• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Had to idle two hours for three Bad Rats cards. And in desperation I even downloaded the game and played a few levels. I've seen things.

tumblr_lhrm9wwWd01qzw64lo1_r2_500.gif

I just think it's hilarious that the game is now trending on Steamcharts, and it peaked out at 268 concurrent players almost immediately after cards were released.

earth 2066 will probably be worth a lot to insane steam count +1 guys in a few months.

It won't take that long. The game was never on sale, meaning people were unlikely to pay full price to add it to their inventories. I give it a week, tops, before someone is selling it for $50 or more.

zkylon

zkylewd
DreadOut has gone gold and releases on Steam on May 15th!

DreadOut Launch Trailer

Steam Store Page

DreadOut will release for $14,99 on Steam. The game will include two DLC's, the first being an expansion down the line known as Act 2 (some expansion to the game's story). The second beingknown as Free Roam Mode, which will release down the line as well. No price has been determined yet for both DLC pieces, though all who helped fund on Indiegogo will receive the DLCs for free.

DreadOut will release default with only the English audio dub, subtitled languages for English, Indonesian, and Spanish, and only support for Windows PC. Down the line support for Mac and Linux will release too, there will be an added Indonesian dub, and they hope to have more supported sub languages.

Those who funded on Indiegogo will get a Steam key on May 13th and be able to play the game two days before official release.

Some screens:
sounds alright, tho that skirt is creeping me out

no release discount pls!

My GOTY so far is probably The Banner Saga.
hmm i have very mixed feelings about that game

Your Soul Memory is fucked now lol

I keep my SL intentionally low as I have more fun with the challenge and have the build I want so no real need to level up. Whenever I PVP I run into these monsters who are probably SL 200+

Nah. I like my character to be able to do whatever I want, so in order to use all the miracles/hexes/magics I need to have a level of at least 65 in INT and FAITH... and I'm not even there yet. I think my "waifu" has 28 strength and dex so she can use most of the weapons I like... and the game is still plenty of challenging because my health is all of 10, maybe... so pretty much everything 1 shots me. The only real reason I care about any of the online features at the moment is that I need to find a couple of phantoms to help me kill one of the secret bosses... other than that, I'm done with the game (save taking a spin and a half through NG+ and 1/2 of NG++ or so (however long it takes to get Drangleic Castle open so I can go buy the missing miracles and pyromancies I need to get the last 2 achievements).

Currently mine is either NaissanceE or some cool indie game no one here has probably heard of.
RevolvingAlarmingAnnashummingbird.gif

I voted for that on greenlight, I think.

DocSeuss

I love shooters, but I'm not a big fan of multiplayer except for coop. I wish there was a CoD with an incredibly long campaign...

I'd like to see a CoD where you could actually use all the equipment you get during the campaign. Ghosts has all these cool tools... except you can't, y'know, USE them. They show up during scripted segments. Imagine maps that were huge and expansive, letting you set up a remote sniper here, or queue up drones there (maybe shutting down AA turrets).

I guess I'm thinking like contained sandbox maps that you can dominate however you like to get to the objective you need. That'd be sweet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey steamGaf how goes it? What a shitty day I had, anything new going on to cheer me up? I saw there was a new indie gala with lococycle, that's not too bad I guess. Anything else going on?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey steamGaf how goes it? What a shitty day I had, anything new going on to cheer me up? I saw there was a new indie gala with lococycle, that's not too bad I guess. Anything else going on?

Bad Rats got cards, and Valve is offering refunds to people who purchased Earth: Year 2066 after taking it off of the store. :)

I'd like to see a CoD where you could actually use all the equipment you get during the campaign. Ghosts has all these cool tools... except you can't, y'know, USE them. They show up during scripted segments. Imagine maps that were huge and expansive, letting you set up a remote sniper here, or queue up drones there (maybe shutting down AA turrets).

I guess I'm thinking like contained sandbox maps that you can dominate however you like to get to the objective you need. That'd be sweet.
Battlefield singleplayer would play better that way too! Why confine itself to linear levels when the series is known for open terrains?

mrgone

You can preorder Call of Duty: Advance Warfare now! You get nothing for doing it!

Bad Rats got cards, and Valve is offering refunds to people who purchased Earth: Year 2066 after taking it off of the store. :)
Hah, nice. That's actually pretty good news.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm can't really think of a goty already

like short "reviews" for shit i've played:

mgr r: hated it, pretty much the same that happened to me with ninja gaiden sigma, i don't like its style at all and i hate it for not being more like bayonetta. was really a chore and a disappointment

banner saga: amazing production values but most of the gameplay mechanics are wrong some way or another and they didn't push the oregon trail thingie nearly enough

broken age ep1: too easy, felt like a tutorial but cute enough to win me over and get me excited for act2. if act2 is not a real adventure game i'm gonna be pissed tho. i don't want a telltale game

titanfall beta: pretty cool, would prolly buy the final game if it wasn't gonna be milked for map packs like hell. plus it'll never be cheap enough for me to just impulse buy it

dark souls 2: pretty good so far, but doesn't strike genius like dks1 did. well iron keep is great but it's just one area.

bio infinite dlc: i enjoyed it, specially ep2, i don't even pretend i understand what the hell is going on but it's presented in a fun way so whatever, i like it

ftl expansion: it's still ftl and i still don't get it. i like getting my friends and family killed but i suck way too much at this to enjoy it

so yea nothing too crazy so far, dark souls 2 is leading it pretty easily but i want wasteland 2 and dead state to give it a run for its money

That looks really cool! I thought I was looking at Galak-Z for a second there, but there's definitely room for more free-scrolling shooters in my universe. And it's been greenlit! On my list.
It's great. Who wouldn't like a game where you play a cyberdragon who destroys demonic rocket chainsaws with tractor beam flamethrowers, drill missiles, and teleporting attack bears?

The controls are just tight and responsive and you can mix and match all kinds of weapons and abilities. There's a demo here if you want to try. I've been pretty single-handedly maintaining the NeoGaf thread, a bunch of GIFs and webms there.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
titanfall beta: pretty cool, would prolly buy the final game if it wasn't gonna be milked for map packs like hell. plus it'll never be cheap enough for me to just impulse buy it
I wouldn't rule that out, a couple of weeks ago the game + season pass was about US$32 in Origin (LatAm), alongside BF4+Premium for 20 and BF3 vanilla for 3 or so.

DocSeuss

Battlefield singleplayer would play better that way too! Why confine itself to linear levels when the series is known for open terrains?

There comes a point in Battlefield 3 where a character, Campo, says "use your blade." It's a stealth level, and it instructed me to crouch earlier. Now, the game forced me to use my blade. There was nothing I could do about it. But whatever, I sneaked up behind the dude, clicked the stabby button... and died.

I tried again. Died. Nothing I did let me pass. I died each and every time.

This was frustrating.

Eventually, I found out the problem: I wasn't standing.

Yes, the game had taught me, throughout its entire sneaky level, to, y'know, sneak, but for this one, I had to boldly walk up behind a man and shank him. It was totally counterintuitive to the rules I'd been taught by the game previously, and nothing but trial and error determined my success.

Seriously, Dishonored-like (albeit way larger) sandbox levels would be phenomenal.

Lomax

Cthulhu and Breath of Death VII any good? They seem to nail the 8-bit RPG aesthetic better than most games that try. But I heard they can only be played at up to 720p.

Cthulhu saves the World is good fun and quite funny, it drags on a bit after a while but it's well worth a play through. The graphics are serviceable at best though, wouldn't worry much about resolution.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wouldn't rule that out, a couple of weeks ago the game + season pass was about US$32 in Origin (LatAm), alongside BF4+Premium for 20 and BF3 vanilla for 3 or so.

tbh i just don't want to pay so much for a game i know is gonna split up its playerbase down the line

prolly has to be 20 or less for me to consider it, i don't care about battlefield 4 or 3 or 19 :p

Card Boy

Banned
Give Activision 2 weeks tops and Advanced Warfare will cost $100 in Australia. (its currently $60)

edit: nvm my work is proxied. Its $90

*shakes fist*

There comes a point in Battlefield 3 where a character, Campo, says "use your blade." It's a stealth level, and it instructed me to crouch earlier. Now, the game forced me to use my blade. There was nothing I could do about it. But whatever, I sneaked up behind the dude, clicked the stabby button... and died.

I tried again. Died. Nothing I did let me pass. I died each and every time.

This was frustrating.

Eventually, I found out the problem: I wasn't standing.

Yes, the game had taught me, throughout its entire sneaky level, to, y'know, sneak, but for this one, I had to boldly walk up behind a man and shank him. It was totally counterintuitive to the rules I'd been taught by the game previously, and nothing but trial and error determined my success.

Seriously, Dishonored-like (albeit way larger) sandbox levels would be phenomenal.
I have no memory of this at all, that shows how forgettable the campaign is. It's probably because you can not trigger the takedown animation while crouching.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
tbh i just don't want to pay so much for a game i know is gonna split up its playerbase down the line

prolly has to be 20 or less for me to consider it, i don't care about battlefield 4 or 3 or 19 :p
I just used those as a comparison, like if BF4 already hit 20 then I'm sure Titanfall will go for that or less in the Xmas sale or whatever :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone explain this earth 2066 drama please?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
bio infinite dlc: i enjoyed it, specially ep2, i don't even pretend i understand what the hell is going on but it's presented in a fun way so whatever, i like it

Short version (spoilers for full BioShock Infinite DLC):
Episode 1: A version of Comstock has the Lutece Twins put him in pre-fall Rapture to escape his guilt over the death of a version of Elizabeth; Elizabeth has him killed. Episode 2: Elizabeth returns to Rapture, a process which makes her lose her powers because the plot requires her to lose her powers, to save Sally, a Little Sister. During this process she helps Atlas get Suchong's research on mind control and escape Rapture-jail, directly causing the events of BioShock 1. She ends up dying.

Rhaknar

Guys was that 25% voucher that some people got from GMG still working? Thinking about buying Bound by Flame to get my mind out of recent events :/

zkylon

zkylewd
Short version (spoilers for full BioShock Infinite DLC):
Episode 1: A version of Comstock has the Lutece Twins put him in pre-fall Rapture to escape his guilt over the death of a version of Elizabeth; Elizabeth has him killed. Episode 2: Elizabeth returns to Rapture, a process which makes her lose her powers because the plot requires her to lose her powers, to save Sally, a Little Sister. During this process she helps Atlas get Suchong's research on mind control and escape Rapture-jail, directly causing the events of BioShock 1. She ends up dying.
well i get the superficial stuff, i'm not THAT stupid :p

it's a lot of the whys and the hows that i don't understand like
who the fuck is sally and why does everyone care so much for her? why does she lose her powers? when does this happen in elizabeth's time? which elizabeth is which and same for booker?
etc etc

i've had a bit of the story explained to me but parallel universes and time travel are just over my head. i liked how it was told, so i enjoyed the ride, and i appreciate what it was trying to do, even if it failed miserably and hilariously ended up making abolitionists look like bad guys.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Guys was that 25% voucher that some people got from GMG still working? Thinking about buying Bound by Flame to get my mind out of recent events :/

It should still work with Bound by Flame. 9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE is the voucher I found. It doesn't seem to work with GMG credit, however.

Grief.exe

I'm sorry, but who the hell would pre-order Call of Duty right now?

Full price, no discount, you know next to nothing about the game. I guess that preaches to the cognitive ability of the user base. At least Square put some effort into it by massively decreasing the price of Thief, tricked some people.

Started playing Darksiders 2 because of the Playfire Rewards.

I wasn't able to change the game's settings before the game started, which pisses me off. The game doesn't have full controller support and it looks like it also has stuttering problems with AMD cards.

The things I do for a few cents.

Hey Dark Souls 2 peoples:

There's a treasure I can see, sort of above McDuff's shop in The Lost Bastille... it's a body and you can see it as you head towards his shop from the bonfire that the hawk drops you off at... but I cannot seem to figure out how the heck to get anywhere near that spot -- I see no ladders or anything...

Levyne

Banned
Started playing Darksiders 2 because of the Playfire Rewards.

I wasn't able to change the game's settings before the game started, which pisses me off. The game doesn't have full controller support and it looks like it also has stuttering problems with AMD cards.

The things I do for a few cents.

Hmm? It doesn't? I played it entirely with a 360 controller, no issues at all. I forget if it launched me into the game automatically when first starting it up, but I get a chance to go into options before hitting "continue".

Grief.exe

There's a treasure I can see, sort of above McDuff's shop in The Lost Bastille... it's a body and you can see it as you head towards his shop from the bonfire that the hawk drops you off at... but I cannot seem to figure out how the heck to get anywhere near that spot -- I see no ladders or anything...

I got that one, but I don't remember how.

Hmm? It doesn't? I played it entirely with a 360 controller, no issues at all. I forget if it launched me into the game automatically when first starting it up, but I get a chance to go into options before hitting "continue".

I wasn't able to control one of the first menus I got from the game, which wanted me to create an online account. Hate that stuff :/

The Dark Souls 2 (PC) OT could answer all most questions you will have.

But here's my best answer:

(Dark Souls 2 Spoilers!)
Off the top of my head, you get up there from the rear part of the Lost Bastille, which you will be unable to access from the hawk-drop side unless you beat the boss. From the boss room, you will go past the bonfire (Bastille Bonfire 2?) on a rickety bridge and walk along the top of the Bastille's walls and buildings until you reach a pit filled with dogs. From there, jump across the rooftops and climb the ladder on the other side and go up, up, and away - until you reach the item. There may be a bunch of horrible, exploding monsters up there, but my memory is a little hazy.

Unfortunately I can't remember what the item in question was.

Hopefully this is all correct. If it isn't, feel free to invade me!*

---
* - I reserve the right to strike you down if you do.

Caerith

When did they remove the ability to write reviews for DLC? Or is there some workaround to be able to do so?

Edit: okay, you can manually link to a DLC's review page, but...

Edit2: you can't actually post a review because it will say you have 0 minutes on record for DLC. Boo.

Miguel81

I'd like to have the new(and maybe old) Ninja Gaiden games on Steam. I did set up a petition on change.org, but it was just a spur of the moment thing. I'd hope to find people with more enthusiasm than I could muster.

rtcn63

It's all these Die Hard reruns. Gets you in the mood for some COD. I'd ignore Family Matters though, I recall it being dreadful. Stefan, seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom