• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Planet Stronghold is pretty fun so far. You fight roboants and your roommate is Hitler. Sure, everyone calls him 'Phillip,' but that mustache don't lie.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Crytek and Epic said the same thing about Crysis 2 and Gears of War 2 respectively. :p

The Crysis 2 story is so weird, the ending is really bad(gets even worse when you see the ending of Crysis 3)

I think it goes something like this(Spoilers for Crysis 2 and 3's ending)
*Explanation of why the story of Crysis is terrible*

The writing In Crysis 2 is so awful. Never played Gears 2, but I assume Cole Train had the worst best writing of all time

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve has apparently emptied the Steam Master sub of all third-party content, which follows a recent change to how employee and press accounts function -- rather than new store items automatically being added the Steam Master and, in most cases, the Press Master sub, instead employees and privileged members of the media can "buy" them at no cost.

Jeep Barnett's profile is my go-to Valve employee account and his All Games tab is now showing only 285 items.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So what's all this talk about a new Humble Bundle today? Did they announce it themselves or did it get leaked anywhere?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There's talk of a new humble bundle? I must have missed it.

Yeah, some people are claiming that they are going to run two concurrent main bundles from now on.

Quoting Knurek from a previous page:

New Humble today? One of the article about Comic one currently tanking mentioned they plan to have two bundles running at the same time, one gaming related, one ebook/music/comedy one.

tjohn86

He means add the game to your Desura collection and then retrieve the Steam key from there.

Ah thanks! I didn't know that was a thing.

edit:

Critical error: We apologize, but we appear to have run out of game keys for this game. The developers have already been notified and we are working to get more game keys ASAP. Thank you for your patience.

ugh

JaseC

From the creators of Bastion, Transistor is a sci-fi themed action RPG that invites you to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as you fight through a stunning futuristic city. Transistor seamlessly integrates thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, melding responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling. During the course of the adventure, you will piece together the Transistor's mysteries as you pursue its former owners.

Releases May 21st. $19.99 or $29.98 for the game + OST bundle.

Turfster

Yeah, some people are claiming that they are going to run two concurrent main bundles from now on.

When the comics bundle was announced, they announced there would be other bundles for books/comics/music running concurrently after this one ended on the 13th, so yeah.
I'm not expecting anything.

aku:jiki

There was an article on Polygon, I think, announcing the comics bundle and with a comment from Humble staff. There was no mention of them changing the bundle day, though, so it's still thursday as far as I'm concerned.

derExperte

There was an article on Polygon, I think, announcing the comics bundle and with a comment from Humble staff. There was no mention of them changing the bundle day, though, so it's still thursday as far as I'm concerned.

I don't expect anything today but Tuesday is the day for the main bundles (=the comic one), Thursday for weeklies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Valve has apparently emptied the Steam Master sub of all third-party content, which follows a recent change to how employee and press accounts function -- rather than new store items automatically being added the Steam Master and, in most cases, the Press Master sub, instead employees and privileged members of the media can "buy" them at no cost.

Jeep Barnett's profile is my go-to Valve employee account and his All Games tab is now showing only 285 items.

Yeah, can confirm that they removed everything except Valve games from the Steam master sub:
http://steamdb.info/sub/61/

But they still have all the games in the Press Sub:
http://steamdb.info/sub/62/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I actually kind of like this - although my dreams of someday having every game thanks to Sub 61 are kinda dashed. Here's hoping that there will be a way for me to "buy" Top Gun when I work at Valve.

Also, Jeep is a really cool guy.

JaseC

Yeah, can confirm that they removed everything except Valve games from the Steam master sub:
http://steamdb.info/sub/61/

But they still have all the games in the Press Sub:
http://steamdb.info/sub/62/

Yeah, the registry is where I noticed the change. I used Barnett's profile as confirmation since I thought Valve may have added the games to employee accounts manually, but apparently not. I'm guessing the Press Master sub is safe, at least for now, since emptying it would see reviewers lose access to quite a lot of pulled content.

Tenrius

200MB update for KRZ and now I'm hyperventilating.

5422D8C47618D2955E1AD96BB2017ED67B13E0C1

First screenshot!

JaseC

I actually kind of like this - although my dreams of someday having every game thanks to Sub 61 are kinda dashed. Here's hoping that there will be a way for me to "buy" Top Gun when I work at Valve.

Also, Jeep is a really cool guy.

My hopes for Wheelman now firmly rest on it resurfacing as part of the WB Vault initiative. Come on, Batman! Make it happen!

aku:jiki

I don't expect anything today but Tuesday is the day for the main bundles (=the comic one), Thursday for weeklies.
Oh thanks, I thought the comics one was the weekly one because I have early onset alzheimers. Well, then, I guess we'll see in a couple of hours.

If it's one eBook bundle and one audiobook bundle, I'm going to flip all the tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom