• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thai

Random factiod - the Thai name for Bangkok is กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยา มหาดิลกภพ นพรัตนราชธานีบูรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์มหาสถาน อมรพิมานอวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยวิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

That's a lot of bang for your kok.

Grief.exe

Nah, the implication is that they have something in plans for future support. Otherwise a majority of the time publishers just let GFWL riddled games lapse after Steam runs out of keys ala Fable 3.

Wasn't Fable 3 removed when Microsoft took down all of their GFWL games from the store. Microsoft Flight, Fable 3, and AOEO.

Nabs

$15?! Dat Steam Tax. I remember getting the XBLIG version for a solitary quid.

Tyrone Rodriguez of Nicalis had this to say:

- We did announce 1001 Spikes two years ago. We've remade the game from scratch. The original game (1000 Spikes) was built on IG Maker and not a port.

1001 Spikes also has:
- over 100 levels (1000 Spikes had 20-something)
- over 20 characters (1000 Spikes had one)
- An actual story with cutscenes and multiple endings and stories for each character (1000 Spikes didn't have this)
- 1-4P co-op and versus modes (1000 Spikes was 1P)
- Professional chiptun music by two great musicians (1000 Spikes had designer music that wasn't great)
- Coming to Wii U, 3DS, PS4, PSV, Xbox One, Windows, Linux and OSX (1000 Spikes was XBLIG only)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would anyone like the gift version of Divinity: Original Sin's duo pack for $18? It comes with Orignal Sin + Beyond Divinity + Divine Divinity. Note that I don't have it yet; I'm hoping to split the cost ahead of time as I have exactly zero cents in my PayPal account and I'd rather not dip into my Real Money(tm) bank account unnecessarily.

Edit: Sorted.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
capsule_616x353.jpg

The store page of Rise of Nations: Extended Edition is up.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450/

Ooooh, nice.

1001 Spikes now has a store page. The game comes out on the 3rd, and it'll have a 33% off discount if you own Cave Story+ or NightSky. I think it's launching at $15.

I've been looking forward to seeing impressions of this version of the game
from both PC and 3DS users

Valiant Hearts: The Great War™ / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre™ - $14.99 (June 25th, 2014)

Another game I'm looking forward to seeing impressions of, despite Uplay.

Xhorder

1001 Spikes now has a store page. The game comes out on the 3rd, and it'll have a 33% off discount if you own Cave Story+ or NightSky. I think it's launching at $15.

I've been waiting for this one to arrive on Steam since I saw it mentioned somewhere (I believe the Braid guy was playing it a few months ago). 15 dollar - 33% discount sounds fair... is there someone who doesn't own Cave Story?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Of course, buying a game on X360 on a locked marketplace of a dying console is so much forward thinking.

Yeah, uplay is definitely a stable and solid infrastructure guaranteed to last well into the future

I was going to reply with a sarcastic picture of my uplay avatar but I can't because uplay's website is down

Tellaerin

Thai

Random factiod - the Thai name for Bangkok is กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยา มหาดิลกภพ นพรัตนราชธานีบูรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์มหาสถาน อมรพิมานอวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยวิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

The real question is, what does that translate to in English? (If it's that long, I'm assuming it's a descriptive phrase in Thai and not just a simple place name.)

Thai

oh yeah, I remember that from a Travel Channel ad

Santiako

The real question is, what does that translate to in English? (If it's that long, I'm assuming it's a descriptive phrase in Thai and not just a simple place name.)

Google translated:
Bangkok Amon Rattanakosin Mahindra Ayudhya's Dilok Worlds Nopparatrajathanee Pendlebury Rd. Great place rich palace Amon Piman static Avatars Saka gravitational flawless performance on Vishnu

lol

Compared to older Paradox titles, EUIV is VERY noob friendly. Now you'll still want to supplement your learning via some YouTube tutorials, but that's to be expected when diving into the deep end of the strat-genre pool.

The game of and by itself offers up great tutorials (a first for Paradox) and the in-game menu system is their most intelligent, and sophisticated to date. After you get your head around all of the game's information possibilities on offer, you'll marvel at the UI team's contribution to the project.

Anyway, the game isn't for everyone as it has a steep learning curve. It's also one of those, you get out of it what you put into it kind of deals. But for those interested, EUIV is by far the gentlest introduction into the Grand Strategy genres.

There's a demo on the Steam page for you to try before you buy. The game is also in Steam Workshop and right off the bat, I'd recommend nabbing the Better UI Mod as it makes the small text way more legible.

awesome, thanks for the feedback!

HoosTrax

"City of angels, great city of immortals, magnificent city of the nine gems, seat of the king, city of royal palaces, home of gods incarnate, erected by Visvakarman at Indra's behest."

(all credit goes to WikiTravel)

Milamber

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/6/6a/JeanGrey442.jpg/406px-JeanGrey442.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.comicbookreligion.com/img/s/t/Storm_4.jpg[IMG]

?[/QUOTE]

Phoenix = SteamDB name of Rise of Nations.
Storm = BulletStorm and JaseC's fall from grace.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
For now. I'm going to be optimistic and assume the game has returned simply because the GFWL sunset date has been pushed back.
There is something I'm not getting then. From the screenshot I assumed that those copies you have are unusuable, rather than just no longer worth more than the store price due to the game being available again.

Not exactly: the game was pulled when Valve ran out of keys.
I had totally forgot that Fable 3 was removed, and I had intention to eventually buy it. Is there any place still selling Steam keys for that one?

Good.
I just pray they won't go to the other end and add gifting restrictions and whatnot.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Anybody here owns a Ouya and wants a Broken Age key?

They just gave every backer a Ouya copy of the game :p

The_Monk

Yeah, uplay is definitely a stable and solid infrastructure guaranteed to last well into the future

I was going to reply with a sarcastic picture of my uplay avatar but I can't because uplay's website is down

Indeed.

I guess some people can't understand opinions these days. I'm never going to be loyal to a product, big corporation or a machine/console and it's a shame so many create console/system wars and are always constantly trying to justify their system of choice. I choose games, that is enough for me. This is why every thread with a big game now must have "Port beg= ban" in the title and it seems people are having a difficult time to respect other's opinion. It actually prevents me of sharing my opinion sometimes because there's a lot of hate. And hate solves nothing.

Tenrius

I got a 75% off 0rbitals coupon and... I think I'll buy it. Yeah, I'm that easy.

EDIT: Did anybody else get it or was it just random?

fantomena

What kind of system are you running and hows the performance? Your video is really pushing me to buy it.

GTX 690, 12 GB RAM, i7-2600,3.4 GHz if I remember correctly.

Tried it on my school laptop, ran fine on medium with a little lagg on high. My school laptop is a pile of shit and is uanble to run Rogue Legacy.

derExperte

Pandora: First Contact is a science fiction 4X turn-based strategy game on a planetary scale.

It was released a while ago outside of Steam so reviews should be easy to find, afair the reception was good but no exceptional.

nampad

Steam on Mac OSX has to be one of the most annoying things ever. It always autostarts even though I tried to deactivate it via Dock and Steam preferences already. What am I doing wrong?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I hope that port was done externally for free or something, because they definitely won't make any money on it and they don't seem to be having a lot of that.

It should be more or less just the Android version of the game they planned to release anyway.

MUnited83

For you.
I hope that port was done externally for free or something, because they definitely won't make any money on it and they don't seem to be having a lot of that.

Isn't the Ouya OS basically a reskinned Android? They will probably make money on the Android version and the Ouya version had very minimal costs to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom