• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are lots of cool lvl 1 only to be ruined by higher levels. I kinda understand why devs do this, but it still sucks.

for example lvl 1 Cherry Tree High Comedy Club has
Bit of a joker
while lvl 2 is Good for a Laugh
c'mon now...

to be fair to Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, their foil one is not bad compared to higher level ones, it's
Legendary Grinmeister

still lvl 1 is the best

As I said there are many examples

Once you craft a level of a badge, you should be able to choose which level of the badge you wish to display on your profile.

The version from https://firefox.enhancedsteam.com/ should still work for the most part. There have been a few changes that Valve has made since the Firefox plugin was discontinued that broke some functionality, but this one should still work fine on Firefox until version 40 hits later this year. Also, this version should still continue to work with Firefox offshoots like Pale Moon for the foreseeable future.
Aw sweet. Haven't been using ES for two weeks. Lots of info has been lost.

I am on Waterfox 37.0.1 and it is mostly working. Price histoy, Player Stats, Metacritic Scores are a go but Global Price Comparison doesn't show. Not a biggie.

Thanks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Once you craft a level of a badge, you should be able to choose which level of the badge you wish to display on your profile.

This is something I've been thinking about adding to Enhanced Steam... Some people are really particular about their profile colors and things, which is why I set up the new profile themes. But I've thought about taking that further by adding an option to select the "flair" for your Steam level number. You'd be able to set any flair (for example, yellow circle or blue shield) that you've already obtained. Your number would still be displayed like normal.

The tricky part is that it would be set server-side (like the backgrounds and themes) so when you leveled up, it wouldn't actually change your flair to the new one like most people would expect it to. But I'm sure I'll find a way to make it intuitive.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant the level badges or icons themselves, not the actual game badges.

Turfster

GameDealDaily
Never heard of them, so I'm going to guess this is a resold old promotional code or something of that ilk.

They're a known reseller, pretty popular with the Slickdeals crowd. They mostly sell things like leaflets with codes that come with games and stuff like that. I bought a Wii U Pro controller from them and it was a terrible experience I wish I could have avoided. Really sketchy, and apparently run by one guy.

Yep, that's what I thought.

GetGames has a Squenix sale 75% off basically the Eidos catalogue

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Never heard of them.

They're a known reseller, pretty popular with the Slickdeals crowd. They mostly sell things like leaflets with codes that come with games and stuff like that. I bought a Wii U Pro controller from them and it was a terrible experience I wish I could have avoided. Really sketchy, and apparently run by one guy.

maty

It's been a while since I made a giveaway so here you go. Some spares and other games I won't active on my account

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Bejeweled 3 -- MB-71090DDCF3C34F8F - Taken by LuuKyK
Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can -- MB-459F9AFBD2835E6C - Taken by crazyrabbits
Darkstone -- MB-557BB2966625E0C7 - Taken by Sarcasm
Project Night -- MB-A1ACCED1218D627F - Taken by xGreg
Dead Space 2 -- MB-1E9171291BCA75AD - Taken by Belgarion
Mechanic Escape -- MB-2CF5FD5A956F6CA9 - Taken by texhnolyze
Journey of the Roach -- MB-739DCBC09E3843A0 - Taken by KainXVIII
Boo Bunny Plague- -- MB-1B4E7F1B252EDFFE - Taken by darkchewie
Yelaxot -- MB-5C9D729FA2360086 - Taken by Eila
Type:Rider -- MB-E8DB617E80D7EEF2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
18 WHEELS OF STEEL: EXTREME TRUCKER -- MB-20EB9528307B345A - Taken by nightstorm
La-Mulana -- MB-95852B05915D048B - Taken by Tesseract

gamesownedhquya.png

I now have 900 games with the lastest be mine bundle. Won't take long before I reach 1000. I never thought I would have so many games after 4 years

Turfster

Daily Homefront 75% off

Humble Spring Sale
12 hour flash deals and daily 1$ deals
Further deals not on the front page under the publisher tabs.

System Shock 2 is 1$.
You have no excuse.

Adnor

Banned
Awwww yeah, after months of not having a graphic card I just got my 970! I'm back!

Now to not play the newest games because I have no money left to spend.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Gaming laptops always lead to disappointment, especially expensive ones.
I live a life of constant disappointment and I also buy headsets.

It's a lot more unforgiving than GT with the assists off and Full Damage setting. High/Ultra visual settings require a pretty beastly PC, and AMD performance isn't too hot(even on Medium). Did one race in Azure Coast in a Thunderstom + 20 cars and it was marvelous for a bit until my frames tanked. Setting up a pad properly also takes a bit of experimentation.
Cool. I'm not buying it until I get my laptop but the driving dynamics are more important to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Awwww yeah, after months of not having a graphic card I just got my 970! I'm back!

My car broke down on the way back from work a couple of nights ago, which, all told, sucked over $500 out of my Summer Sale fund. I was in a similar situation around this time last year, so I'm starting to think my car is sentient and actively trying to sabotage my game collecting efforts. Screw you, car!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm still learning to write not like shit. My brother suggested writing Arabic as it has helped him, plus it's a cool language.

Wider nibs are pretty great for that! Very fluid look to the language. Haven't really messed with it myself, but it lends itself pretty well to the calligraphic properties of a good fountain pen.

Ban Puncher

Why am I totally fine with dropping hundreds of dollars on old console games but baulk at the notion of paying more than ten bucks for a PC game?

ZFdqIHb.gif

Anyone spend time with Dex yet? In the OT I saw someone compare it to both Alpha Protocol and Vampire: The Masquerade which makes me very, very interested.

didamangi

It's happy hour for Indie Gala Mega Adventure.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Tinker City of Colors -- MB-A4D358AF9C26DB1D - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 5 entrants total.
Eidolon -- MB-0AE8A9A715873146 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Runaway Trilogy (I'll pm the winner the other 2 keys) -- MB-0B59655013F49DD5 - Taken by L.O.R.D - Taken by PunishedSnake. 4 entrants total.
About Love, Hate and the other ones -- MB-39EDC30294A81E08 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Venetica Gold Edition -- MB-EC800539F5FBC1CE - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-3033D34403CF0759
War, the Game -- MB-4849988DD1FEBC01 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter Two -- MB-97752CFF9883EB69 - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.
Mushroom Men Truffle Trouble -- MB-241B057BE2331D38 - Taken by ramoisdead. 2 entrants total.

t1431106226z1.png

fuck new games, play your old games on the highest possible settings and push that baby!! Still haven't gotten around to getting an ENB for new vegas, its one of my favorite games of all time, can't wait to play it with some enb action. anyone got/know a really good enb for it that supports night vision?

Phawx

Just ordered mine two days back! :)

I have the oem Clevo P770ZM. Which is literally the same thing as the Sagar minus any branding. Went with the 980m and currently using Prema's Mod to get a decent OC out of it. It is literally as fast as my gaming desktop.

Edit: Whoa 5 pages happened.

Khronico

How good is Homefront?

It's.... OK. definitely not worth full price but 5 bucks is about right for the quality. Campaign is buggy and short but has it's cool setpieces (pretty strong beginning but it quickly devolves into a COD derivative). IIRC multiplayer was actually pretty fun, it's an interesting blend of battlefield combined arms battles with large maps and COD 'gun feel' (if that makes sense).

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
My car broke down on the way back from a couple of nights ago, which, all told, sucked over $500 out of my Summer Sale fund. I was in a similar situation around this time last year, so I'm starting to think my car is sentient and actively trying to sabotage my game collecting efforts. Screw you, car!
Christine?
You shouldn't name your cars.

I love how High Voltage Software thinks that giving us a "Unlock all krypt items" DLC for MKX in compensation for the save file deletion is a good idea...
I mean, the Krypt is supposed to be a meta-game that pushes you to play matches in order to unlock cool stuff... They are actually taking away gameplay.

HVS really really sucks.

(I know I can disable the DLC!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom