• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
much longer than the X360 service I can bet.

I dunno. The thing with Uplay is that Ubisoft can only justify its ongoing existence for as long as it has a tentpole that can support it -- I mean, sure, Uplay sells third-party games, but nobody thinks to themselves, "Oh boy! I'm going to head to shop.ubisoft.com and buy some games!" Ubi sells non-Ubi games because it makes sense to be non-restrictive, not because there's demand.

When people read musings that Microsoft should sell off the Xbox brand, I think they tend to jump to the conclusion that "Xbox" should die, but even the most cynical among us won't deny that the name has value -- the problem for Microsoft is, over the past 12-odd years, it hasn't been a profitable venture, and so there is merit to the idea that the brand should be sold off in favour of doubling down on corporate licensing opportunities.

Basically, XBL could and will live on even without MS behind it, but Uplay has the dubious luxury of being entirely dependent on Ubisoft's ability to churn out multi-million sellers -- and I can only do so much to ensure the viability of Assasin's Creed.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Not sure if it was brought up already, but I was just checking the Steam CD Keys page and apparently CoD4 keys are accepted now.

I think the NeoGAF servers are located there. Not necessarily him.
He used to live there, not sure if it still does.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They are in the process of changing stuff. They just removed the stuff blocking Family Sharing,

They also removed the CDKey stuff. So I hope you guys got yours.

Code:
History
4 minutes agoRemoved ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
4 minutes agoChanged changenumber – 540613 › 540627
8 minutes agoRemoved exfgls – 1
8 minutes agoRemoved SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 1
8 minutes agoRemoved LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp45760\SteamKey
8 minutes agoRemoved LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
This was definitely a surprise. I'm not really a fan of the game, but it's nice to see it won't become unplayable once GFWL kicks the bucket.

It was released a while ago outside of Steam so reviews should be easy to find, afair the reception was good but no exceptional.

Holy shit, I would've been all over this a few months ago but with all of the new releases I've bought recently--Transistor, Killer is Dead, Wolfenstein: New Order and Watch_Dawgz--and Civ Beyond Earth on the horizon, Slitherine's timing to finally release this on Steam could't be worse. Definitely wishlisted but I don't know when I'll buy it.

Sajjaja

Ya it's a great game and the music is incredible. I regularly listen to soundtrack.

Edit: I also got a few hours into that Game of Thrones game the same dev made but didn't really enjoy it. One of the highlights of the game is tipping the normal Orcs and Goblins are mindless creatures that need to be killed on it's head and also there is some really great backstory stuff around the middle that really was the moment I realized I really liked the game.

Yeah the soundtrack in Of Orcs And Men is stellar. Highly recommend that game to everyone.

As for Game of Thrones, it's one of those games where you have to play a fair bit in order to get pulled in by a story and enjoy it.

Authority

Banned
Thai

Random factiod - the Thai name for Bangkok is กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยา มหาดิลกภพ นพรัตนราชธานีบูรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์มหาสถาน อมรพิมานอวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยวิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

How about

Steam l June 2014 -The road to Bangkok is long.
tumblr_mwf15a4vDF1qk1kszo1_500.gif

Me trying to be funny

Anyhow that is amazing and thanks for the answers.

So the Steam version of AE is live. Two little things to note: The game says v. 2014 now instead of 2012, and Capcom finally bothered to fix the title callout. On PC it just had the Super Street Fighter 4! sound clip (which is weird since regular super was never on PC), now they play the correct AE sound clip on the title screen.

OCD satisfied. :p

What about lag? Dota swarms could have an impact.
Uh... I haven't tested it extensively, but the netcode seems the same as ever. So, just okay. It's just P2P anyway.

redlacs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galcon Fusion -- MB-67892F44E857B401 - Taken by angular graphics

my first modbot giveaway. of course i forgot to add some rules :) oh well, live and learn.
enjoy!

Grief.exe

Yeah, uplay is definitely a stable and solid infrastructure guaranteed to last well into the future

I was going to reply with a sarcastic picture of my uplay avatar but I can't because uplay's website is down

I agree, but I just end up ignoring Uplay titles entirely.

Hopefully it is dead by the time The Division releases.

Authority

Banned
How about Skyrim meets Banished meets Fable 3?
northern6.jpg

Northern Shadow Trailer

Well, this is ambitious: combining a first-person role-playing game with a city-building game with a kingdom management game. It's a bit like Skyrim meets Banished meets Fable 3. And it's called Northern Shadow, and it comes from... Turkey. It's an indie game with big ideas, then, and it's on Steam Greenlight awaiting your vote. Apparently it's coming out in Early Access form in summer 2014 (if successful on Greenlight).

The trailer explains and shows the concept best. It starts with a lovely sequence of your character looking at settlement-planning map, placing houses and then looking out onto the actual settlement and those houses and structures rising out of the ground. I've looked around but can't find much information on the developer. Whether there's any kind of track record to base a chance of 'can it deliver this' on remains to be see.

Original Source - RockPaperShotgun

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Dev, December 2012:
I’d love to put The Floor is Jelly on Steam. However… Let’s talk about Greenlight. Here’s a list of awesome games that, as of writing, Greenlight has excluded from access to Steam:
Knytt Underground
Kentucky Route Zero (I’ve been fortunate enough to help beta test this, and it is already one of the most incredible games I’ve ever played.)
Fotonica
Probability 0
Sokobond
POP: Methodology Experiment One
FRACT OSC
The Sea Will Claim Everything
La Mulana
qrth-phyl
Kario
The Real Texas
BasketBelle
Waiting for Horus
Death Ray Manta
Cardinal Quest II
Dino Run SE
Incredipede

In addition, and this is an old point to those familiar with the Greenlight controversy, the fee is too high for me. I live on a budget of a few thousand dollars per year. To me, $100 is a non-trivial amount of cash

My main concern with Greenlight is this: although it is made to seem a platform of inclusion (all the verbiage on the Steam page speaks of it in terms of putting games on Steam), it is rather quite the opposite.

Dev, Feb 19, 2014
THE FLOOR IS JELLY IS ON GREENLIGHT

Ta da!

Steam greenlights The Floor is Jelly, Mar 19, 2014

yarp

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can you not die in Transistor?

just fucked up royally and after 3 times of dying and rewinding, the game just went "aw fuck heres all your health back" and all it did was remove 1 spell

His concerns weren't invalid. At the time, greenlight was allowing a measly amount of games to go through. I mean, wadjet eye had to go through it even though they had already had a game published on the platform.

These days, though, if you just sneeze near RPG Maker you'll get that put through on greenlight. So yeah, he comes off as a bit of a fool when you put those two comments together but i'm not sure that's very fair given the history of greenlight.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

just fucked up royally and after 3 times of dying and rewinding, the game just went "aw fuck heres all your health back" and all it did was remove 1 spell

When your health reaches 0, it removes your most costly ability. When you lose all of your abilities, you die.

Grief.exe

Technically it should remove 1 spell for each time you die so you have a few chances before game over.

Grief.exe

The Duke

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project -- MB-CB6E8993D76C5313 - Taken by Dusk Golem

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I see. thats super forgiving then

Yeah, it is. But it starts getting harder the more abilities you lose, so there is a whole strategy involved with that as well. Such a great game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, it is. But it starts getting harder the more abilities you lose, so there is a whole strategy involved with that as well. Such a great game.

hmm. im still waiting for it to "click". doesnt help im not very good at it >_> looks gorgeous tho

also I think that if this was a japanese game, the incoherent story would be fucking trashed as "anime drivel", but because its from the bastion devs, it gets a pass. Unless this all makes sense soon, than Ill eat my words.

louiedog

What I love about that is you have to visit a couple of points where you swap abilities before you get them back. It's a great encouragement to switch up the way you play and experiment with different functions and combinations. If it weren't for that I probably wouldn't have found a couple of combinations that I ended up really liking and relying on because what I had before was more or less working fine.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
forgot this one in the last giveaway

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project -- MB-ACBDC8AAA2C01F21 - Taken by X05

Grief.exe

hmm. im still waiting for it to "click". doesnt help im not very good at it >_> looks gorgeous tho

also I think that if this was a japanese game, the incoherent story would be fucking trashed as "anime drivel", but because its from the bastion devs, it gets a pass. Unless this all makes sense soon, than Ill eat my words.

It took a while for the game to click for me as you don't acquire enough abilities to formulate a good strategy and setup until later in the game.

Considering the length of the game, they should start just dumping abilities on you about two hours into the game, just after you overcome the initial learning curve.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The most recent Cabela's game was cheap as dicks during the recent Acti sale. IIRC I paid $9 for it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Thanks for Duke, The_Super_Inframan!

Also reposting for the new page as it seems everyone missed this megaton:
Not sure if it was brought up already, but I was just checking the Steam CD Keys page and apparently CoD4 keys are accepted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom