• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
i hate pal and ntsc

they only brought me issues back in 1998 when i was trying to buy pirated ps1 games off some shady pirate game street vendors and they were always all in black and white

never again
That's what you get for using inferior non-multinorm Argie TVs.
Here in UY almost all TVs had support for a bunch of PAL and NTSC variants, so no issues with colours or sound or anything (first hand experience as I had an European SNES sadly).

Haha, that or just a scrambled image. Good times. The former owners of one of the local stores in my town travelled to Bali a fair bit back in the day and for quite a while they were selling pirated copies of PSX games they'd picked up while overseas.
Were the scrambled image due to running say, a NTSC in a PAL console or because the TV itself didn't support the format?

I know, it's just the "no image" thingy bothers me. It was the only game I've played recently.
It happens to all region locked games and it's quite annoying :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why, do you have retail keys from like 37 different versions waiting to activate? :)

Haha, if only. :(

Were the scrambled image due to running say, a NTSC in a PAL console or because the TV itself didn't support the format?

The latter. Before my parents bought an NTSC-compatible TV, one just coughed up a scrambled image and the other displayed a crystal-clear image albeit without colour.

Dr Dogg

One simple change is all I ask for the client. Being able to rename any title in your library to anything you choose. Would solve all the organisational problems
and satisfy my mild compulsive urges
all at once.

Turfster

Daily Spacebase DF9 40/60% off (lol at the 6 days overlapping the "offer ends" text. This seems wrong, somehow.)
Midweek
  • Kerbal Space Program 40% off
  • Outlast 66% off

def sim

Oh, Outlast is adding achievements. I'll maybe check it out even if I've played it on PS4 already. That version didn't run as well as I would like.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
oh my! how much is Arkham Origins in US land? $7.49? Is it really runs so badly as I hear constantly?
wait... first I must ask Jasec are steam versions region locked, RU, for example?

No, Origins in my experience runs significantly better maxed out than Arkham City. I imagine the DX9 performance levels would be very similar between the two though.

Dr Dogg

The Sonic Collection is a good gift.

I guess Bus wins?

I think the amazon pack had a few more included but all that matters is that All Stars Transformed and the DLC is included. Worth it alone at that price.

Rise of Prussia will return to Steam tomorrow...

...as a separate app. I might have to bug AGEOD/Slitherine for a key to the original.

That's good news. Not that it's back of course but I still have an elusive +1 to the "not on Steam" :p

Really can't remember what pack I got that in. Might have been a Paradox pack in the past?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
This can only mean one thing, really:

Bye, GFWL; hello, Steamworks!
Just saw it, nice!
I thought they'd left it to rot and just make USFIV Steamworks.

The latter. Before my parents bought an NTSC-compatible TV, one just coughed up a scrambled image and the other displayed a crystal-clear image albeit without colour.
Aha, then the second was technically compatible with NTSC (it likely had PAL-M support), it just didn't have support for it's specific colour carrier frequency :p
In any case it's good that those format clusterfuck days are (kinda, not really) behind us.

EDIT:
No, Origins in my experience runs significantly better maxed out than Arkham City. I imagine the DX9 performance levels would be very similar between the two though.
This, DX11 mode runs far better in Origins. Mind that I have AMD and thus no PhysX though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I guess Bus wins?

Is the Sonic Collection one key for all of the games? I'm sort of interested in buying it just to have digital versions of 3&Knuckles and CD.

Rise of Prussia will return to Steam tomorrow...

...as a separate app. I might have to bug AGEOD/Slitherine for a key to the original.

I hope it's relatively cheap. AGEOD games aren't really good, but I'm a sucker for them.

Anteater

oh my! how much is Arkham Origins in US land? $7.49? Is it really runs so badly as I hear constantly?
wait... first I must ask Jasec are steam versions region locked, RU, for example?

runs better for me than arkham city on dx11, unless you turn on physx to high which I think a lot of cards will struggle with

edit: i5 3570k and 760gtx, well there were 2 rooms with a lot of enemies that dropped my framerate, but this is before the new nvidia driver so it might be a bit better now

I guess Bus wins?
I keep getting this error when I try to add it.

The price of the following products has changed, please verify the prices and re-add them to your cart: Sonic Hits Collection

The price hasn't changed though. Still $7.49 for me.

Edit: Just got it to work.

Arthea

Actually, I had problems with running City, that's why I'm asking. I didn't believe complains about it and was proven wrong.

Pachimari

Seriously, I really need to get this to work.

I have a Dual Shock 4 and I want it to work with my computer. First of all, do I need a Bluetooth dongle? I have one connected if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom