• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I started playing Gray Matter today and while I'm finding it pretty interesting so far, it feels a bit too clunky animation wise. Sam is totally to my taste as a MC though.

Who on earth uses the Light theme anyway?

*raises hand*

I just feel more comfortable with it.

Famaze is a side project by the creative director of bungie? That makes me more interested in it than then average pixel roguelike that pops on steam these days. Curious to see some impressions

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Famaze, a game included in the last batch of Greenlight approved titles, is now available for $3.74, currently at a discount of 25%.

There's also this:

The new, engaging levels are even more stunning and impressive. New weapons have been added, along with new opponents, and even more action and tactics.

The game supports four languages: English, Russian, French and German.

The game settings are balanced to meet the goals of different players. If you want to test your skills and strategy, you can play the difficult level. If you are just playing for fun, then choose easy or medium level.

Greater variety of weaponry and landscape types gives you huge freedom in choosing your battle tactics. Choose the right weapon type and position to make sure your defense is effective. Airstrikes and the possibility of temporarily increasing weapon power can give you the advantage, and guarantee you will never get bored in the battle process.

Early Access; 10% off ($4.49) for the next week.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So I listed a bunch of <$0.05 crap in the Market yesterday and made $0.64 back already!
Feels nice.
Also TF2 keys were going for $2.20 yesterday are trending back up today (cheaper seems $2.37 at the moment)

Duriii

Just got to 400 games on my profile:

iRh9fXpALAGX5.png

I know, it's not 2600 with something, but still... Not everyone is JaseC ;)

Backlogger

They will hide if you turn on the options to hide them.

That's true, but that setting affects all of Steam and I would only want to hide them on that screen specifically. I actually usually like seeing the games I already own in the SRPs.

Really the issue is the grid layout. I hate grid layouts in general. If they just listed the weekly deals in rows it would be easier to read through.

Tenrius

Anyone played Dream already, any impressions? I've been interested in the game since before it was greenlit, but I'm not about to buy it just yet.

Colin.

Hmm, I was tempted by Journal. But upon further inspection, it is rather short. I see full walkthroughs on youtube that are just under 1.5 hours long. is it worth getting in the future at a lower price? As I do quite enjoy story driven games, like Gone Home.

Dr Dogg

Next week on PlayFire rewards, Bad Rats.

Why is it so difficult to send gifts in Darksiders 2?

The system initially used THQs servers and they were bit of the flakey side but when they were in trouble they got shut down so for one period you couldn't send or receive gifts from users at all. It took Nordic a while to to get them back up but I suspect there was a bit of reverse engineering involved as the Steam forums do have a few moaners about the Pay It Forward achievement.

There's also this:

Early Access; 10% off ($4.49) for the next week.

At a first look this reminds me of iBomber Defense, colour me interested.

Hmm, I was tempted by Journal. But upon further inspection, it is rather short. I see full walkthroughs on youtube that are just under 1.5 hours long. is it worth getting in the future at a lower price? As I do quite enjoy story driven games, like Gone Home.

Have you tried Serena? It's quite short and it's story-driven - good voice acting as well - but it's free-to-play so you may give it a try.

Colin.

Have you tried Serena? It's quite short and it's story-driven - good voice acting as well - but it's free-to-play so you may give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be sure to try it out. I actually hadn't heard of this game, until now. Had a quick look, and it seems quite interesting. Appears to be just over an hour long, and it's free, so not much to lose even if I don't like it.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be sure to try it out. I actually hadn't heard of this game, until now. Had a quick look, and it seems quite interesting. Appears to be just over an hour long, and it's free, so not much to lose even if I don't like it.

You're welcome!
Another free to play short game - just an hour-ish long - it's more a Half life 2 mod than a point and click game but there's some sort of a story, is Estranged part 1 http://store.steampowered.com/app/261820/

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Any reason for me to get Jet Car Stunts when I already have Trackmania Unlimited?

Edit: Estranged looks nice, think I'll try that out. Thanks for bringing that up.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Strategic War in Europe -- MB-9C9018BA47C9784C - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.

t1399324529z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon is now available for $6.99.

7mkN6gU.gif

The Desolate Hope, a game that was approved thorugh Greenlight, is also available, for $9.99.

About the Game

On a distant edge of an unknown planet, an abandoned structure sits in silence. Constructed by an unmanned research vessel sent from Earth, the Lun Infinus station was designed to run simulations for a five year period, exploring possibilities of human colonization in the case that Earth became uninhabitable. Developed during an age of ambition and wealth, the project was quickly abandoned when interest faded in the following years.

The last transmission from Earth occurred more than thirty years ago. The Lun Infinus station contained five sentient computers, Derelicts, built with certain levels of mobility in the case of emergency or need for relocation. Each of these Derelicts was to formulate their own plan for colonization based on thousands of hours of simulations. Given the amount of time that has passed however, the simulations have become very elaborate and bizarre. Meanwhile however, a mysterious computer virus has emerged. The virus of unknown origins has been slowly ravaging the Derelicts. Because of this, more and more CPU processing power has been needed for anti-virus measures, leaving less power for the simulations. Coffee is the last mobile resident of the station, a small service robot who spends his days keeping the station and the Derelicts operational as they perform their daily tasks. Since CPU power is slim, Coffee has been cutting corners to find ways around the virus. By using small subsystems and less vital CPU's scattered through the station in lesser devices, Coffee has designed a line of digital helpers, each simply called a D-Co, or "Digital Counterpart", to assist him in fighting the virus and keeping the station operational. Eventually the virus gets the best of each D-Co, and Coffee tries to create an improved D-Co using a different CPU. The latest is D-Co 9, built using the code of a simple computer game. Coffee dedicates his own CPU to be used for the main simulations, putting D-Co in charge of moving his body throughout the station, taking care of the needs of the Derelicts, and fighting off virus attacks when they occur.

You missed the required quote for it.
Gamespot said:
This game has multiple genres, an '80s sci-fi flick art style, and a coffee pot

Coffee pot is one of my favorite genres.
Actually kind of interested in the game, might download that demo.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

The Desolate Hope, a game that was approved thorugh Greenlight, is also available, for $9.99.

You missed the required quote for it.
Gamespot said:
This game has multiple genres, an '80s sci-fi flick art style, and a coffee pot

It's actually a rather good mix-mash of different types game play styles that flow well into each other as an interesting story experience a la classic odd-ball titles like Syndicate or other sci-fi adventure games, it just does it bit differently, odder one could say, to help stand out.

Demo of it can be tried over at Amazon US http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008H3QCYU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 is now available as an early access title for $9.74, currently at a discount of 25% off until May 12th.

About the Game

From the author of Spice and Wolf, Isuna Hasekura, comes WORLD END ECONOMiCA. The opening video features music by Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets, known for the opening songs for High School of the Dead and Strike the Blood.

A three part visual novel set in the far future on the moon, 16 years after humans have begun to colonize it. A young boy named Haru has been chasing his wildest dream. His dream is to stand where no man has stood before, and in order to do so he needs capital, a ludicrous amount of capital. What better place to get that amount of capital by using the stock market? There are two key rules that govern the stock market.

The first rule: Never take a loss.
The second rule: Never forget the first.

Only those who follow these rules are able to obtain enormous wealth...

I would also type a little more about 8BitBoy in this post, but I'm not sure if it's downloadable yet, or if it's just pre-purchase since it says "ready to launch the 8th of May" on its page.

Any reason for me to get Jet Car Stunts when I already have Trackmania Unlimited?

Edit: Estranged looks nice, think I'll try that out. Thanks for bringing that up.
I never played much Trackmania, but Jet Car Stunts is a precision platfomer with a rocket car. While there is a speedrunning element, it's more similar to a game like Nitronic Rush: precisely navigating obstacles at high speeds, finding shortcuts to create even faster routes, controlling your trajectory mid-air, etc.

I haven't played the PC version yet, but I played the hell out of the IOS game. I really like the abstract style, others might be turned off, and the graphics have gotten a really nice upgrade. And I imagine the PC controls are much better than touch/tilt

I am a bit disappointed that the first game was ported. The second is better in every way, has more vehicles with their own handling and specialties, more tracks with remixed hard versions, Race mode, Stunt mode, a track editor

Dr Dogg

Once the price tanks I'll buy the cards and make a badge.

Well I was thinking if the price is around $0.20 per card and you get 3 drops (I guess) how cheap had Bad Rats been? If it is $0.49 you probably make a teeny weeny profit on buying a copy on a fresh account and idling cards. If you get a foil then it's quids in. Do this hundreds of times over and the odds are going down all the time.

What other games that hit rock bottom in price also have cards?

Edit: Of course there's a window of opportunity whilst the price is like it is and how much demand there is. But Bad Rats has become a joke unto itself now so who knows how crazy people will be to pay for missing cards just to have a badge on their profile.

Edit, edit: And no, before anyone says anything I was not just contemplating buying a couple of hundred copies of Bad Rats during the Summer Seal to set up some illicit Trading Card mining operation.
Well maybe for a second or 2.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
DreadOut has gone gold and releases on Steam on May 15th!

DreadOut Launch Trailer

Steam Store Page

DreadOut will release for $14,99 on Steam. The game will include two DLC's, the first being an expansion down the line known as Act 2 (some expansion to the game's story). The second beingknown as Free Roam Mode, which will release down the line as well. No price has been determined yet for both DLC pieces, though all who helped fund on Indiegogo will receive the DLCs for free.

DreadOut will release default with only the English audio dub, subtitled languages for English, Indonesian, and Spanish, and only support for Windows PC. Down the line support for Mac and Linux will release too, there will be an added Indonesian dub, and they hope to have more supported sub languages.

Those who funded on Indiegogo will get a Steam key on May 13th and be able to play the game two days before official release.

Some screens:

mrgone

Famaze is a side project by the creative director of bungie? That makes me more interested in it than then average pixel roguelike that pops on steam these days. Curious to see some impressions

Speaking of things to pay attention to by people who have been employed by Bungie, Enemy Starfighter is looking so ridiculously good:

pa5RYiK.gif

bsM80Zx.gif

nRBjC9J.gif

xBgV4RY.gif

iB90KhsrsifIJ.gif

iqUluZlHlgSsm.gif

The gifs have been around for ages, but this video's fairly new

Procedurally generated guerrilla war in space. Oh lordy.

BruteUA

Is there a way to look at my entire friends list when gifting? I only see a few and they don't even have the game.

That I don't know, and had I not just seen the notification that my colleague below was playing at the time, I'd probably never had known he did. I guess I had it easy in return for worshipping the Reaper all these years. I knew all these little figurines would pay off one day! Add one of us if you need to.

lol thanks for the scythe..i think i sent you a couple hammers :D its easy achievement

You got GMG cash and I got a giant f'n hammer to crush my enemies with. That was like the best deal ever!

DreadOut has gone gold and releases on Steam on May 15th!

DreadOut Launch Trailer

Steam Store Page

DreadOut will release for $14,99 on Steam. The game will include two DLC's, the first being an expansion down the line known as Act 2 (some expansion to the game's story). The second beingknown as Free Roam Mode, which will release down the line as well. No price has been determined yet for both DLC pieces, though all who helped fund on Indiegogo will receive the DLCs for free.

DreadOut will release default with only the English audio dub, subtitled languages for English, Indonesian, and Spanish, and only support for Windows PC. Down the line support for Mac and Linux will release too, there will be an added Indonesian dub, and they hope to have more supported sub languages.

Those who funded on Indiegogo will get a Steam key on May 13th and be able to play the game two days before official release.

Some screens:
Are the skirt textures intentionally looking like it's translucent?

Volimar

I love shooters, but I'm not a big fan of multiplayer except for coop. I wish there was a CoD with an incredibly long campaign...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom