• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i stopped playing tf2 for the same reason, i don't mind having to keep up with patches for league of legends because i play it almost every day, but this is a fps, i just want to launch it and play it, not have to wonder if my class is suddenly unviable cos the devs couldn't actually balance the game on release

like i would've been 10x times cooler if the game was f2p but you know you pay money for something you like and then it gets turned into something you don't and it's not so cool

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think most of the class changes have been beneficial. They've been watching how people play and responding to that.

Geez, do TF2 people complain this much about the incessant patching that game gets?

What are "the big issues?"

I'm not trying to sound unsympathetic here, I just feel people are exaggerating some of the complaints.
If every TF2 update was 4.99 they probably would.

I appreciate the time and effort Overkill puts into the teasing of updates on their website, but I already paid 29.99 for the game. I don't want to pay more and more and more.

derExperte

I feel like I need to give Payday 2 another chance before declaring it one the biggest clusterfucks I've ever witnessed but they've put so much convoluted shit in there I would have to sift through before getting to the gameplay that it probably won't ever happen. I'll probably get kicked anyway for being too low level, having to relearn the maps and what the classes and all the countless perks with countless upgrades do. P1 was lean and mean with enough depth, P2 is.... I don't even know what it is.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like I need to give Payday 2 another chance before declaring it one the biggest clusterfucks I've ever witnessed but they've put so much convoluted shit in there I would have to sift through before getting to the gameplay that it probably won't ever happen. I'll probably get kicked anyway for being too low level, having to relearn the maps and what the classes and all the countless perks with countless upgrades do. P1 was lean and mean with enough depth, P2 is.... I don't even know what it is.
the interface's a mess too and the map browser is still the same crap from beta

it makes it really hard to go back to it and the few times i've tried it i've been kicked as soon as the van arrived or stuff like that

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've had fun playing PayDay 2 with friends, but I could see it being a bother with randoms, and the game has some silly decisions about it. Stealthing right now is my biggest nitpick with it; It was already hard to do, so why'd they have to go and make it HARDER?

def sim

Payday 2 was short in content at release, but I found it an enjoyable co-op game to play with friends. The community at launch were communicative, either voice or text, though missions almost always turn sideways with randoms. I didn't mind too much considering the music that follows a mistake is fantastic. I'll probably check it out at the tail end of summer to see how much has changed in a year.

Dark Souls log.

Yesterday it was less of adventuring and more of realization.
I went back into the forest and recovered my souls. While there, I opened a shortcut to the bonfire and killed some forest rangers. Then it clicked me.
When the rangers died, they disappeared in the same way and sounds that my character does. They were not hollows. They were men.
As I saw their bodies turn to mist, I have this grim revelation that I'm not some kind of light paladin trying to cure the Undead curse... I'm a monster. When I die, I'm the only character who doesn't lose his souls... I'm friendly towards a Spider-monster girl, but I slay whoever crosses my path. I'm not a champion trying to restore a world going to ruin. I'm a monster, trying to dominate a world already fallen. I'm a dark soul. I'm the villain of this game, not its hero.

The saga of Dark Souls... is far from over.

derExperte

the interface's a mess too and the map browser is still the same crap from beta

it makes it really hard to go back to it and the few times i've tried it i've been kicked as soon as the van arrived or stuff like that

They improved the map a little after release but how anyone could think it was a good idea to dump the simple browser of P1 will forever remain a mystery. That alone turned me right off.

But maybe we can get a GAF round of disappointed P2 players who don't know and care what they're doing started one day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
son of a bitch... they added a steam key to Kingdom Elemental from the first shiny loot bundle and I didnt get it at the time, because it didnt have the greenlight logo :/

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
son of a bitch... they added a steam key to Kingdom Elemental from the first shiny loot bundle and I didnt get it at the time, because it didnt have the greenlight logo :/

In Groupees we trust! They're one of the fastest sites in terms of getting Steam keys up quickly, though think most know at this point.

I didn't get that particular bundle either.

Dark Souls log.

Yesterday it was less of adventuring and more of realization.
I went back into the forest and recovered my souls. While there, I opened a shortcut to the bonfire and killed some forest rangers. Then it clicked me.
When the rangers died, they disappeared in the same way and sounds that my character does. They were not hollows. They were men.
As I saw their bodies turn to mist, I have this grim revelation that I'm not some kind of light paladin trying to cure the Undead curse... I'm a monster. When I die, I'm the only character who doesn't lose his souls... I'm friendly towards a Spider-monster girl, but I slay whoever crosses my path. I'm not a champion trying to restore a world going to ruin. I'm a monster, trying to dominate a world already fallen. I'm a dark soul. I'm the villain of this game, not its hero.

The saga of Dark Souls... is far from over.

Well, you can
redeem yourself and join their covenant and protect the forest with our lfie

I0Lkx8E.png

Welp

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Alright, I give up. How do you view what the most wish listed game among your friends is, as well as the most played?

Nabs

Not sure if said before, but...

Planet Stronghold can now be redeemed from Humble Bundle

Oh. I guess I own this as well. It was part of the Humble Weekly Sale: Celebrating Open Source! bundle. The one that came with NEO Scavenger and Offspring Fling. I guess I also have Magical Diary...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-9C0242F7788E96B5 - Taken by Sammichu

Luigi87

Playing through Dark Souls 2, I really want to get DkS1 on PC now (originally played on PS3). The sequel is really making me appreciate the world and bosses of the first game that much more... but I need it to go on sale (again) since I've seen it for $7.50 in the past...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Click on popular among friends in the "For You" tab on the homepage. or store page.

Ah ha! Thank you.

Well I'll be, Dark Souls II is the most popular thing on my list as well. Beats out DOTA 2 by about 42 hours. I'm surprised, I think most of the folks on my list are from TF2. Not that that should imply anything necessarily, but I'm still surprised.

And the top wishlisted are...Too many to list but Banished, Wasteland 2, Bioshock Inf., and Skyrim top it. Not bad.

Goooooood.

Thanks! I am going through my Humbles and I am finding tons of stuff I hadn't redeemed/weren't available, giveaway coming soonish. Also found Arkham Oranges DLC which is nice as I now do own Arkham Oranges!

jediyoshi

i stopped playing tf2 for the same reason, i don't mind having to keep up with patches for league of legends because i play it almost every day, but this is a fps, i just want to launch it and play it, not have to wonder if my class is suddenly unviable cos the devs couldn't actually balance the game on release

like i would've been 10x times cooler if the game was f2p but you know you pay money for something you like and then it gets turned into something you don't and it's not so cool

Do heroes not get balanced in LOL once they're available? They are purchasable, right? Either way, if it's a case of prefacing your statement by saying you have a double standard, I'm not seeing the point in making an analogy out of it.

Snippity snip boopipty bop
That's a shame, I wasn't really paying attention to the game but it looked somewhat interesting I had no idea all the horror sections were randomly generated, even though random generation definitely has a place in games I don't think it belongs in horror games since horror is already hard enough to get right when you're carefully crafting every detail, so adding in a element of randomness to it seems to be asking for trouble.

The random levels that aren't scary and unlikeable characters basically means I'll avoid picking it up since it just sounds like a chore to play through.

Thanks for the write up though!

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-5CAA1916AE14D374 - Taken by Kiru
Lone Survivor -- MB-2F0D43315B81B24A - Taken by _hekk05
Surgeon Simulator -- MB-A61752FCF782105C - Taken by Henry Swanson

welp, would have expected more but here's what I already owned

zkylon

zkylewd
Do heroes not get balanced in LOL once they're available? They are purchasable, right? Either way, if it's a case of prefacing your statement by saying you have a double standard, I'm not seeing the point in making an analogy out of it.
wat

i'm saying i want A out of f2p moba games, B out of non-f2p fpses

i don't want A out of fpes

i want B

payday is giving me A

lots of A

and its B is shit

edit: and i wouldn't have a problem with the game not giving me what i want if it were free.
edit2: also you can refund champions and skins in league if they change them dramatically after release

1. I think you're exaggerating the bugs and glitches.

2. Not sure what you mean by balance; I think it was quite good, despite some major improvements they needed making.

3. They had more content than the previous game, which I adored, and have continued to add more.

4. Yeah, the small map thing is a terrible design choice, but apparently they're unable for whatever reason to maintain the same map size as the previous game. I've liked a lot of what they've done in the patches, though.

5. What features are we missing aside from 5-6-7 day missions?

No exaggeration on the bugs and glitches. Feel free to go back and read the massive patch notes for the game in it's first month or two. And by balance I mean everything. The classes weren't balanced at all. Everyone gravitated towards C4 so they had to make a new kind of safe to counteract it. Respec costs were extremely high. There was no reward for going stealthily. The XP distribution favored running small maps over and over instead of doing longer heists. That's how people managed to get the money to respec. Hiding attachments behind the random card system was insane. People then started running the short heists to farm those cards, and then the developers went in to nerf all that. I think they promised 14 or 18 heists at launch but how many times was the bank map repeated? How many times was the jewelry store repeated? How much real content did the game have? I was at about level 35 out of 100 when I had seen pretty much everything in the game multiple times. And yes, 5-7 day heists were missing. Why? Safehouse customization was missing. Why?

The game had a fuck ton of problems and was clearly rushed out to release. Possibly so that they wouldn't get drowned out by that other heist game coming out soon after. Not even the most ardent fans of the game can claim with a straight face that it was in any sort of decent state at release.

edit - forgot to mention the godawful 'map lobby system'. Yea, this game...

Crytek and Epic said the same thing about Crysis 2 and Gears of War 2 respectively. :p
The Crysis 2 story is so weird, the ending is really bad(gets even worse when you see the ending of Crysis 3)

I think it goes something like this(Spoilers for Crysis 2 and 3's ending)
Alcatraz's body is weak but somewhat working and Prophet is sick, so Prophet kills himself and puts the suit on Alcatraz, turns out Prophet's soul was in the suit and because of something Alcatraz did at the ending of Crysis 2, Prophet's mind is now alive again but only inside the suit, so Prophet now controls Alcatraz's body, and at the end of Crysis 3 Prophet merges with the suit and is now able to have his regular body and all the upsides of the nanosuit, so prophet's mind and body are back and merged with the suit, the suit which Alcatraz's body is still in! UGH, it's so weird!

I was reading Daikatana's Wiki page and lol at this:

The earliest review on the N64 version came from Nintendo Power, which gave it an average score of 5.6 out of 10, even though the game itself wasn't released until five months later.[29]

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You're implying that he paid for heroes in LoL, which is something that you don't know. You are also overlooking the fact that he specified his standards for each of the two genres (MOBA and FPS). I don't think criticizing one makes prasing the other invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom