• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
E1CG0ZB.png

Wow, 50%? First time I'm hearing such a high number. Is that real or out of his bum?

Well I've speculated for quite a while that the number of bot or shill accounts on Steam is actually really high, an 50% doesn't surprise me. What we don't know is if Valve considers these accounts "active" or not and includes them in their regular updates about their user base. My guess is that a good chunk of these accounts are considered active because they are probably logged into regularly to send out spam.

derExperte

Rather don't install Windows until Service Pack 1 at least.

Classic SPs are dead. But you could wait until the big 'Redstone' update in 2016. I won't though, only time I regretted jumping right in was Vista and there the biggest problem were lazy driver devs.

Well I've speculated for quite a while that the number of bot or shill accounts on Steam is actually really high, an 50% doesn't surprise me. What we don't know is if Valve considers these accounts "active" or not and includes them in their regular updates about their user base. My guess is that a good chunk of these accounts are considered active because they are probably logged into regularly to send out spam.

Well considering the 'either owns a game or was online the last 90 days', there's a good chance they are.

You are not surprised? Wow. I would have never thought the number to be that crazy high. Maybe 10-15% out of gut feeling.

About half of all accounts is pretty damning.

Arthea

You are not surprised? Wow. I would have never thought the number to be that crazy high. Maybe 10-15% out of gut feeling.

About half of all accounts is pretty damning.
you are very optimistic, I thought it would be about ~30% seeing as service is 10 years old and bot explosion is fairly recent comparing to that. Then again I haven't thought about accounts that were made but never used, and there are such on every service.

derExperte

Well I've speculated for quite a while that the number of bot or shill accounts on Steam is actually really high, an 50% doesn't surprise me.

So basically like SonyGAF.

So where to download the Win10 Preview?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Thanks. I can see a lot of languages, but German isnt one of them?

Edit: Now I can see it. Thanks both of you~

He, I first had the German link but spend a minute searching for English because I forgot you're German too. Though personally I prefer my OS' in English. Speaking of which I hate games that don't offer a free language selection and go by your regional settings. Yes, I'm talking about you, Flame Over.

Tizoc

Sorry, Tizoc, but why you don't just wait until a GOTY or Complete edition will be released? You need to wait six months anyway to play all contents.

I already got AK from a fellow GAFfer for around $36, it MAY be possible for me to use up Gaben Dollars and get the SP for $10, thereby getting the 'full' game for under the price of a regular game sold here, but that way I'd be using up all my Gaben Dollars ;D
Plus who wouldn't want to play the game with this early on
batmobile-from-batman-the-animated-series.jpg

Turfster

Groupees Be Mine 19 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Magicraft: Swords and Sorcery
  • Jones on fire
TIER 2: 4$
  • Woolfe
  • Dokuro
  • NaissanceE
  • Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
  • 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker

Shadownet

Banned
Wait, there's a way to get the Arkham Knight Season Pass cheaper?

Also, Turf got partially beat by Winter Demon. That's something new. Get rekt Turf.

iosefe

hmm...lastest chrom beta update breaks adblock...

but fixes the NeoGAF thread auto-refresherer which has been broken for months

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
TIER 2: 4$
  • NaissanceE

Loooooooove this one! Probably one of the strangest, most oppressive first person experiences yet. The use of color and impossible spaces makes you feel lost but in a good way. There's apparently a lot of secret rooms and areas that really mess with physics but other than one that
slows down time
I didn't find many.

Feel free to check out my full breakdown of why NaissanceE does the concept of first person experiences so right, if you wanna. Conversely, Blizzard had some issues with the jumping/timing portions and found his experience a bit strained as a result. There was supposedly a patch to improve those instances, though I can't comment for sure as I really never had a problem with them to begin with.

chronomac

An extra from Groupees:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Naissancee -- MB-4B5EB8B5192DDD0E - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.

t1431095192z1.png

Turfster

Feel free to check out my full breakdown of why NaissanceE does the concept of first person experiences so right, if you wanna. Conversely, Blizzard had some issues with the jumping/timing portions and found his experience a bit strained as a result. There was supposedly a patch to improve those instances, though I can't comment for sure as I really never had a problem with them to begin with.

NaissanceE does first person mostly right, but the fiddly geometry and puzzles really fuck it up =p

derExperte

uBlock > Adblock

uBlock₀>uBlock

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker -- MB-45E6FB3721B0DDD7 - Taken by anastef

Part of my resolve to not add trash that I'll never play just because +1.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
NaissanceE does first person mostly right, but the fiddly geometry and puzzles really fuck it up =p

Honestly, the only puzzle I ran into trouble with was the weird strobe rooms. No matter which one of the two rooms you pick, I always feel a bit dizzy by the time I've reached the other side.

Turfster

Honestly, the only puzzle I ran into trouble with was the weird strobe rooms. No matter which one of the two rooms you pick, I always feel a bit dizzy by the time I've reached the other side.
The puzzles were okay, but some of the rooms... jesus christ.
Especially
the big empty room with the city at the bottom that you enter by going down those narrow fucking twisting spiral staircases with no outside walls

Tizoc

That article title by Kotaku.

"Nintendo thinks they'll dominate the garbage mobile gaming market."

I love it.

There are good mobile games though, and Nintendo CAN make a good presence there....even if their games have shitty IAP and NintendoGAF will defend them from hell to back while still criticizing games that have similar or even less worse IAP :V

Parsnip

Hey so apparently Microsoft sent me an email saying that, I have $60 on my account that needed to be used before June 1st. (Not even sure where the $60 even come from)

So yeah now I don't know what to spend it on. I don't even have an Xbox anymore. I mean I could buy something to use on my PC. I don't know what though.

I've got about $10 usd in there as well, left over from when they converted from xbox spacebucks to real money.

Shadownet

Banned
Probably lttp but that Conan Witcher 3 gameplay was from an old PC build. https://mobile.twitter.com/Bacon_is_life/status/596564841554386944
I wonder how much money Microsoft gave CDPR so that they would promote their game so much for Xbone.

I know I'm late to this but I just found out even the CE for Witcher 3 get more stuff in the Xbone edition. Like really?

I've got about $10 usd in there as well, left over from when they converted from xbox spacebucks to real money.
They have a Microsoft Video store. Can I use the money to buy like TV shows and watch it on my PC? I assume the stuff in that store isn't limited to watching on Xbox only.

There are good mobile games though, and Nintendo CAN make a good presence there....even if their games have shitty IAP and NintendoGAF will defend them from hell to back while still criticizing games that have similar or even less worse IAP :V

I'm not so sure, these aren't first-party titles. These are probably gonna be regular IAP mobile games with Nintendo-themed paintjobs. I mean, come on, even most Nintendo fans have standards (see: Yoshi's New Island, Sticker Star).

iosefe

uBlock get.

i'm have Live Thread is back, but that is so random. eitherway, i'm SO READY for conference season next month

holy shit, we're a month away

milena87

I wonder how much money Microsoft gave CDPR so that they would promote their game so much for Xbone.

I know I'm late to this but I just found out even the CE for Witcher 3 get more stuff in the Xbone edition. Like really?

Yes, a cloth map and the new card game.

I think it's fair, though, better to make exclusives physical goods, instead of in-game content. And I speak as a collector and a TW3 CE buyer on PC.

Also, CDPR has launched a store for Witcher-related things. These exclusive items, especially the card game, might appear on there someday, if someone really wants them.

What's the name of the extension that displays the YT vids' title in the link and can bring up the vid on the page the link was posted?

Parsnip

ievan polkka isn't really representative of how the language actually is. :p

They have a Microsoft Video store. Can I use the money to buy like TV shows and watch it on my PC? I assume the stuff in that store isn't limited to watching on Xbox only.
Maybe, I have no idea. I was looking at some things to spend it on, but couldn't really find anything interesting and wrote it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom