• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Seeing regular releases of Visual Novels on Steam, I never thought I'd see the day.

But still no Steins;Gate...5bp/Nitro+, I don't get you.

World End Ecomomica is so bought.

Haha, it does look like him.

At least they're drawing from the right well for inspiration lol

MRORANGE

They are really starting to run out of names for series, I mean advance warfare? really?

heck even my parody of it a few years back wasn't as bad as that title.

7MAmP.png

Levyne

Banned
Switching to a 3 year dev cycle shows that maybe they are interested in actually trying.

And then they come up with "Advanced Warfare".

Sounds like a Gameloft clone.

They are really starting to run out of names for series, I mean advance warfare? really
Switching to a 3 year dev cycle shows that maybe they are interested in actually trying.

And then they come up with "Advanced Warfare".

Sounds like a Gameloft clone.
CoD: Modern Warfare > CoD: Advanced Warfare

Obviously a callback to the original game that launched the whole modern shooter craze and the start of a new CoD series that they probably hope has the same impact

Seems fitting IMO

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I look forward to when they go back to the past. Call Of Duty: Really Big Rock Warfare.

Just Cro-Magnums (early humans) at war with Neanderthals.

Levyne

Banned
CoD: Modern Warfare > CoD: Advanced Warfare

Obviously a callback to the original game that launched the whole modern shooter craze and the start of a new CoD series that they probably hope has the same impact

Seems fitting IMO

You may be right.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ss_9c2a0040aec3508c40134442597987eaa01cc7c4.600x338.jpg

I can't not see the British dude from Binary Domain

uJnP1Cz.png

This man has a name! It's Charlie... somthing. It's good that he's getting his own game, he definitely deserves it after being second chair for all of Binary Domain. Those Dan Americans...

Binary Domain 2 needs to happen.... but, please, don't Kickstart it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't know why people think Advance Warfare is a poor name, the advance part is ar ather generic title addition to a better version of a weapon, armour, vehicle, or field strategy for the past decade or so in the U.S. and U.K. military.

I agree it's not a great name, but it sure as hell beats out the other generic titles for improved versions. Just imagine "Call of Duty: Improved Warfare" inspired by the Improved Outer Tactical Vest or "Call of Duty: Superior Warfare" after the Superior Tactical Scope or "Call Of Duty: Future Warfare" after the modernisation of the U.S. Army in the mid 2000s?

They also couldn't call it Cardboard Box Warfare, that's too powerful. So instead watch a great movie that mixes Modern Warfare series with Metal Gear Solid. It really is quite funny even if you are only a fan of one or the other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hpkGShO-Ko

Looks like Bad Rats got cards.

Still not going to get it. Not unless I finally lose one of those Russian Roulette giveaway of one good game and several Bad Rats of course.

Tizoc

Damnit GAF, don't die on me when I have 9 hour night shifts!

You people are dead to me if you submit COD:AW into the next SteamGAF GOTY awards :p

I wann play it for Kevin Spacey look a like dude, i.e. the SP campaign, but at the same time I feel the SP campaign and the way it's design and structed would insult me as a human being.

Seeing regular releases of Visual Novels on Steam, I never thought I'd see the day.

But still no Steins;Gate...5bp/Nitro+, I don't get you.

World End Ecomomica is so bought.

At least they're drawing from the right well for inspiration lol

What VNs got announced/released recently? WE Economica and what else? (At work can't access Steam)
...and I'm just assuming that GBP/Nitro+ don't want Steam to get some of the cash cut or something?
Eh Japanese gaming companies are just wierd to me *shrugs*

Darksiders II is getting better, starting with the death realm.

Darksiders 2 IMO, has some really good gameplay but it's too long for it's own good =(
I'm gonna play it for the cash rewards, and then come summer, replay the PS3 ver. to get some Trophies and trade it off.
If I feel like it :V

RedSwirl

Cthulhu and Breath of Death VII any good? They seem to nail the 8-bit RPG aesthetic better than most games that try. But I heard they can only be played at up to 720p.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I am definitely late to the party on this Bad Rats review but I wish I had the time and or imagination to post reviews like this.

A few years ago in the town of Middlebury Oregon, there was a man named Joseph Woodstock. He liked to be called Joey. He was a nice fellow, with a few close friends. The local ladies who saw him sometimes bowling at the local Bowl-o-Rama Bowling Alley said he was pleasant on the eyes. He was a nice guy to be around, and a very pleasant conversationalist. He knew all the right things to say, and never seemed to be on anyone's bad side. He never had a run in the with local police, and was very straight and narrow. He owned an auto parts store in town. the shop being one of only 2 auto places in town was profitable, leaving Joey to skip the 9 to 5 grind, and have plenty of free time to pursue more leisurly activities. Joey was American as apple pie, and loving life to the fullest. He did have a girlfriend, whom he had even asked to marry him recently. She gladly accepted. Joey's life seemed set.

Joey was a good wholesome average man, with lots to live for. Which is why none of the rest of this makes sense...

On the night of September 14th, 2012, Joey was last seen sitting outside of his 2 story home, on his steps. A neighbor recalls seeing Joey through her window across the street. Joey appeared to be shaking, wearing only what appeared to be a towel, shorts (possibly boxers), and no shoes on. He looked a mess. The neighbor went downstairs, and when she went out of her door to see if Joey was okay, he was gone. She went to his front door and rang the doorbell, but there was no answer.

2 days later, Joey's body was found outside of town washed up in a riverbed.

Police say there was no signs of foul play, and it appeared that he had commited suicide by jumping off a bridge located further upstream, breaking his neck on impact. None of this made sense. This man, whom was recently engaged and not in any trouble financially or otherwise, took his own life? This made no sense at all.

Police searched his home and found no evidence of foul play. When they searched his den, the lights were flickering off and on, with a faint humming coming from a computer fan. The computer had been left on. Maybe there were clues here? One officer walked up to the computer desk, and touched the mouse enough to get the computer out of sleep mode. what he saw haunted him. A few seconds later, the computer monitor sparked, and then it shut off. It had died. As well as the computer with it.

Haunted by what he had seen, officer Henry King mentioned none of this to other officers, and left what he had seen on the screen out of his report.

4 days later, Henry King was found dead in his apartment. He had hung himself the night before.

On his computer monitor it flickered off and on. Bad Rats: The Rat's Revenge. Scribbled on a notepad also on his desk, in almost illegible hand writing was a small message: "Abandon all hope ye who enter here"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What VNs got announced/released recently? WE Economica and what else? (At work can't access Steam)
...and I'm just assuming that GBP/Nitro+ don't want Steam to get some of the cash cut or something?

The only VN other than Economica that came out today was the VN-RPG hybrid Planet Stronghold. Still, two in one day is really good to see.

IIRC, the US publisher has been working on getting Steins;Gate on PC, but there's probably some communication problems getting in the way. The guys usually running Japanese media companies generally have problems understanding stuff about the western market.

I bought the Indie Gala bundle mainly for Collateral, which is a Steam Greenlight game and looks AMAZING. Indiegala promises Steam keys when it's released. How does all of that work? Any way to check on the release dates of Greenlight games?

derExperte

Had to idle two hours for three Bad Rats cards. And in desperation I even downloaded the game and played a few levels. I've seen things.

Tizoc

I learned alot about myself while GAF was down, I discovered that I have nothing to do but play games or come on here and talk/bitch about games.

Yo man I felt somewhat similar too.
I had been reading comics and wanted to talk about them on GAF, but GAF had to get sober to get the Dark theme back up and well...

I believe that you generally can if there are two (which is rare to begin with), but the one you list is the exception, where you have to choose one.

I can back this up.

Yeah, I figured that out... it was so strange that I couldn't summon two like normal. Stupid memories.

Had to idle two hours for three Bad Rats cards. And in desperation I even downloaded the game and played a few levels. I've seen things.

I was wondering why people were "playing" bad rats...

Have an extra Gentlemen! key...have at it. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gentlemen! -- MB-328D65356BE5675E - Taken by factorone. 3 entrants total.

t1399339157z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom