ala Fable 3.

err I was just talking about in relation to other EA games coming to steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom