• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO JUST GOT AN 210MB UPDATE

1024x576.resizedimage

I know that the first game has achievement unlocking bug. Does the second also have the bug?

Is that PC only? I platinum'ed both on PS3 (and 1000/1000 Darksiders on x360 too).

Insane difference between #1 and #2

D6CxxyV.png

Are we friends? If not, add me and watch it go over 2200.

I actually have 50 people on my friendslist who don't have HL2. Seems so crazy to me.

Considering how cheap it's been and how much people gush about the game, that *is* surprising.

I wouldn't call what you're doing 'life' then.

Hahaha... I'm not sure that anyone who played HL2 recently without the love developed for the series by playing it when it was released would make him love the series anywhere near as much as you seem to. :)

I mean, I played the games through The Orange Box on x360 and I can't figure out why everyone seems to love them so much.

I don't own HL2 because HL is the most overrated franchise in the history of videogames. Gordon Freeman is an absolute non-character and first-person platforming can eat my ass. Come at me, bros.

Most overrated is a stretch, but as I said above, I do not understand the heaps of praise that people throw at it... I'm not sure if it's because the games were more spectacular at the time of release or if it's because I'm not a huge fan of the universe or even if it's because of the extremely negative experience I had trying to play the original Half-Life... whatever it is, they seemed like average to good FPS games (HL2 and the episodes at least)... but not the best game of all time that a lot of people talk them up as.

Then again, I feel this way about most Valve titles, I think.

At first: "Games are cheap! I'm saving so much money!"
But soon enough: "Games are cheap! I'm spending all my money!" :p

Speaking the truth! The amount of games I've accrued over the past 4 months breaks my brain. o_O

Nabs

Lots of 2/3/4-(indie)packs have been getting updates over the last few days. A bunch of 'em got a bump just now.

Tip: Grab the SpeedRunners 4-pack if it's cheap.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spacebase DF-9 is on sale for the next week. 60% off if you own a previous DF game (not applied to the game alone but the Soundtrack Edition is reduced to $11.99) or 40% off if you don't ($14.99/$17.99 for the Soundtrack Edition).

Li Kao

Challenge accepted.
emhffSG.jpg

Truth be told it was a lot easier than I anticipated it to be. Firstly, because I had forgotten (or never saw) that you can display "unactivated" collectables on the map. And secondly a lot of the long achievements I dreaded fell pretty quickly due to a pretty thorough play.
And if those hours lost weren't enough, I started Amazing Spider-Man on hard difficulty all because of you. Still, as much as I won't turn into an achievement collector and don't look for hardcore difficulty in a game, that was a good choice, the game must be easy as piss on normal >_>

derExperte

Challenge accepted.
emhffSG.jpg

If you were my son I'd be very proud right now.

The collectibles btw get unlocked after doing the last batch of side missions available through the phone (which I totally forgot about for a while) so that may be the reason you didn't notice. I only had to use a guide for the last 'events' like the dudes and gals in the trunks. Other than that a very gamer friendly game that does everything to support you. Also has one the best collection of radio stations so not using taxis is fun 'til the end.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weird, wasn't only the Ultra update supposed to be changed?

Capcom hasn't really spoken about plans for its GFWL titles, but it is a little odd that AE is being updated considering Ultra is set to replace it.

This can only mean one thing, really:

Bye, GFWL; hello, Steamworks!

Nice. While Capcom never said flat out that they wouldn't port games to Steamworks, their statement about their process in general was very vague... if this happens, I'd love to see the rest of their GFWL titles get the treatment.

Great news. I'd love to see more people playing AE2012 again.

I'll hop on and get my ass whipped when it does. :)

Still hoping for SFxT to get the same treatment.

Me too. Cross the line!

I assume Capcom will follow tradition and make retail keys retroactively Steam-friendly.

Why, do you have retail keys from like 37 different versions waiting to activate? :)

Well that was kept quiet. Maybe someone in the media should give Capcom a poke about their other GFWL stuff when this drops.

There was an article once that said they had some basic plan to assess and support their titles but no timetable or list for games actually scheduled to be worked on, IIRC.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Capcom hasn't really spoken about plans for its GFWL titles, but it is a little odd that AE is being updated considering Ultra is set to replace it.

Might be for people like me who need an upgrade path and since you can rollback versions in Ultra I don't imagine the network functions will work in the GFWL stripped version. All speculation of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom